[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tabdog
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

4460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 08:02:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is too strange.

Dell, why did you say?

"The honest, truthful  & Ethical thing for Carl, to do in his continued efforts to discredit me, is to at least add a disclaimer  that the comments he makes are only his "Personal opinion", and not entirely fact, or truth based."

This thread was not an effort to discredit you. You are wrong. We are all giving our
opinions here. Why does one person have to anounce that, and others do not?

Then you bring someone else into it? and start saying bad things about both of them.
I do not even know who, or what, you are talking about.

But you are not being polite, or logical.

Just my observation,

Tabdog

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44180.html#msg44180

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 09:21:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

On the contrary, tabdog. I am being nice. I only mentioned 4 of the unkind things these 2 individuals, and the geotech gang have posted, and published about  me, or with indirect inference to me, in past years.
Not to mention the unscrupulous things members of the Skeptic organization have done behind the scenes.

I have had good success with some LRL products, and decided to build & sell them myself at a much lower price than charged by the electronics people who manufacture and sell the majority of LRL products worldwide. The nice thing about my attempting to get back in the competition, is that consumers  now have a choice, if I am not continued to be discredited out of  this business.

I am being very nice.  Please be happy about it. Smiley 

"To be illogical, is to be without knowledge, or understanding". I post here with first hand knowledge. I always have.   Great Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44195.html#msg44195

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:36:40 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 09:48:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dell_Winders
On the contrary, tabdog. I am being nice. I only mentioned 4 of the unkind things these 2 individuals, and the geotech gang have posted, and published about  me, or with indirect inference to me, in past years.
Not to mention the unscrupulous things members of the Skeptic organization have done behind the scenes.

I have had good success with some LRL products, and decided to build & sell them myself at a much lower price than charged by the electronics people who manufacture and sell the majority of LRL products worldwide. The nice thing about my attempting to get back in the competition, is that consumers  now have a choice, if I am not continued to be discredited out of  this business.

$950.00 for two bent rods and a beeping box that may probably or hopefully maybe will detect perhaps some, well maybe some treasure, but only if you have personal intuition and personal skills?

Quote:Posted by {author}

"To be illogical, is to be without knowledge, or understanding". I post here with first hand knowledge. I always have.   Great Dell

Look, mate, you are accepting 100 times the intrinsic value of the device you sell while implying that it will find treasure. Or may find treasure.

While I support your entrepreneurial spirit, I find your lack of ability to define your product accurately to be akin to a heinous lack of ethics. If you sell a product that has never demonstrated even to you that it does work, well, that strikes me as deliberately being misleading. Mincing around and saying that it "contributed to" or "may do" or "possibly do" while promising only that it WILL absolutely only do nothing and taking $950.00 for it seems to me like a questionable way to make a living.

Thus, for just you, I take back my declaration that claims are being made that can't be proven. Your machine can indeed be proven to do nothing, as you claim. My apology to you, Dell.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44197.html#msg44197

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline tabdog
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 11:24:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dell_Winders
On the contrary, tabdog. I am being nice. I only mentioned 4 of the unkind things these 2 individuals, and the geotech gang have posted, and published about  me, or with indirect inference to me, in past years.

"To be illogical, is to be without knowledge, or understanding". I post here with first hand knowledge. I always have.   Great Dell

But Dell,

This was a peaseful thread, not attacking anyone, until you started making allocations toward uninvolved people that do not seem to have anything to do with this thread
at all.

Is this a thread for you to carry on a personal vendetta toward those you do not like?

The dominant theme is now, is an argument between Dell and everyone else.

In other words, those who may have agreed with you in the beginning will not join your side because they have nothing  against these other folks, as you obviously do.

Thanks for demonstrating your hatred. It is easier to understand when we can see it.

Dowsers in Arkie Land are a lot more easy going.

They, like me, could care less what they think about this humorous subject.

I am telling you, it is much better to joke about it that to bicker over it,

<>Carl efforts to discredit me

<>Carl is a member of a skeptics organization

<>Someone maned Randy is lying

<>Carl is trying to cover up Randys lying

<>They slander me

<>They discredit me

<>They untruthfully brand Dell Winders, a liar

<>There is a skeptic organization that includes Randy and other radical  people that wants to discredit my life long reputation of Honesty & Integrity.

All that junk came from two paragraphs of one post of yours.

HH,

Tabdog

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44209.html#msg44209

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 12:28:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Carl, they are all claims which cannot be proven. Relax. I'm not blaming you but they do exist. That was just the first of dozens on eBay. I selected only one. All of them make claims as do web sites where manufacturers make wild claims.

It's not your fault. You don't have to defend them or excuse them. Seriously.

Are you by some chance an LRL manufacturer taking offense at my comments?

Me? Heck no, I've spent many years and many $1000's revealing that LRLs are nonsense and often just money-making scams. I don't defend them in the least. But it is true that many manufacturers now avoid making specific claims, and keep them intentionally vague. The buyer is required to make a leap of imagination in assuming the LRL might actually locate buried treasure, because that is never explicitly stated. This is most likely to provide cover if the manufacturer is ever taken to court.

Yes, there are some eBay sellers who make operational claims, but they are largely anonymous sellers. The one you quoted was for an Electroscope, and they definitely avoid specific claims. The reason I responded was to point out that not only are LRLs bogus but the advertising practices are devious. That's something anyone who carefully reads the advertising can understand, even if they know nothing else about LRLs.

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44224.html#msg44224

Offline ram
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 01:18:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

that's enough, what all want to know if LRL really works.

dell winders, prove it that your LRL works, let them see that it works.

it's very simple to do.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44242.html#msg44242

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 01:43:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Carl-NC, I think that seller was a bit too specific for his own good but that's just an opinion. I only took the very first return I got for my search. I'm sure there are more. In fact, one guy was selling handled rods for just $10.00 when I looked further. He says nothing at all about the product. Not one word, just his shipping policy and that's it. I suppose that's a safe way to sell them. Who could complain if he makes no claim at all?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44250.html#msg44250

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 11:55:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

that's enough, what all want to know if LRL really works.

dell winders, prove it that your LRL works, let them see that it works.

it's very simple to do.

ram, you are right, it is simple to prove to those who have a sincere interest in learning, and  knowing.

Make an appointment to come to my home in Haines City, Florida. I will teach you how to use LRL, and the conditions in which they will work, and the conditions they will not work.  I will hide a target unknown to you, and leave you on your own to find the target with the LRL. You will know if it works exactly as I claim,  by  proving it for yourself.

There is never a charge, or obligation.   My phone number is:  863 422 5454. 

I have made this FREE Training service available to  the users of Any, and All manufacture of LRL for 20 years because most LRL  instruction manuals don't provide very much user information.   I'm happy to be of service.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44575.html#msg44575

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:09:37 pm by Dell_Winders »

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 02:33:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wether it works or not it is still a subject to be discussed . If you go for it , you will find out the result . If you are against it just skip the messages  pertaining to this subject and read some other , to you , more interesting subjects .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44599.html#msg44599

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 05:32:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

All in all, this ad fails to state that the LRL can detect buried gold, or do anything else useful. All the claims are vague and generally untestable. Read the ads for Fitzgerald and Electroscope, and see if they give any testable specifics.

- Carl

I've used Fitzgerald & Electroscope products in the field with some minor results, and I've conducted DB comparison tests on some models. In my experienced opinion, their products do not actually detect Gold, Silver, or any other element.

Of course, I can only speak for myself, and  I know  for fact that my own  LRL products don't actually detect Gold, Silver, or any other elements. That is not the way LRL's work. That is not what they do, despite Carl's insistence that is what I should be claiming they do.  But, when used properly, they have proven to be a time & money saving aid for determining the probability of deep buried Treasure, that is  beyond the search, and depth limitations of conventional metal detectors.  And Yes,  it does happen that valuable Treasure & Artifacts, have been found, and discoveries have been made as a direct result of MFD, LRL, without the confirmation of any other geophysical tools.

I don't claim my LRL products will detect Gold or Silver. Technically they don't. I am being honest. Certainly, not because  Carl, caters to a determined, destructive Skeptic, agenda to prove that  LRL manufacturers, especially me, are frauds, liars, and scammers.

Hopefully folks will get wise to the selfish interests these  pretend Scientist, and their  supporters, who post dis-information on these forums.  In reality, they  don't have a Scientific, or legitimate leg to stand on.  The heroic pretense of saving  gullible Treasure Hunters, who the Skeptics don't seem to think  have the intelligence to evaluate and make intelligent decisions for themselves, is  a farce. But, they sound good, and call attention to gimmick challenges and gather believers in their cause.

So I ask Carl, How do you prove a negative?

That's my non-intellectual view.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg44653.html#msg44653

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:08:48 pm by Dell_Winders »

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.