[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 07, 2010, 03:41:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Here is a story that may be of some encouragement to would be prospectors and treasure hunters all chasing the dream.

There are more famous diamond fields in Africa and Brazil which are legendary for the quality and amount of diamonds they produce that has spawned massive multinational mining empires. Australia has its share too with the Argyle Diamond field in western Australia.

However that is not the only region in Australia that produces diamonds. There is a not so famous little diamond field in Eastern Australia that the big boys of the multinational mining game have no interest in.

The small diamond field first discovered by two gold seekers around the 1860's. There was many attempts by various syndicates to commercially mine for diamonds, most all ended in disappointment.

However one mine showed it was possible to mine diamonds there. the Monte Christo mine. The mine was operational until around 1900 until production with high labor costs and poor retrieval rates to the basic mining technique available at the time made the project unprofitable.

A report by the department of mines believed that the Monte Christo mine must of been near the diamond pipe the source of the alluvial diamonds . However If was not proven beyond doubt the exact location of the diamond pipe. And so the mystery remains.

The Diamond field lay dormant and forgotten for many years. Until an intrepid group of dreamers and adventurers formed a company to have one last go to try their fortunes with modern technology equipment. The Company consists of 5 employees including the company director. The took up the old Monte Christo  mining leases plus several others and sunk new shafts and reworked through the old mining workings. Bit bit by bit there are hoping to find the exact source of the diamond pipe.

It is so refreshing in an age of corporate multinational giants squeezing the little guy out of anything of value, that there is still a small groups of enthusiastic adventurers daring to dream, in footsteps of our pioneering ancestors seeking fortune and glory.

I only hope that our corporate masters who owns the world will not stifle that dream of the little guy. And I wish them every chance of success on their highly interesting venture as they recover more diamonds. And I hope they pull one over on the big boys.  Grin

Hardluck  Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg66608.html#msg66608

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Monte Cristo Diamonds at Bingarra .jpg
Monte Cristo mine tunnel.jpg
Monte christo open cut dec 2009.jpg

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:42:44 pm by hardluck »
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:24:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

One more reason for me to make an extended visit to Australia.

Thanks,

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg66642.html#msg66642

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 06:47:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nice story Hardluck, they also found diamonds at Echuca in South Autralia too but that wasnt followed up because Gold was the metal they were after there.  As with all gold rushes in those days, when the gold petered out the miners moved onto fresher pickings hoping they would get lucky. Echuca was the center of a large dredging operation, maybe thats why with all that water the diamonds were never prospected or exploited properly? 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg68317.html#msg68317

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 06:04:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Allen

Thank you for the info on Echuca. That is a name and place I have not heard about or been for many many years. I did not know they tried to mine for diamonds there. I always suspected much further south ..that around Mount Gambier South Australia may have a diamond pipe somewhere.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg68784.html#msg68784

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 11:41:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Hello Allen

Thank you for the info on Echuca. That is a name and place I have not heard about or been for many many years. I did not know they tried to mine for diamonds there. I always suspected much further south ..that around Mount Gambier South Australia may have a diamond pipe somewhere.

Hardluck

Maybe your right on Mt. Gambier there is an extinct volano there but its full of water and might take years to pump out hehe you might like to google earth it and have a look.  There are still many places in Australia where the white man has not even seen the country is that vast.  although with 4 x 4s these days people will go anywhere if they dont break down hehehe

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg68829.html#msg68829

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 05:44:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Allan

You're absolutely right there.There is many areas unexplored that may yield diamonds. There is rumors of a lost  diamond pipe some where in North Queensland. A German gold prospector found it before World War 1. But before he could develop it he was interned. His Grand son after World war 2 emigrated to Australia and looked for it in the early 1970's. No real follow up work has been done to see if there was any truth to the story.

Diamond pipes form in areas of the earths crust where there is hot spots. There are scattered hot spots across Australia creating diamond pipes, some diamond bearing some barren.

The Bingarra diamond project may turn out to be a nice little investment if the Quality and rate of recovery increases, especially if one has a speculative 10% share in this small little operation.

Perhaps from little things big things grow! and that is what makes treasure hunting in all its forms so much interesting.

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg68994.html#msg68994

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

lge_subduction_dia_model.jpg
mchristodiamondsdec2009.jpg

Offline SharenH
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

1120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 505
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 06:26:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

I just love the knowledge you all have... Being a lover of diamonds, I had no idea of the many places they were found.

I hope to find one attached to a ring on my next hunt!!!

Thank you all for the info.

SharenH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg69000.html#msg69000

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 11:07:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Diamonds sure make the ol' goody bag look much better...Yippee!!!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg70175.html#msg70175

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 04:40:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Treasuremonmo

Here is a picture of more Diamond recoveries. The area around the diamond field

A nice batch to add to the bag  Grin

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg70205.html#msg70205

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

12489.jpg
bingaradiamonds21sept2009.jpg

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 02:03:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi all ,
nice postings i was looking for daimonds in another area in this forum. You will probly find Daimonds in all states of Australia if you look hard enuf. I know of a couple of stories , one of a cop in north QLD who would go out prospecting in his spare time. Made a good find of one blue daimond and then retired"
 Another friend told me that Saphire prospectors have been unaware of the daimonds that have been dumped in the tailings due to the recovery process.
 Hardluck Have you got any more info on this lost daimond pipe? Makes you wonder when the son comes out for a hunt. that could be one worth doing a follow up on. >  then we can start up the THuntDaimond co     
  Cool Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10541.msg92343.html#msg92343

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: