[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 06:03:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks all for your kind words and feedback. I'll do my best along with our friendly crew to keep this place friendly and unbiased Smiley Also whenever there is a problem or you have a suggestion on how things can be improved, please feel free to drop me a line any time!

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35725.msg217847.html#msg217847

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline oroblancoTopic starter
Copper Member

Nemo me impune lacesset
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Lobo, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Whites
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 12:06:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hola amigos and wow!  I should add a big Dakota HOWDY to you all, didn't realize how many there were!

I don't want to get carried away on a rant about T-net, the recent change in ownership and the sudden change to a different operating system were quite a surprise for me.  The new owners explained how horrible the old system was so it had to "go some place" but when I asked about a particular function, the "new replies" to your own posts, they had no idea what I was even talking about which told me that they had not even tried the old system before pulling the plug.

What soured me was what happened when some of the long-time members complained about their new system and format; the new owners were sure helpful enough for any little thing they could tweak, but made it clear we have to like it or lump it.  The nasty remarks to those old members just rubbed me the wrong way, not that they said anything insulting to me personally, but when a member that had paid for a half dozen charters was told that if he can't manage the new op system then he must be too stupid to operate a TV remote that ticked me off.  Anyway after finding myself getting pretty angry every time I visited T-net, decided I don't like what it has become and most of us don't go to a treasure forum to get frustrated and angry. 

I am still catching up on the many discussions here and will sure try not to pick any fights with anyone, I think I am going to like it here - thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words, and yes I am going to invite my friends still on T-net to join us here if that is OK.  I just wish that I had looked deeper at this forum SOONER! 

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek!
Your friend in 'Dakota Territory'
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Coffee

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35725.msg217884.html#msg217884

"We must find a way, or we will make one." -> Hannibal Barca

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 12:20:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Roy,

well, T-Net has been running the same operating software like we do here. It's called SMF (Simple Machines). I see that TreasureNet doe snow run a VBuletin software. VBuletin is a very good software, too but bascially I do beleive that one should never change a running system. In the end any software does have its pro and cons ... but apart from the software we just try our best to make everybody feel comfortable here. Of course we are all just human being so there will be disagreements at times, still I believe that just about anything can be resolved Smiley

By the way, why is it that TNet was sold? TNet has been such a popular place. If it was my website I would never have sold it. In the end it's like a child.

Best wishes and thanks for being here! I look forward to reading your postings - and should you ever feel uncomfortable about anything just drop me a line and I'll do my best to resolve it.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35725.msg217885.html#msg217885

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline oroblancoTopic starter
Copper Member

Nemo me impune lacesset
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Lobo, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Whites
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 01:30:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hola amigo Christian,

Thank you (and everyone) for the very warm welcome, I like this place already!  I don't foresee any problems at this end, and did not come here to make trouble with anyone so you should not have trouble from me.

As far as I know, the former owner of T-net (Marc Austin) simply needed to sell, not that it was causing him trouble.  The surprise way the new operating software was sprung on everyone was a bit of a shock and while it was not so complicated that I could not ever learn it, that simple function of being able to pull up the new replies to your posts left me searching for hours trying to find out if anyone had written something to me that needed an answer.  That led me to contact the new owners and moderators and I got the bigger shock of how nasty they were being to several long time members, whom had been faithful members even longer than I had.  I do not understand why they decided to be snotty and insulting to their old members, and warn them that new members would quickly replace them - basically don't let the door hit ya on the way out. 

Anyway I do understand about all software has issues and positive features and that we all have to learn new things to use them from time to time, really what got to me was the new owners attitude toward some of their oldest members.  I sure don't see anything like THAT attitude here!

Thank you again, I hope you have a very pleasant evening amigo.
Roy

Coffee Coffee Coffee

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35725.msg217894.html#msg217894

"We must find a way, or we will make one." -> Hannibal Barca

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: