[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline cuirava
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

620.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 12:45:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

well someone's help  or some how the wood and shells got into the soil...did you try a two box metal detector? it could be a old mortal plug from long ago and something happen later and the floor level change. any paranormal activity in the area?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg128817.html#msg128817

Offline LeRoy Silver
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 06:17:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Is this the same person doing these Japenese caches in the Phillipines?

Posted on: November 29, 2010, 06:02:22 PM
This cache hunter named Paul found a number of caches in the 70s and 80s. One is still in the state by state treasure book. In Delaware Ohio a old spinster was known to hoard her money and was thought to have buried it in her rose garden. She lived either by or on the land called White Sands, Well Paul told me that he had heard of this cache and went to locate it. Well the lady was dead and the house abandoned. He and his partner drove out back and seen the neighbors and asked them if they knew anything about this cache. They said its right there in the rose garden. To Pauls surprise he thought why hasnt anyone tried to find it. Paul got out his detector and in minutes had found the cache but waited until the neighbors left and him and his partner took the silver halves and dollars and headed back home. Paul told me that his partner offered him $9000. for Pauls half of the money. Paul refused and kept it. Well I asked him why he didnt sell his half for that money and he said that it was worth much more. I never seen the whole cache for Paul was no braggard and I think he only told me these true stories because I showed interest in the metal detecting That he was getting old and wanted to share his stories.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg128867.html#msg128867

Offline slapz
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 07:37:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for your thoughts...

we haven't try a two box metal detector we don't have that kind of detector unfortunately...it could be a mortal plug and ground level was change,.. but to be specific on what we have found on the soil and clay ,,,i am wondering if that would be the scenario hundreds of years ago why is it that theres exclusively shells , rotten leaves ,pieces of small woods and pieces of small corals are on the clay why are theres no rocks mix or gravel or small stones which is supposed to be normal in an ground layer..and why are those leaves still intact..as we all know that those woods and leaves and other organic materials should be decomposed if that would be a hundreds or million years ago and never been touched by humans..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg128890.html#msg128890

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 12:41:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi all Some good tips and story's   Cool Im not sure about the organic mater from 1 million years ago.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg129385.html#msg129385

Offline LeRoy Silver
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 09:33:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Mine is a true story. I knew this man when he was alive, He was my wifes great uncle. He was the only metal detector dealer in Marion Ohio. He wouldnt open up to anyone, You had to win his trust. His hunting partner is still alive and I will be talking to him soon I hope

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg129430.html#msg129430

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 10:20:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

John's cache collecting tip of the day. In Ohio a stash of confederate dollars was found during a remodel of a house. The stash was on a string, hanging from the vanity mirror in the bathroom.

Posted on: December 02, 2010, 10:16:05 AM
Masons in Ohio were known to put a penny with the first brick layed. Just another place to look.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg129441.html#msg129441

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline LeRoy Silver
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 10:29:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thats too cool. There is a young couple in my home town that bought an old house probably 15 years ago and tore the bathroom out. Behind the wall that held the old medicine cabinet was a slit in the wall to drop old used razor blades. They found cache of silver coins there and in the out building on one of the rafters was a old tin can filled with paper money. The total was around $3000.00  I have a few more true stories also. Goes to show that if this much was found in my little city then its all over the place. Steve 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg129444.html#msg129444

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 11:00:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Have you hit water yet? Maybe try the side of the hole, enlarge it and see where the leaf trail takes you. Theres an interesting article on dowsing posted here also, you two could exchange ideas. Sounds like you have taken detecting to the next level, should see if there is a local mining operation who could use their pl to map the ground for you. Really though if thier is concrete, what your looking for would be under there, what kind of concrete did they use back then? A simple water test will tell you if you need to dig deeper, take a buck of water and pour it in the hole, watch where the water goes, path of least resistance, makes it easier to dig too. You could build a hot fire in the hole and see if it goes boom, or just pops? I know when graves are dug a long thin rod is used to locate caskets, have you tried that? Im curious, what is the reaction there when you tell people about this? Was this area ever flooded or under water? I dont have enough info to help you, please be more specific. Do you have lat and long coordinates? Ok just funnin, its amazing how many times I have found the same post. What is it you want, I did post some good ideas. I would be concerned with booby traps or unexploded ordinance. Its more likely you will find a weapon and ammo cache. Or someone is pulling your leg. I wouild search around the structure, under large imovable rocks or concrete. Also there is a way you can take Infared Pictures and any gold would give off an aroura if its burried there. Keep reading as you will find many ways to locate what you think is there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg129454.html#msg129454

Offline slapz
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 11:47:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

casca..try to look on my other post..( MORE ROCK MARKERS ) courtesy of mr. seldom ..thanks man..

there you can see some of what i believe is a rock man made markers..take a look and share me your thoughts..thanks..

slapz Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg129461.html#msg129461

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 05:19:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry dude was just funnin. I did throw a little truth in my last post. Thanks seldon. I keep seeing the same post, didnt know if it was an autobot or what. Doesnt say much for my maturity.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12868.msg129512.html#msg129512

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: