[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline treasuremomoTopic starter
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:50:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Have you ever buried a cache for any purpose? Maybe for testing equiptment or some other reason? I have. I buried a cache of a few gold rings,silver plated spoons,a few silver coins. I buried the cache in a field to test dowsing equiptment-and I must have hidden it pretty well, because I haven't been able to find the cache since I buried it over 8 years ago. So much for that dowsing business. I'd like to know if some of the readers have buried caches.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8755.msg54852.html#msg54852

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:15:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

When I was around 6 years old, I buried a Band-Aid box full of dimes. Almost all were Mercury dimes. Forgot all about them when we moved. Only remembered them about 15 years ago. House was gone when I went back.

I was drafted during the Vietnam War and while I was away, my kid brother found and spent all of my second cache, a couple of milkshake cups full of silver coins collected from change after the mint went to clad. Must have had $300.00 face value in them. No, he is still alive. For now.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8755.msg54868.html#msg54868

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline metal_inspector
Silver Member

Coin_Inspector
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

4353.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTP 1350
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:29:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm a bit paranoid, so I had come to the conclusion that burying my money was the best way.  Not in paper form, but in coins.  I have several silver dollars in them, along with quarters and dimes. 

If I put them in the bank, it could get robbed or destroyed by a powerful storm.  A lot less likely to get damaged in the ground.  As we detectorist have discovered time from time. Grin

Two, good, strong cans.  I still know where they are, buried them....uh....about six years ago, when I was ten.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8755.msg54872.html#msg54872

-"It is always the mistake of man to confuse insanity with genius"

Asteroids   Ballo   Asteroids v2  
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: