[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:10:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

it has a frosted purple look and in the light it has almost like a oil sheen to it thats the best i can explain it it is pretty cool have to see in person to appreciate thanks for the resizing help

Posted on: January 28, 2011, 11:02:54 PM
wow that took me forever to get posted i hate computers . anyone out there know what it was for i thought maybe lilac water  or does any one have a value the glass is old and  thin  i could not have posted without your help thank you very much!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21049.msg140457.html#msg140457

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

purple bottle_small.jpg

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:35:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm not the expert on glass, even though I'm starting to pick up some nice pieces.   I'm sure Seldom will be able to tell you more.   The purple coloring is probably because the glass has manganese in it.   This was added to the recipe by a lot of glass manufacturers between the 1880's and the beginnning of World War i to help keep the glass clear...but after extended exposure to sunlight, glass with manganese in it starts to turn purple.  (Just because it's purple, doesn't necessarily mean it is old though). 

Does the purple bottle have any noticeable seams?   And if it does, where do they stop and start?   Also, is there anything written on the bottom of the bottle?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21049.msg140460.html#msg140460

Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 12:33:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

it has two light seams looks like  that run up two of the beveled corners  the top of the rectangular part and stop about an inch from the part were the cork would have been seated in the neck then nothing the rest of the way up to the mouth the mouth is not perfect round  its weird because the sides arent flat smooth the are sunk in irregularly the top edge of the body or square part is beveled and all for corners are beveled it looks to me like the #2 is on it  i have another newer corker you might be able to date  its brown and says on one side  A.RHODES CO.HAIR PREPARATIONS LOWELL ,MASS two seams run up both sides no #on bottom Hey thanks for your interest and time 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21049.msg140466.html#msg140466

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: