[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 1185   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #4960 on: June 06, 2011, 07:58:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In that case, why don't we just kill all the OTHER threads and boards.   Anyone who wants to know anything can just come here and ask.....guaranteed answers that anyone can reference at any time in the future.

BA

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg180341.html#msg180341

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #4961 on: June 06, 2011, 08:06:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
So go and start a forum named The 4th Floor.

GD, you have priased my help before. In trying to help with  what was going to be next new contest the discussion was moved from here 2 or 3 times back to here where it began as the last thread suggested. Now it appears you have asked me to move on,(so go and start a forum named the 4th floor)  I will no longer be posting anything until Christian rules on the removal or not of this thread and what and what cannot be discussed on it. Id like to add that all this beckering should of stayed behind closed walls.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg180349.html#msg180349

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:24:43 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4962 on: June 06, 2011, 08:39:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cache
GD, you have priased my help before. In trying to help with  what was going to be next new contest the discussion was moved from here 2 or 3 times back to here where it began as the last thread suggested. Now it appears you have asked me to move on,(so go and start a forum named the 4th floor)  I will no longer be posting anything until Christian rules on the removal or not of this thread and what and what cannot be discussed on it. Id like to add that all this beckering should of stayed behind closed walls.

Let's start with some nomenclature here.

First, a FORUM is an area where collected topics are place which are similar. This FORUM is the Chit Chat and Everything Else FORUM.

What we are typing in now is a TOPIC, which is so full up that it is impossible to find anything any more. This is why I suggest that you start a new TOPIC when you discuss something of importance that is NEW to the topic. The ART TOPIC is just full. Too much information and no way to sort it out.

What we are doing is a POST inside of the TOPIC and since it is discussing an ongoing issue which is THREADED between several POSTS, it has no choice but to remain inside the TOPIC of the ART.

I do praise you and thank you for your help, mate. Seriously. But this argument between the true believers and those who do know how a FORUM works is getting really old. This is NOT an item for debate. Those here who insist that the ART TOPIC get bigger and bigger are just having fun trying to boost the numbers. When you read through it, you see guys saying "good morning" and "good night." Why? What a huge waste of bandwidth and just another ploy to boost the number of POSTS in this TOPIC.

What I have suggested from the very beginning of this so called argument is that any NEW TOPICS be afforded the MAXIMUM of the members' ATTENTION by being given its own TOPIC. Starting a TOPIC inside of the Chit Chat FORUM is just fine when it belongs here.

Can you see what I am talking about now? Simply ignore the NOISE being generated by anyone else and focus your attention on what I just wrote. Then PM me if you still don't get it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg180354.html#msg180354

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline jere29555
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

520.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites 6000D, Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #4963 on: June 06, 2011, 09:02:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am new  here but here is my two cents;

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user and/or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.

Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; e.g. A single conversation is called a "thread".

A forum is hierarchical or tree-like in structure: a forum can contain a number of subforums, each of which may have several topics. Within a forum's topic, each new discussion started is called a thread, and can be replied to by as many people as wish to.

Depending on the forum set-up, users can be anonymous or have to register with the forum and then subsequently log in in order to post messages. Usually users do not have to log in to read existing messages.

Posted on: June 06, 2011, 08:55:47 PM
Quote:Posted by jere29555
I am new  here but here is my two cents;

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user and/or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.

Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; e.g. A single conversation is called a "thread".

A forum is hierarchical or tree-like in structure: a forum can contain a number of subforums, each of which may have several topics. Within a forum's topic, each new discussion started is called a thread, and can be replied to by as many people as wish to.

Depending on the forum set-up, users can be anonymous or have to register with the forum and then subsequently log in in order to post messages. Usually users do not have to log in to read existing messages.

Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg180360.html#msg180360

"Life is tough; it's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne.

Please Register or Login

www.crossover2life.org

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4964 on: June 06, 2011, 09:40:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by jere29555
I am new  here but here is my two cents;

All of that is absolutely true and nobody is even disputing that. What is being discussed is how much attention this very message will get among the 4000+ that are in this single topic. You should, in reality, have started a brand new topic with this information in it. That way it would get maximum attention.

At this point, between Seldom and myself, we have received more than 25 individual complaints about the signal to noise ration of THunting Forum. Never, in all the time I have been here, have I received even a single such message by e-mail or by PM. This began around 3 months ago and continues until now. Announcements of people deciding to leave the forum result in my advising them to put an IGNORE on the forums they don't want to read. Chit Chat is their number one choice. Too bad, because some really nice conversations happen here.

Earlier you commented that you use the ART topic to ask questions. The first thing that comes to mind is why not ask those questions in the appropriate forums? Ask about prospecting in the Prospecting Forum. Ask about Garrett machines in the Garrett forum. In this manner, you get answers both from experts who are interested in the same subject and from experts who are nominated as Moderators of those forums. I see no benefit to asking in the ART thread because I see no experts there other than people who want to do nothing but crack wise and amuse each other with banter. It would seem like the worst place ever to ask for advice.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg180371.html#msg180371

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:44:22 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #4965 on: June 07, 2011, 08:45:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

of Metal Detecting & treasure hunting and to revive my interest of Spanish Shipwreck History, to get away from some of the people that wanted to create a hard time for the helpful and knowledgeable Divers watch hobbyist like myself since 1980. (Just as well, it was about time to get back into my other more important desires again anyways)

This is where I found myself, on T'hunting.com here with all the good members and information that this whole forum provides. It was a welcomed breath of fresh air I might add, and while I posted and read various forums I also peeked into the ART chat thread and it was a good place to openly talk about the finds that make there way and crash into the earths crust as Aluminum deposits.
It also was a nice thread to interact with who ever was on line and shoot the breeze of the metal detecting day, and for support that was uplifting without being overly moderated, as I was accustomed to on certain Dive watch forums, so naturally I enjoyed visiting here in addition to checking out my main forum interest on the specific boards.

I'd hate to see some of the same things happening here as I noted on the watch forum boards which were various areas of disagreement some with merit but usually more often times without merit at all.
So all I'm saying is that I've seen some great friendly spirits between everyone I've bumped into here at T'hunting and I'm thankful for that, I hope that we all remember why we all came here and enjoy this hobby so much which hopefully brings a smile back to us, especially after living in a world that is so trying and hard to navigate through this journey called life.

It's a great informative and friendly forum, with much more to offer its members than many other metal detecting forums!

Cheers guys,  Great
Semper Fi,
Jim

Quote:Posted by cache
GD, you have priased my help before. In trying to help with  what was going to be next new contest the discussion was moved from here 2 or 3 times back to here where it began as the last thread suggested. Now it appears you have asked me to move on,(so go and start a forum named the 4th floor)  I will no longer be posting anything until Christian rules on the removal or not of this thread and what and what cannot be discussed on it. Id like to add that all this beckering should of stayed behind closed walls.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg180565.html#msg180565

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:54:20 pm by Poseidon-Jim »

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #4966 on: June 07, 2011, 09:09:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the assessment, Jim.
We try not to overly moderate the other forums either, but there do have to be some standards and one of those standards is to try to keep information as readily and easily accessible for the person who doesn't know the "secret" places as possible....that's why we spend as much time as we do moving topics from one board to another, splitting posts into separate topics, telling people where to find boards and how to use the search function, and providing linkbacks where necessary.   And as GD points out, when topics are in their own threads on their proper boards, they are more likely to get responded to by members with valuable knowledge but who don't have the time to wade through this topic looking for nuggets.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg180567.html#msg180567

Offline OkletseeTopic starter
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« Reply #4967 on: June 09, 2011, 06:18:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So what's the verdict?  I started this thread to keep the banter and silliness out of the other areas.  Mainly because there was no chat room for us so we essentially used this as a chat room to keep our ties with Thunting.  Its an unruly thread that can't be governed by conventional rules most of the time.  Its more of a thread for certain personalities than it is for topics.  But it looks like some of us have already jumped ship for one reason or another, so this thread's days are numbered anyway.  It'll probably shrivel away on its own now.  I for one am too busy these days to be here every day. 

Posted on: June 09, 2011, 05:37:20 PM
I forgot to give my other two cents.  This thread is appropriate right where it is in chit chat and everything else.  We ARE chit chat and everything else.  No one should come here for expert advice, especially after reading the purpose of this thread in the very first post.  They're just having fun and not hurting anyone.  Leave them alone.   Having said that, this is not my site and I don't make the rules.  We have to do what the owners want.  It's their gig not ours.

Posted on: June 09, 2011, 05:56:44 PM
Its taking forever to get around on the site from where I am.  If anyone wants to pm me with their thoughts feel free.  I'll get back later.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg180960.html#msg180960

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #4968 on: June 11, 2011, 12:59:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thread is still open, as I posted a few replies and there up & running but don't see anyone around.

I've got some great ideas & threads lined up, and I'm getting some stuff together to also possibly add to Cache's and the others stuff, for a drawing or sale auction to help raise funds for the forum.

Anyway there's alot of Aluminum to detect today so I'm off to do some Thunting, and I hope my old Whites 6000 Di-Pro Analog might register some Aluminum crash-site objects...

Have a great weekend detecting guys, and may you enjoy yourselves and have fun 1st & foremost! Great
Jim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg181261.html#msg181261

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:08:06 pm by Poseidon-Jim »

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4969 on: June 16, 2011, 04:04:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Weerrree Baackk and the Master has Spoken, oh mighty wise one

Posted on: June 16, 2011, 03:37:16 AM
As we all know Pat has been up around Texas So heres some pictures of him in his new hat, ( shame about the leg Pat )

and just some of the Aliens he has Apprehended

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg182210.html#msg182210

There are 6 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

0O3CARNRMURCA38067OCAA1J55ECA23BALWCAFEBNDBCA4432YICA6INBQ0CAARUUKUCAWEJCQ2CAYLIJEOCA71PWZGCATCBK39CAI34CIYCAPM7SZECA4WSPJYCA86SAGACATNDIQKCA18R7EDCAWHW8YR.jpg
H55CA83AR5RCAS3FOH1CAK3SZKTCA9BL6FJCAK51WO7CA9IZ8YQCAODQH04CATZ6YRYCAACJQP7CA1CHHQ2CA5C3DU0CAPGENDDCAURLSCOCAULXD7GCA54ONN6CAS4RVDNCAB80LZJCAF4UMG2CAYRHU8X.jpg
IGTCAU1L4H1CA0GYMOVCAYGDA3ECAQLCG4GCA8BFQ6DCAZD5NNWCA7TB38ZCALAEESTCAOEO31GCAIYVHDGCAM4YA9JCA8L7V1BCABF42T6CA3R916WCADWG2XLCAOG1Z3CCAD55NCPCAGBANVDCAI3LT5E.jpg
JNLCACBD3IOCALZ0Y2JCAAXHWP9CAXMYLM6CA7VQPO0CACOB17MCARGUPUSCAB5S0AOCAC4075CCAFTIF9JCAR0MDEDCAEXMD72CAUKVVT9CAIEN36LCA0E8H1HCAV9P00ACABUFNWECA45VK67CA27DJ3Q.jpg
NI7CA2W8NVPCANZ76HMCAO6AEF1CA2H3V15CA12N5NUCAFG8AP7CAI1C8QKCAPV2PASCA087ZGUCAYKN150CA4P0I3YCAV237IGCAD5VZQKCAYNKW1ICABCZ9IXCA2B8ZK0CAQHP0WMCA0CLJIFCADUEPR7.jpg
VE6CAKFEZ1NCA6DNFFNCAZ1R1DJCAFOB7J0CA1ZF14MCANJZJ29CA8XA9H7CAKOCW18CANE1ZBYCAFABP0ICAXMT5T6CAYCEQDKCAJU3W3BCA0K3WANCA1LH8O8CA9FKGFDCATO6RE8CAYETQGJCAERDGQ8.jpg

Print
Pages:  1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 1185   Go Up
Jump to: