[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 10:41:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Connecticut Sam
I been in the business since 1964.

What business?

Quote:Posted by Connecticut Sam
Do you have any good points where treasures are ?

This one needs lots of research but if I was in the area I would be all over it.

HARTFORD COUNTY – On April 18, 1957, Mrs. Wanda Slater was working in the kitchen of her suburban Suffield bungalow when she heard a man call “Hey, Wanda” from behind a nearby bush.
Alone and fearing for her life Mrs. Slater ran through the front door, fled to the Suffield Police Department, and reported she believed the voice she heard was her brother, Francis Kolakowski, a 42-year-old machinist from Hartford.
Just three weeks before, on Friday, March 29th, Kolakowski had shot and killed his wife, Helen, in their Hartford home as their 13-year-old daughter watched.
Kolakowski, who had previously been diagnosed with a “psychopathic personality,” fled into the night, eluding police.
Considered armed and dangerous, the State Police and FBI were called in, igniting one of the most intensive fugitive manhunts ever in north-central Connecticut.
Unable to locate the killer, officers considered the possibility that Kolakowski may have killed himself. But that theory was cast out on April 11th after witnesses identified Kolakowski from a police photo line up as the lone gunman who pulled off a daring daylight robbery of a Mercer & Dunbar armored car.
The car was delivering the payroll for the Hartford Machine Screw Company in Windsor, where Kolakowski had once been employed. Kolakowski escaped with the payroll of $66,573.
Tipped off that Kolakowski may be at his sister’s home, Suffield police alerted the Sheriff’s department, the State Police and the FBI.
Meanwhile, Suffield officers were surrounding Mrs. Slater’s home. Kolakowski refused to surrender. FBI Special Agent Richard P. Horan, State Police Captain Phillip Schwartz, and Suffield police Chief Frank Sutula approached the rear of the residence and forced entry into the basement.
Hoping to seize Kolakowski before he realized officers had gained entry into the home, Horan quietly began ascending the basement stairs.
While doing so, the door at the top of the stairs swung open and a single gunshot struck agent Horan, killing him.
Before anyone could react, Kolakowski slammed the door and barricaded himself inside the kitchen, where he fired on officers and ambulance personal who were attempting to reach agent Horan.
Officers fired tear-gas into the house when another shot was heard from inside.
Kolakowski had committed suicide.
Every attempt was made to recover the payroll money stolen by Kolakowski, but he wasn’t talking and the money was never found.
Twenty-four years later, in October 1981, two bottle hunters digging in a field near Hartford unearthed a decaying burlap sack containing a portion of the currency and some silver coins taken by Kolakowski in the 1957 Mercer & Dunbar armored car heist.
How much exactly was recovered was not disclosed, but the balance of the loot to this day remains outstanding.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg246907.html#msg246907

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Connecticut SamTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

366.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 06:30:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

[waveing]Our friend, the captain was very busy if all the stories about him are true. He told me that he bury treasures on Charles Island of Milford shores, and that it is all mine.  Too bad.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg246928.html#msg246928

Offline Connecticut Lovejoy
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

295.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows Vista/Server 2008
Windows Vista/Server 2008
Chrome 35.0.1916.153
Chrome 35.0.1916.153

Awards

Minelab Xterra
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 03:43:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom

What business?

This one needs lots of research but if I was in the area I would be all over it.

HARTFORD COUNTY – On April 18, 1957, Mrs. Wanda Slater was working in the kitchen of her suburban Suffield bungalow when she heard a man call “Hey, Wanda” from behind a nearby bush.
Alone and fearing for her life Mrs. Slater ran through the front door, fled to the Suffield Police Department, and reported she believed the voice she heard was her brother, Francis Kolakowski, a 42-year-old machinist from Hartford.
Just three weeks before, on Friday, March 29th, Kolakowski had shot and killed his wife, Helen, in their Hartford home as their 13-year-old daughter watched.
Kolakowski, who had previously been diagnosed with a “psychopathic personality,” fled into the night, eluding police.
Considered armed and dangerous, the State Police and FBI were called in, igniting one of the most intensive fugitive manhunts ever in north-central Connecticut.
Unable to locate the killer, officers considered the possibility that Kolakowski may have killed himself. But that theory was cast out on April 11th after witnesses identified Kolakowski from a police photo line up as the lone gunman who pulled off a daring daylight robbery of a Mercer & Dunbar armored car.
The car was delivering the payroll for the Hartford Machine Screw Company in Windsor, where Kolakowski had once been employed. Kolakowski escaped with the payroll of $66,573.
Tipped off that Kolakowski may be at his sister’s home, Suffield police alerted the Sheriff’s department, the State Police and the FBI.
Meanwhile, Suffield officers were surrounding Mrs. Slater’s home. Kolakowski refused to surrender. FBI Special Agent Richard P. Horan, State Police Captain Phillip Schwartz, and Suffield police Chief Frank Sutula approached the rear of the residence and forced entry into the basement.
Hoping to seize Kolakowski before he realized officers had gained entry into the home, Horan quietly began ascending the basement stairs.
While doing so, the door at the top of the stairs swung open and a single gunshot struck agent Horan, killing him.
Before anyone could react, Kolakowski slammed the door and barricaded himself inside the kitchen, where he fired on officers and ambulance personal who were attempting to reach agent Horan.
Officers fired tear-gas into the house when another shot was heard from inside.
Kolakowski had committed suicide.
Every attempt was made to recover the payroll money stolen by Kolakowski, but he wasn’t talking and the money was never found.
Twenty-four years later, in October 1981, two bottle hunters digging in a field near Hartford unearthed a decaying burlap sack containing a portion of the currency and some silver coins taken by Kolakowski in the 1957 Mercer & Dunbar armored car heist.
How much exactly was recovered was not disclosed, but the balance of the loot to this day remains outstanding.

Thank you Seldom Right for this true interesting story.  Around 1966, my friend, Walt show me the location where the house once was. I am upset that we did not search the woods where the money could had been buried. I do not know where the location is.  Check out Connecticut newspapers back then to get leads.  This story is in my inactive file or as I like to call it:  Forget about it file.  Good luck and good hunting.  Keep in touch.

Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg277111.html#msg277111

Offline Honest Samuel
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Chrome 46.0.2490.86
Chrome 46.0.2490.86

Awards

Minelab
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 09:39:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am interesting in true uppublished stories about buried treasures in Connecticut.  Please sent info to:  cttreasure@outlook.com
{alt} 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg304606.html#msg304606
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 09:58:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Honest Samuel
I am interesting in true uppublished stories about buried treasures in Connecticut.  Please sent info to:  cttreasure@outlook.com

Sam what are you doing back here you know that you are Banned

Posted on: November 26, 2015, 09:49:05 pm
{alt} 

Ok Sam, I have unmuted you ok, so lets just Start A Fresh with a clean Slate,,, Alright ??

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg304609.html#msg304609
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif

Offline Honest Samuel
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Chrome 47.0.2526.106
Chrome 47.0.2526.106

Awards

Minelab
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 08:20:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

More snow is coming to Connecticut.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg305654.html#msg305654

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 08:23:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

More snow is coming to Connecticut.

The weather must be cooling off now aye sam??

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg305655.html#msg305655

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 08:25:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Not cooling so much yet. We are expecting 65F on Christmas day for pity sake. Last winter we had 18" of snow on the ground and before the end over 4 feet of the white stuff. Didn't melt until the end of April. We even had a shady spot where it lasted until mid May.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg305656.html#msg305656

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Honest Samuel
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Chrome 47.0.2526.106
Chrome 47.0.2526.106

Awards

Minelab
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 08:46:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wait unit January and February. At the present time, i am doing research by reading history books, and reading old stories in newspapers.  I have some good leads for Connecticut where I live.  I do not read treasures magazines and treasure books, because most stories are not true,  and there are many people looking for these treasures. Each to their own.  Good hunting and good luck.

Waveing

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg305659.html#msg305659

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 08:50:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wait unit January and February. At the present time, i am doing research by reading history books, and reading old stories in newspapers.  I have some good leads for Connecticut where I live.  I do not read treasures magazines and treasure books, because most stories are not true,  and there are many people looking for these treasures. Each to their own.  Good hunting and good luck.

Waveing

Finders Crossed Sam, I hope you Strike it Rich Soon Great

Treassure would make a Lovely Christmas Pressent Clapp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45515.msg305661.html#msg305661

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: