[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tq68
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 02:27:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

I  found 3 whisky bottles from the 20s in a wall and button up shoes under the floorboards in another house. I read somewhere  that putting shoes under the floorboards for good luck was popular in the late 1800s early 1900s.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg112308.html#msg112308

Offline WeirdoBeardo
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garrett ace 250
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 03:11:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

all great tips, thanks so much for posting them. Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg112314.html#msg112314

Offline tq68
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 11:21:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Speaking of customs and superstition, I found this on the internet.

English Folklore
For good luck at sea, sailing boats often had a gold sovereign set in the socket under the mast; the custom was common till about 1914, and is still sometimes followed. It has precedents from ancient Rome (Smith, FLS News 26 (1997), p. 12). Lovett found that fishermen from several towns used to ram a coin into the cork float of a drift-net, to break a run of bad luck in fishing, and held that ?in the old days? it would have been a gold one (Lovett, 1925: 54-5).

I have put a coin in construction before, not that I'm superstitious, I just wanted to perpetuate the hunt for treasure.

A neighbor told me a funny story. He and his wife were redecorating their dining room and decided to tear out the fake beams on the ceiling. They were about half done when they pulled one down and a note fell out. It read: "We spent a lot of money and effort putting these up! Why are you taking them down?" unsigned.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg112551.html#msg112551

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 11:30:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

"A neighbor told me a funny story. He and his wife were redecorating their dining room and decided to tear out the fake beams on the ceiling. They were about half done when they pulled one down and a note fell out. It read: "We spent a lot of money and effort putting these up! Why are you taking them down?" unsigned."   

You won't be seeing that on "If Walls Could Talk", but it definitely brought a smile to the day.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg112553.html#msg112553

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 06:41:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

love that ironic sense of humor

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg119497.html#msg119497

Offline LeRoy Silver
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 07:44:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ladies of the old days would hide their caches in the garden. Thats where they spent alot of their time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg128713.html#msg128713

Offline Goldrunner
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's XLT
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 08:39:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I was just talking to my dad today about my great grandmother burying jars of coins out the window of the bedroom.  The coins have never been found.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg128722.html#msg128722

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 10:12:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Goldrunner, perhaps you want to try a deep seeker   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg128732.html#msg128732

Offline LeRoy Silver
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 10:31:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

So many treasure sights in the Phillippines. They all seem close in nature

Posted on: November 29, 2010, 10:18:50 AM
I have heard that a good place for a cache was under the master bedroom window. You would be awaken by any noise of digging or talk. Good one Goldrunner. In or around Marysville Ohio someone did uncover jars of gold and silver coins in the 1970s. They bought the property and was planting flowers around the out buildings. The husband found these by turning the soil around these buildings. In Marion ohio a construction Co was clearing the land for a apartment complex and unearthed bottles of silver coins not sure how many but I talked to a man here in Marion who was a metal detector dealer and he told me that he went there and found one milk bottle himself.

Posted on: November 29, 2010, 10:27:14 AM
I have a few more stories of found caches that I was told by the Metal detector dealer. Paul was his name. He died a couple years back. I listened to him very closely and even seen coins from his hunts.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg128796.html#msg128796

Offline slapz
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 11:08:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello good day to everyone..

..i'm from Philippines and currently we had dug in a possible japanese treasure site somewhere in Mindanao..first of all this area was a japanese controlled area during WWII and has been testified by the local elders in the area..the site location is in the hill and a nearby river..on the surface there is  a big man made concrete cement structure with mix of gravel ,corals and sea shells pasted on it, and it looks like a " SALAKOT " or a native hat mostly used by farmers..at the back of that structure approximately 5 meters far there is also a big rectanglular concrete cement structure as well and there is one hole an it's kinda borehole to me and also a man made located in the middle of that structure..we break that conccrete and start digging beneath ..on the upper soil layer about 2 feet deep we found a man made marker just beneath a head size stone and looks like in a locking sequence to me is a heart shape clay that i believe being cooked and hardened and then pasted in a white cement which is also a heart shape where there are some 2 holes at kind of a flower on the otherside of the cement..we used our metal detectors and it is pointing to Gold so we continue digging and about 2 meters we found shells fresh/sea i'm not sure mix in a soft clay.. about 4 meters deep the clay is getting hard and we noticed a dark brown spot in the clay which is intriguing to me because it's very un usual i guess..so we continue to dig deeper, until now we are in 8 meters deep and clay is gray and very hard but we still found some shells mix with it..some are whole and intact and some are pulvorized..and together we found some small pieces of wood and as well as a rotten leaves in which i wonder why it does not decomposed if the soil is hundreds or million years ago and untouched..??...my question to my fellow TH...do i need to go deeper on my dig? is our site Positive or are we on the right spot?..please help me...feel free to give me your thoughts my friends ..thank you and God bless!! Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg128802.html#msg128802

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: