[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline johnisraelaliyahTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:18:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have been a collector of old Bibles for several years now and although I have mostly been interested in discerning the content and changes over the years, I recently came to an interesting understanding of value.

In the beginning, I would look at the the differences in translation, meaning footnotes as well as the differences in maps, concordance etc..usually noting the greater depth of information available in new Bibles purchased in the early 1900's and late 1800's compared to later and present.  However I have found that much of the same information is available simply by purchase of 10 books rather than 1.

The newest note of value I have found is that at a recent meeting I found a person that began researching the ownership of the older Bibles they have collected and found this one was an identical match to the person accredited to leading Rev. Billy Graham to the  Lord Jesus Christ.

What a great blessing and a tool to begin looking up additional values in existing collections.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11214.msg71878.html#msg71878

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: