[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Dell_WindersTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« on: January 08, 2007, 09:45:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I received this e-mail & photo a couple weeks ago from KYBOB. Dell

"Hi Dell,
  The temperature warmed up to about 50 degrees this afternoon, and Diana was gone to a women's club meeting. So I thought I would take the Dell Rod, and X-Scan, and my XL500 pulse induction detector down on the ridge saddle, were the two wells are below my back barn. I have not used the X-Scan by it self for a while, so I decided to take it and go down and play around awhile. I only had about 1 1/2 hours before dark.
  I set up about 50 feet before the first well , used a 1963 silver quarter for bait. I placed an ounce of Silver about 15 feet away from the X-Scan to test the unit with. After 3 minutes I started picking up my ounce of Silver, and two other lines. One to the left of the second well the other to the right side of it. I followed both lines until they ended. The one to the right was about 250 feet from the X-Scan , and the left one about 200 feet from it, about 2/3's the way between the two wells, about were I believe the old house stood. I checked them both with the XL500 detector with the 18 inch coil. The right target appeared to be about 2 feet 3 feet in size, and the one on the left seem to be small, Sense I only had about 1/2 hour at this time until dark I decided to dig this one.
  What I located was an old belt buckle eight inches deep, it was tarnish too bad to see what type metal it was made of ,but felt unusually heavy for it size.  I covered my hole over and came back to my gem shop. I washed it and placed it in an ulrasonic cleaner for one hour. It is still tarnished bad but now I can see a lot of Silver on the outside of it. I scraped it and under the Silver is Brass. I took two pictures of it. The Silver plating does not show up as good in the pictures as it does in real life.
  The old buckle is not worth much, but the X-Scan picking it up 200 feet away and only 18 inches from my location stake, and having Silver content is priceless!  Bob"

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1462.msg12323.html#msg12323

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

kybob X-Scan find.jpg

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:51:31 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: