[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline TayopaTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Mexico
Referrals: 0

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:18:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good afternoon my friends,  Atlantis was brought up by rational.  He also mentioned the red haired giants, but that is for another topic later.  Shall we discuss Atlantis?

A side point was associated with Atlantis, does it have any association with Aztlan, the nebulous site of the birth of the Aztecs ?

Don Dose de La Mancha .

Posted on: June 16, 2012, 02:19:47 PM
good morning my friends;  coffee?

I posted this information, based upon my simple investigation in 2009 in here. As usual I asked for questions, pro or con, as was suggested by a fellow T. Hunter in here. -->
" if you had you would see that if we want to debated a treasure we post all the info we have then hope other folks can add to it."

I believe that I have asembled a reasonably valid set of probable proofs of both the existance and location of the Mythical Atlantis,  yet no-one posts questions Huh?

Hmmm  So I will post as suggested once more.

First  location of thr gigantic 3 ring caldera which fits Platos  etc location ond structure for Atlantis.

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to Live, not live to exist"

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36786.msg225895.html#msg225895

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Atlantis ©@®.jpg

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:39:09 am by Tayopa »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:31:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Get a clue  this is a serious treasure site not a conspiracy site and Atlantis is pure fantasy thats why no one is asking questions but they are laughing at you hope thats what your looking for.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36786.msg225909.html#msg225909

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline TayopaTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Mexico

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 01:50:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As was described by various ancient sites,and persons, it was not a single continental  land mass, but a gigantic Caldera composed of two  rings of islands with Atlantis itself on the center Island.

A beautiful example  of what I am speaking of is lovely Santorini.  However it is of a single ring of islands with the central island.  Atlantis  was much much larger and composed of two outer rings of Islands.-->

Please Register or Login

http://www.greeka.com/cyclades/santorini/santorini-pictures-360/39/39.htm

Please Register or Login

http://es.dreamstime.com/fotograf
ía-de-archivo-visión-sobre-la-caldera,-santorini-image5494562

Please Register or Login

http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/photos/santorini-tour/may2012/aerial-shots/image6.html

Being an ancient, Enormous volcano situated on the apex of the three plates it's disappearance in three days can easily be explained.

It pivoted from Spain on the East an  simply collapsed to it's present 12,000 ft depth.

The Azores were the southern extension of the kingdom, but not physically part of Atlantis.

I will now post some data from Oro  (Roy Decker) from another series on Atlantis.
                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many great and wonderful deeds are recorded of your state in our histories. But one of them exceeds all the rest in greatness and valour. For these histories tell of a mighty power which unprovoked made an expedition against the whole of Europe and Asia, and to which your city put an end. This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean; for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbour, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent. Now in this island of Atlantis there was a great and wonderful empire which had rule over the whole island and several others, and over parts of the continent, and, furthermore, the men of Atlantis had subjected the parts of Libya within the columns of Heracles as far as Egypt, and of Europe as far as Tyrrhenia. (extract from Timaeus by Plato v~360 BC
But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea. For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.
Then there is another problem involved, specifically the actual size of the island. All too often I see and hear about "Atlantis the lost CONTINENT" when Plato never once stated it was a continent but an ISLAND, a large island but an island nevertheless. In fact what he said was that it was a group of islands, from which you could travel on across the Atlantic to reach the "true continent" that physically bounds the whole of the western ocean - the Americas! This is actually quite solid proof that the ancient Greeks were at least AWARE of the existence of the Americas, which would appear to be a single massive continent to seafarers coming only from the east (Europe/Africa) unless they actually ventured inland enough to find the narrow strip of land connecting the two continents or sailed in circumnavigation around South America. Plato does not provide enough information to narrow the exact location, in fact saying "opposite the Pillars" can mean just about anywhere outside of the Mediterranean. Plus we know that sea levels were considerably lower 11,000 years ago than they are today, and while this also meant that vast areas in the northern regions were covered with massive glaciers, it also meant that a fair number of lands that are now submerged were actually above sea level, including some large islands. The distance from the land mass of Europe/Africa to the Americas was shorter by a considerable distance too, which obliquely affirms the statement of Plato about the Atlantic being "navigable in those days" as the distances between lands were not as great.

Don Jise de La Mancha

"I exist to Live, not live to exist"

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36786.msg225959.html#msg225959

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:03:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Topic Locked! Nonsense

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36786.msg225994.html#msg225994

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.