[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 08:40:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by joejoe
Man, had a whole page written and it all disappered.

On the odd occasion when this happens, just use the Back button on your browser which should reload the page again. If it somehow gets sent twice, no problem. Just tell one of the moderators about it and we'll fix it up for you.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg184354.html#msg184354

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline joejoeTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fishers pulsex
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 10:11:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah, my fingers hit something and erased the whole tab.   No no!  Oh, well.
   I've taken what many have said about the two boxers and will save up for a deep pi, instead. I'm just figuring out which one to choose before I have the money ready (which should give me enough time to make a decision!) I saw a listing for a deepers MF which brought the whole deepers thing back to mind. As I don't live TOO far from mexico, I might tell the wife "hey, you want to go on vacation?" and go there to have the dealers show me how it works. Maybe with all the cartel troubles airline fares are cheap?
   I saw two cannons that the took up from a wreck recently. A long time ago two metal boxes were taken up, one they opened and showed the people and were filled with horseshoes. I heard that they never showed what was in the other box. It is neat to see them. I also heard that once two ships were fighting and one went up into the swamp, caught fire and sank. They SAY someone once found a gold coin in the area, but you know how that is.
   A friend of mine once found a corner peice of metal near my beach. Imagination could permit it as being the top of an iron box- it was stamped with a (how do you call it?) fleur de leis?  You know, that boy scouts symbol? Was that the mark of kings back in the day? That was a couple years ago when I had the pulse 8x- never found anything more other than peices of old iron pot in the area but I don't think it could detect all that far down with the small head I had for it. If anyone knows more about that sort of thing, please let me know. If it was treasure box stuff, perhaps it was busted on purpose, nothing else was ever found by the waters edge since then.
  Remember- if you know anything about deepers let me know- I'll go check other threads now. Thanks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg184409.html#msg184409

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fishers pulsex
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 01:37:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Looking at the ebay again and I'm thinking that since I cannot get these mega machines for peering into the center of the earth, maybe I'll get one of these beach/underwater detectors and search around the tourist centers and in the waters edge and old beach boundries and points that have washed away in years past. Sometimes the strong winds shift the sands and hollow out holes. Now that I have dive gear I could do it. Every time I see those rocks and holes getting exposed it makes me think of it. I tell you, choosing these things is not easy. I'll still go with the pi, so far, but I wish I could go DOWN. I'll go see the other threads if it is possible to change heads for the underwater detectors, maybe I can still use a large head on land, too.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg184632.html#msg184632

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fishers pulsex
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 03:39:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by shortribs
Joe joe Some  pulse detectors has a disc. on it like a red light or green light for good stuff.looks like that would be your best bet. Don't know if a 1meter x 1meter coil would disc out small stuff at all. The whites TDI has disc on it comes with a 12in head but most of the minelab pulse heads would fit so gives u about 10 heads that could be used up to a 15 or 18 in or a 24in. In disc it knocks down the depth but u can disc out up to a screw cap (2 liter alum pop cap). if needed. just a thought.

I keep re-reading the old posts and pick up things that leaked back out my head the first time. Both you and moxie mentioned the tdi and on other forums it is also mentioned. Have you guys used the large coils on this machine? If so, did they function well? Many people seem to use the smaller ones so finding info on depth and experience is difficult. 
  Would a tdi with a large coil be stronger than a mid-priced (800 euro) 1x1 bulgarian pi detector, or one of similar nature?
  Thanks
 PS: sorry I said many here seem to be from the states, I now see it's not true!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg190237.html#msg190237

Offline shortribs
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 07:08:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've owned a TDI pulse and like them as they have disc up to including taking out screw caps. All the minelab older heads will fit so there is about 15 heads available. The TDI wont go as deep as a 1mx1m coil on other detectors because there isnt a 39in head for a TDI if there was it would do anything you ask. The best set is a 1 meter x 1 meter head for a body mount pulse as they wont see small stuff like a smaller coil will,but both have their merits. for deep items a 1m x 1m coil is best. The TDI comes in next with all the coils  it will do anything you want as it has only an 24in head on down to a 7in pulse head,I'm not too sure that an 24in head would go 3-4 foot in some cases.If you could build a 1m x 1m coil for the TDI then you would have a killer and an abundance of heads to do anything. jmho. There is a new pulse from whites that will be out in a few days its a scaled down version of the TDI called the TDI SL I believe for about 1300$ usa. I believe it has the MXT size box on it with a 7 1/2 head.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg190290.html#msg190290

Offline mindshare
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 05:05:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Costs $800 from kellyco - The White's TM 808 was made to find treasures buried deeper than most; the caches, the cannons, the underground tanks and pipes, the hordes of gold and silver that was buried and forgotten about!

This metal detector can be used almost anywhere regardless of outside interference or ground mineralization - and find treasures buried anywhere from 4ft. to 20ft. deep! Whether you're hunting for a cache of coins or you need the precise location of an underground pipe, the TM 808 does it all. It's operable virtually anywhere, regardless of interference or ground minerals.

Sounds like what you need.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg190309.html#msg190309

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fishers pulsex
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 10:58:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks shortribs. Thanks mindshare, some had mentioned that.
  I ask because over on another forum a guy named geo built a 1x1 and it appeared to work well with the tdi, had a video with it. I see that someone that sells these data loggers makes them too for the tdi. That is why I was asking, who else has had experinece with these? I suppose a 'body mount pulse' are these european brands that are specific for the 1x1 and larger? If the tdi has the 1x1, would it then be as powerful or near as powerful, at least to get down those two or three extra feet?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg190354.html#msg190354

Offline shortribs
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 01:36:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

JoeJoe  I would assume that the TDI with a 1x1 coil would be as deep as a body mount pulse detector I didn't know anyone built a 1x1 for the TDI glad to know that.With all the head varities for the TDI I think its the best bet unless u can grab a used pulse with 1x1 with it or a used TDI as some are for sale used.I bought one (pulse) from A&S out of california with a 1x1 for 300$ now they are 600$ or better but It was unstable so I sold it off.Kellyco sells used ones they carry,might get a good deal on one. I think all the pulse detectors would be deep with the 1x1 head. good luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg190401.html#msg190401

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 01:52:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If you need a deep seeker like that then go with the whites 808,
that 900 looks like a copy of the Whites so stick with the best model
I hope this helps for you

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg190406.html#msg190406

Offline shortribs
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 02:00:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've used both the 808 and the TF 900 the discovery 900 has a better grn bal. than whites but both are about equal as I was a multiline dealer for 20 yrs and used both. Discovery use to make whites  for them till whites started making their own with the tm 800 then came the 808.They still will not go as deep as a pulse detector with a 1x1 head on it.Been cache hunting 41 yrs and some things work and some don't.jmho.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18156.msg190410.html#msg190410

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: