[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tm6679Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:47:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

I am new to this site but I have a question that some of you may be able to help me with. I have located a weapons cache of ww2 guns and ammo. I have done my research and used a metal detector to verify the locations. However, the problem is that the caches are in a cemetary. Not directly over graves but they are buried around the perimeter and to complicate things the said cemetary is right in the middle of a subdivision. I have already been asked what I was doing while using my metal detector by nosey neigbors. The cemetary is from the mid to late 1800's. I am totally stumped .....I don't have a clue how to uncover the treasure without getting in trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9137.msg57198.html#msg57198

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 11:17:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

find out who the developers were and who bought and developed the land get permission from them then you wont have to worry about nosey neighbours you can show them your written permission if you get it in writing.
oh make sure you dont go onto any of the neighbours property either try to get plans of the estate and who owns what from the dept of lands

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9137.msg57210.html#msg57210

Offline tm6679Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 03:11:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Alan! You were right it worked and I just got back from spending 2 hrs there. However, no luck. I had several hits but they didn't turn up what I was looking for. Any ideas on how to find exactly in the cemetary they are all located? Is there any other equipment that is more high tech? I want to be careful because I don't want to dig up any graves. Thanks for any insight that you could give.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9137.msg57242.html#msg57242

Offline purlpolisher
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 03:31:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

try county or town clerck in that area to find out if cematary is owned privately or town or city ... then find its property lines ... if all else fails get with your local museam and strike up a deal with their acquisitions and anthrapoligy dept... maby you and they can co-own the said cache ... if anything this prestige could turn into a tax wright off....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9137.msg57247.html#msg57247

Offline Rayredditch
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

585.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XP GMP, XP Adventis II, Whites Surf Master PI Pro Deep Diver,Fisher 1265 X, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 03:45:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I found a modern day mafia one and turned it into the police. Turned out it came from two break ins, but I never got a reward, but no trouble either, even though it was in an "Off limits area", and here in Germany I needed a permit too, which I didn?t have.
They were just glad to have them off the streets, and solve two major crimes at least.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9137.msg57251.html#msg57251

Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power,
Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD,
Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X,
Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023,
Viking 6DX2

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 01:01:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

That's a very tricky dicky perdicament you're in. Could get arrested for sure and branded a grave robber or desecrater--and that's not something anyone would like. If I done anything at all I'd do it clandestinely and at night so you wouldn't arouse suspician. But you'll have trouble digging around without someone hearing or dogs barking at you. etc. That's a tight spot you're in and  there's no doubt about it. Tread wisely. Think before doing. And whatever you do, stay as far away from those graves as you can...folks don't usually like folks digging and poking around their dead kin folks...you could get beat up or worse!!! Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9137.msg70197.html#msg70197

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 06:27:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

In England you have what are known as night hawks, these guys go out under the cover of darkness and raid and pillage ancient historical sites. Many of these sites are on private land too. Archaeologists have been aware of this practice going on for years because of damage to their digs once they return to continue work.  Theres a lot of money to be made in ancient finds and this practice does give serious detectorists a bad name and reputation. Farmers even resort to using night time light intensifiers these days in order to catch these guys. However, they too have caught up with technology too and sometimes have a look out using the same gear in a desperate attempt to avoid detection themselves.
This has been going on for years and occasionally some of these parasites and plunderers of our history do get caught but given the rewards that are on offer I dont think they will ever stop a determined crook from giving the hobby a bad name in the eyes of the authorities.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9137.msg70241.html#msg70241

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 04:15:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Alan, when the temperatures here are in the low 100s during the day, many of us Australian treasure hunters resort to using the new LED flashlights that mount on a ball cap bill to hunt at night when it's cooler. Because the places I go are completely deserted except for the odd snake or two, it becomes a very relaxing time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9137.msg70515.html#msg70515

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: