[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline albedranTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: September 05, 2009, 01:12:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello every one, I got involved  by chance in the search of an old treasure, my partner is searching for it for 40 years now, there is a history changing story behind it, many people lost there lifes searching for it in a misterios way, to make the store short, we think that we have zeroed on it in a scale of 2 sq miles, here is the problem, the area is unbelievably rockey with mountaines riding on each other , a lot of rock slides, i mean a NIGHTMARE, Crazy so many factors are against us, i don't want to mention it for a reason.
my question for you the experts is ; with area this big, searching for a cave posibly hidden under rockes vary in sizes from a nut size to a car size, in a mountains area,  what is the best way to TRY to find it?
i am attaching this picture for superstition mountains as an example for the geography of the areait is similer.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg48113.html#msg48113

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

SUPERSTITIONS_AZ15.jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 03:10:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

In order to help you, a few details are necessary. I understand you not wanting to reveal specifics and that's normal. See if you can answer these three questions.

1. How big in terms of mass do you suspect the item you are looking for is?

2. What is it composed of generally?

3. How deep do you suspect it is buried?

With the answer to those questions, advice should start coming your way.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg48126.html#msg48126

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 09:57:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Gold digger, thanks for your reply,
it is mostly gold nuggets , huge amount(tons), in a big cave, don't know how deep, but know for sure the entrance was buried by human hundreds of years ago.
no flat surface, all rocky.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg48230.html#msg48230

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 12:33:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

That information is a good start. Some long range type of detector is going to be required. Long range detectors for ferrous targets are available in a lot of places but not so with non-ferrous detectors. If you think they might be in iron chests, a magnetometer would be the most useful. If they're just nuggets (as if they could EVER be JUST nuggets), it may take careful scanning with a deep seeking pulse induction detector.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg48243.html#msg48243

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 01:53:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by albedran
Hi Gold digger, thanks for your reply,
it is mostly gold nuggets , huge amount(tons), in a big cave, don't know how deep, but know for sure the entrance was buried by human hundreds of years ago.
no flat surface, all rocky.

Hello Albedan . If you are positive that Gold is there and your somewhere in The United States , the first thing you must do if you have not already is "File a Claim" !!!!!!  For your own protection of your money invested and hard work , please do that first !!! And GD just gave you some of the other advice you need .
Best of Luck.......Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg48373.html#msg48373

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 09:28:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

this is one of the complications, some of it are old artifacts, and the land is not zoned as public land, that is why i need to 100% find it first and then go to the negotiation chapter.
is it posible for the caves and metal detectors to detect thru like 10 feets of rocks eather loos or solid?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg48448.html#msg48448

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 10:50:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello every one, I got involved  by chance in the search of an old treasure, my partner is searching for it for 40 years now, there is a history changing story behind it, many people lost there lifes searching for it in a misterios way, to make the store short, we think that we have zeroed on it in a scale of 2 sq miles, here is the problem, the area is unbelievably rockey with mountaines riding on each other , a lot of rock slides, i mean a NIGHTMARE, Crazy so many factors are against us, i don't want to mention it for a reason.
my question for you the experts is ; with area this big, searching for a cave posibly hidden under rockes vary in sizes from a nut size to a car size, in a mountains area,  what is the best way to TRY to find it?
i am attaching this picture for superstition mountains as an example for the geography of the areait is similer.

To make suggestions, I have to ask a few questions... nothing revealing, just that I do not know your  whole story, and I am probably 2k miles away.

1) has there been any multiple trips, to this cave, by anyone, in the past 200 yrs - yes or no?
 2) are there reasonably good camp spots (horseback access) nearby?
 3) do you own a spotting scope?
 4) how familiar are you with Google earth?

Now, depending on your "YES" answers, or positive answers to all, above:

1) Google Earth is amazing at showing old trails...  I have looked at a few, in open (dry) prairie country that are probably 100 yrs old or older. Investigate, visually, all trails and especially those that peter out or disappear, some may be wild critter trails, but some of those might go to where you want to be;

2) The  early access was by horse, am I correct in assuming that? If so, any approaches will show old camp spots, perhaps with a campfire, and maybe not, but a horse has to have water and a bit of graze;

3) Finding camp spots is step one, set up your spotting scope and just LOOK! If you have a camera attachment, to take pics through  the scope, even better. Take lots of photos, and at home, blow them up, clarify and anything else.... IR photos, too, if you can. (Caves are cooler than surrounding terrain.) Look for extra green, clumps of vegetation, that might be from horse manure;

4) goes with 1)

If this was, one-time, an active mine, look for old tools, squirreled away, if its a cache, then forget the tools.

Hope this helps... I know someone else can often point out something that is so obvious, that too much staring at the problem can make one blind to the simple things, "too much staring blinds you, fresh eyes see what you cant."

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg48456.html#msg48456

goldigger

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:21:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Goldigger, thank you very much for your advices, it is way more complicated situation than that, yes i used google earth many times at the first stages of my involvement in the project, we actually used a plane for a whole day with hi def video cam, that was helpful, I know for sure that a wide range caves, and or gold detector would be very helpfull if it work in a thick rocky area and have the ability to reach deep in the ground, but i am not sure if there is such a unit.
If any one know for sure that there is such a unit that can do that please let me know.
thank you all

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg48740.html#msg48740

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 01:08:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Goldigger, thank you very much for your advices, it is way more complicated situation than that, yes i used google earth many times at the first stages of my involvement in the project, we actually used a plane for a whole day with hi def video cam, that was helpful, I know for sure that a wide range caves, and or gold detector would be very helpfull if it work in a thick rocky area and have the ability to reach deep in the ground, but i am not sure if there is such a unit.
If any one know for sure that there is such a unit that can do that please let me know.
thank you all

AH, but, when you used Google Earth, you were not looking for trails, at first, I know that, because I have been looking at a dry, open, almost desert area, in central BC.... at first I did not see the trails, then I wondered what these marks were. Closer viewing, at about 180 feet, showed old trails, some were animal trails and maybe some were old native trails, but they were all OLD!

The area was ranched, at one time but never had buffalo, like where I am right now, so animal trails mean Elk, mostly. I can see strange rock formations and I sure would like to have a stereo viewer... which I could make, with prints. Or electronics.

Can you get access to IR viewing?

I still suggest, being on the ground near where you think your objective is most likely to be, and look with a spotting scope, take pictures too, as someone else may see something you have missed.

Think horseback.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg49682.html#msg49682

goldigger

Offline bhunter
Copper Member

8018593332@vzwpix
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Landstar Bounty Hunter, Fisher Gemini lll 2-box, Colt .44
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 07:58:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

albedran, I've never liked staking a claim unless you're going to be on site 24/7.  You've just told the whole world where your claim is located and there are just too many claim jumpers. 
If you're sure about the amount of gold, then you're in luck.  Gold in the ground gives off a type of electricity that can be photographed with a digital camera.  You must take pictures at night, stand in one spot and take shots in a circle.  Be sure turn off the flash.  A moonless night is best. 
    The Pima indians in Arizona believe an area on their reservation is haunted because when it rains, one area in the mountains had blue lightning coming up out of the ground.  It was the site of a covered cave that had a ton of treasure buried inside. (A word of advice, don't mess with the indians on their turf.) If you could be in your area at night when its damp or raining, and especially up on a higher elevation, you should be able to see this blue lightning.  (figure out a way not to get hit by the lightning from the sky) This was one way the Spanish found their gold veins was by sitting NEAR the top of a mountain after or during a rain, and the rest is history.
    This works because I've done it and you can too.  And about the electric gold.  MIT conducted and experiment making a small "Ark of the Covenant"  Like in Indiana Jones.  It did in fact create electricity.
     Good Hunting!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7712.msg53833.html#msg53833

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: