[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dign4itTopic starter
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:18:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

The true story of Billy the Kid is a very interesting one.  You see, the true story of Billy involves New Mexico treasure rooms, an affiliation with the Masons, and ends (or does it?) with Billy being set-up and (supposedly) killed by Pat Garrett (was Garrett also a Mason?).
  Through letters, Billy spoke to New Mexico Governor Lew Wallace (Mason and Union General).  These letters can be found on-line, and I strongly suggest that you get a copy of them, that is, if you are interested in this story.  These letters offer a glimpse into the world of the secret society, as well the STRONG connection between the politicians and the outlaws.
  I first wrote about these letters years ago but, recently, something urged me to go back and do more research.  I was not disappointed by what was uncovered!! However, there was so, so much information uncovered that I will not be able to divulge it all.  You see, Billy was just "one small man" in this unfolding story....he was just one small piece in a very large puzzle.  This puzzle is the same, typical puzzle that you will find repeated all through history, throughout all of America (in every town).
  Indeed, the true story of Billy the Kid is a story that has not only been repeated, it is a story that is continuing to this very day. For me,it is certainly one of the more interesting treasure room story's of the old west...from Billy's close relationship with the Governor, to his meeting with Jesse James in Las Vegas, New Mexico in July of 1879, the facts concerning this time in history, this incident in history, seem to have no ending!!! 
  Get your copy of these letters written by Wallace and Billy.  It will make following along much easier.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg109874.html#msg109874

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:32:48 am by dign4it »
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 10:04:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

LOL:   There is a big stink going on here as we speak.

The Governor (Richardson) Has been asked to Pardon the kid and the Garrett family are protesting it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg109879.html#msg109879

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 11:46:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

homefire,
  Thanks for the input.  I had not heard of this until you mentioned it.  I checked it out and what you say is, in fact, the truth.
  I see where the Garrett family considers Billy to have been a violent murderer, which is not exactly the truth.  Before I'm done with this story it will be brought out that Billy's name was literally "drug through the mud" by the media outlets of the day.  This form of "media manslaughter" is a typical occurence for anyone who betrays the society, even to this day. 
  Thanks again, homefire.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg109910.html#msg109910

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:52:37 am by dign4it »
Offline billybob
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 12:46:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dign4it,
Do you have any sort of documentation that that Jesse James and Billy the kid actually met in New Mexico in 1879?. I am curious what you are basing this statement on

Thanks
Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg125664.html#msg125664

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 05:56:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

billybob,
  One reason for my posts is to drive people into doing their own research.  Concerning your question about the proof of this meeting, all you have to do is do a web search, such as the following: "Jesse James meets Billy the Kid".  I want to drive you into doing your own research in order to try to prove me wrong (don't take my word for anything).  Don't EVER take the word of ANY man....do YOUR OWN RESEARCH,  and either prove him (me) wrong, or.......learn the truth for yourself.  My only desire is for you, the treasure hunter, to know the truth...and the truth IS out there on the Internet. 
  The truth is....Jesse and Billy met, in New Mexico, just before the Lincoln County War.  But that's another story. Research it billybob.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg126517.html#msg126517

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 06:03:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dign4it
Concerning your question about the proof of this meeting, all you have to do is do a web search, such as the following:

Ooh, dangerous words. The web is absolutely filled with errors. Do you know why treasure leads from the Internet are held in such disregard? Because one false lead is repeated over and over again. Then when Google or some other search engine turns up 50 hits, the true believers come out of the woodwork claiming validity simply because of the number of hits. This kind of so called research is nothing short of insanity.

Even the written word cannot be trusted. Back in the papers of the day, the story in one newspaper was repeated with rewording by other newspapers. The telephone game comes into play with each writing change to avoid plagiarism. Unfortunately, the first hand accounts are getting harder and harder to find but those are the only ones to be trusted. Even then, a grain of salt must be applied.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg126518.html#msg126518

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 07:14:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

gold digger,
  of course, what you say is true.  however, you also bring up the most important point possible....and that is this: when you already have the truth, then that which is false becomes very obvious.  I cannot say who put this news in a newspaper, but i would venture to say that back in those days there was more truth than fiction.  for Jesse James to be in the town would have been news-worthy.  it's not like the controlled news that we are fed today.
 it's sort of like treasure hunting web sites that are moderated by people who would be better off talking about weaving quilts, or something else that they actually have knowledge of.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg126531.html#msg126531

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 07:41:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

it's sort of like treasure hunting web sites that are moderated by people who would be better off talking about weaving quilts, or something else that they actually have knowledge of.

Your very close to being rude and insulting. Everyone has let you have your say on signs and the KGC without much bantering but if you start insulting members or mods you will be warned.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg126535.html#msg126535

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 08:05:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dign4it

The same could be said about dreamers who haven't a clue what a real outlaw did back in the 1800s. They mostly got small prizes for their efforts and spent it on booze, women, food and clothing. Just like criminals today do. They didn't have free horses, clothes or food to keep them going. Unlike a wage earner, they stole what they wanted without a care for the future. They didn't become smart and save their ill gotten gains. They squandered it.

The fairy tales you believe in are just nothing but fiction yet you treat them with reverence. You haven't a clue, mate. So don't come after me until you can weave a quilt.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg126537.html#msg126537

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:07:12 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline billybob
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 02:17:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

digin4it,
I have certainly researched  the reported meeting but the "facts" are a little vauge, I was hoping you may have had something new.
I have read Dr Hoyts account, it was written decades after the supposed event and while he was considered an honest man "embelishment" can still not be out of the question. Miguel Otero's book is very good and full of great stories but once again I take it with a grain of salt. The account of W. Scott Moore in the Las Vegas Optic may infact be accurate or maybe just a story to attract readers, who was it that came up with story of them being childhood frineds? was it W. Scott Moore the newspaper man?.
I guess in the end it will have to come down to weather you "believe it" happened or not  and at this point I do not believe it ever occured because I just have not seen any "facts" and then bringing Doc Holliday into the meeting is a lot to ask but it is interesting reading.

Billybob         

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17081.msg126653.html#msg126653

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: