[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline mki
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign GT
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 04:57:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

joejoe,
Just a piece of advice, be very careful if buying a PI machine from Bulgaria, make sure you test it before paying for it. I am not saying they do not work, I am only saying that you can get one that doesn't Smiley take this advise from a Bulgarian!
Happy hunting and good luck!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg118341.html#msg118341

Offline tesoro dog
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tf-900
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 08:17:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

joejoe!  The Spanish buried treasure at 5' 7", this was ordered by Royal Decree, this was the height of the King, so it was made worldwide law in all their operations,, although a friend I had in Australia, told me everything he has found has been buried a 9',, this depth is taken from the Trinity, 3,6,9,12,15 inches or ft.,,, or 33,66,99, inches or ft.  This unit may have been used by the Ancients,,
  I dig the Southwest, U.S. where there is much black sand, and the tf-900 works just fine,, Much Luck, with whatever machine you choose! td

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg118428.html#msg118428

Offline joejoeTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fishers pulsex
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 10:48:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks tesoro. What would you suggest? I don't know how I would test the mikron or rex units from where I am. If one pays with paypal, does that offer some protection in case of broken-ness? They don't have some sort of retract payment? I think it's been done on me, though I'm not sure. It just seems good for the price, and the vids look pretty good. Of course, can we trust anything? Probably not but I figure we gotta go with god sometimes and hope for the best.
    But the 900 seems quite good from what I've seen, better than the red one. Is it so awkward to walk around with? What has been your experince with it? I wouldn't know if spanish would bury here, I've never heard of a story of any spanish boats coming here, only pirates. I don't know what depth they would bury at. Another of a ship that crashed on the reef in a storm and the crew carried off some money and buried it. Soon after they were killed by the natives with arrows. Of course, these are all stories of a couple hundred years ago, and no story is ever told or buried the same way or place twice. It's just I have time outside the business to investigate the legends sometimes, and would like a good machine to suit my purposes. Maybe pirates bury shallow enough to detect with a  tf-900? I hear on other islands nearby of places they found by accident, could there be more nearby? Which detector is good for that?
   A big 1x1 coil can go quick and deep, with id very great! So far I've not heard anything bad about Rex or Mikron. You are bulgarian? Then do you know of these companies? The other thing is you can put on another smaller coil if nesessary, so you don't need a smaller machine.
   The tf900, if it can discim and see voids and see 5 feet, that aint bad neither. Easier to get into some spots than a 1x1. If I can ever get my 8x working again, I wouldn't really need another handheld.
   It sounds like you really have good experience with your machine. Could you tell me about it? Thanks Pray

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg118436.html#msg118436

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 10:57:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Discovery TF900 does not offer any form of discrimination other than a Ground Reject function (if that function can be loosely termed as a form of discrimination).
Joejoe, I've hunted in red/orange clay areas laden with iron. The TF900 performs very poorly in those conditions, but if you wish to get one, detection.com offers a reasonable price and you can get Kellyco to match that lower price if you wish to go thru the trouble.
I've also used a borrowed Bulgarian-made Deeptech Megapulse 3 in the same areas; the performance is slightly better than the TF900 but you have to fiddle with the timings to suit the soil conditions; there is a steeper learning curve to get the best out of this machine. From what you've written, I can only suggest you get a decent pulse induction machine, and even with one you may find it tough going if the soil conditions are very extreme.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg118437.html#msg118437

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fishers pulsex
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 11:25:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks hobbyist, that is pretty much what the first person advising me suggested. He said I'd need about a month getting the hang of it. I can do that. Anybody else with words of wisdom? These forums are pretty good, I've never really used them, but it is possible to learn quite a lot. Thanks to everyone for the help. Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg118443.html#msg118443

Offline dign4it
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 07:34:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

joejoe,
 the pirates used treasure signs and symbols, in fact, the VERY SAME treasure signs and symbols as the other groups of the secret society. i would first of all look for some of these signs, then i would worry about a metal detector. you can't just start at one end of the island
and work the whole island with a detector. mel fisher got by, using other peoples money to scan the ocean bottom for years, before he got rich. but, as proven with The Beale Treasure site, mel didn't have a clue about treasure signs, or a clue about interpreting heavily coded treasure maps. his only experience, and his only knowledge, was about how to operate a meatal detector. so, if you have twenty years to spare, then go ahead and metal detect the entire island

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg126534.html#msg126534

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 08:39:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dign4it
the pirates used treasure signs and symbols, in fact, the VERY SAME treasure signs and symbols as the other groups of the secret society. i would first of all look for some of these signs

Let me pose a hypothetical question to you. If you had a treasure to hide, would you ever carve signs and symbols that point to your treasure so that dign5it could find it? You'd have to be pretty wet behind the ears to do that. Pirates, the few who did actually hide treasure, didn't leave maps carved in trees or stone. They committed the location to memory or to a personal journal which they guarded with their life. To believe otherwise is just plain silly.

Let me give you another tip. When someone here asks about a metal detector, they probably want an answer about metal detectors and not about signs.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg126549.html#msg126549

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline springcitydoc
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White Spectrum XLT's
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 03:04:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

I always had very good luck using the Tesoro Lobo for nugget hunting. Another reasonably price machine is the Gold bug by fisher.
Although, I still prefer the Tesoros.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg126570.html#msg126570

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fishers pulsex
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 11:53:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

I imagine in cases he may be correct about the signs, but anything I've ever buried I've never marked with a moon or sun. Under a certain rock, near a certain tree, etc. etc. and even still it was a while until I found what I was looking for. I sometimes do see strange cracks and marks in rocks that my imagination says "hmmm.. maybe.." but nothing as of yet. I think most pirates uncouth bastards that probably didn't know how to read, buried their loot, sometimes with blood, and planned to come back. I figure to check spots that are still used in the smuggling operations, no reason the locations should change, only the people.   
 I have heard stories of a buried chain going into the bankment, but some old timers say they heard of such a thing, but the've never seen it. A job for tf-900? Someone once had a whites coin shooter and it was never too affected. We shall see.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg126625.html#msg126625

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 09:16:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

HI JOEJOE,I like you way of puttin your view across and ya ideas, it seem you're not blinded by a one sided view and that you have kept an open mind, reguarding your desires the facts and fiction.  With this attitude I'm sure you will increase you chances of coming up with something even if it is not old it may well be valueable enough to help pay towards you're goal, Just don't lose your open minedness approach ,I've really enjoyed reading this article you've posted and i wish you luck and look forward to the up dates

all the best

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg143243.html#msg143243

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:24:44 pm by Ridge Runner »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: