[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline drewbatmanTopic starter
Rusty Nail

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.9.4
Mac OS X 10.9.4
Safari 7.0.5
Safari 7.0.5

Awards
« on: October 02, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

CASTING CALL: ARE YOU REALLY INTO LOST TREASURE?

A major TV production company is looking for experienced and dogged TREASURE HUNTERS for a new show in development.

+ Do you regularly seek out lost treasure?
+ Do you work in a group of 2 or more?
+ Do you have fun/engaging/dynamic/strong-willed/passionate personalities?

We want to hear from you! Please send ALL of the following info to castingcallinbox@gmail.com:

+ your names, ages, locations
+ a brief bio of the group and what makes you unique
+ video (if possible) OR photos

THANKS, and we look forward to hearing from you!

{alt} You have been moderated because you have posted here without Due care of the forum or its Members as your soul purpose here is for Financial gain.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283007.html#msg283007
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:41:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yet Another show to Fire people up banning detecting and Treasure hunting.  No Thanks.  Leave me out of it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283013.html#msg283013

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:45:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Treasure hunting covers a wide spectrum are you talking the lone Detectorist or the type of people who get Backing via investors, The problem you are going to run into Is Detectorist and Treasure Hunters are being dogged by governments around the world because the media makes it look like every Beep of the machine is a gold coin and I am Afraid that's not how it works and the Odd item they do find they are victimized  by local Governments and the Media does not help by making it out to be more than what it is.

Take me for instance I invested over $16,000 over a 2 year period and spent weeks searching ground and finding iron soda cans bits of WWII bombs and A few modern Coins, It took me 5 years to find something of value IE a couple of hundred dollars and then you spend another 5 years doing the same, and then the media make it to be like we find gold or silver in every hole well that's just not true, TV documentaries make detectoists out to be grave robbers and thieves and that is also not fair or true, Yet Archaeologists  go digging up graves yet they get Awards and Knight Hoods, But most of all we inform them of possible historic site and when it is reported the media and the Arkies call us Amateur Archaeologist's well WE ARE NOT, We are just detectorist's out doing what we enjoy.

We are NOT Amateur Anything it takes us Bloody years of working reading and Learning how to use a certain type of machine and where that machine works best along with being the wrong machine for the Area and ground conditions. There is nothing Amateur about it,

Take your job for instance, once you have completed your college or uni that's it your a Pro, with Us the Learning Never stops and some members here have over 15,000 hours of Testing and searching under their belts some have 5 times that amount because they have been doing this for over 40 years and every time is different and you learn every time you go out, Metal Detecting must be the Longest Apprentiship in the world and they have the bloody nerve to call us Amateur's,

My advice to you is walk the walk, In other words Buy a Real Machine and learn it then you will have Real world Experience at it,  After all the bad press we get I think your expecting a bit much, Baring in mind we don't even know you and you are asking us to Lift up our Skirts and Bare All, The Media does nothing to promote this Hobby and yet who do the Arkie's call in and who do the Police call In when they need help, Us Amateur Archaeologists.

Weather you are a Major Production Company or Not is irrelevant all that means is a Bigger Kick in the Balls for us and as long as you get your story we get shafted either way,  I suggest if you want help you need to talk to the members more and be A little more Humane and not just write your list of Demands,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283022.html#msg283022

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:55:12 pm by Ridge Runner »
Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 08:11:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well said John, & like Homie, count me out as well....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283023.html#msg283023

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 08:48:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cache
Well said John, & like Homie, count me out as well....

Well This is his first post, without no new user introduction,, And then its straight into CASTING NOW,,,Like He's my Idea of Dream Come True, All the members here  are far more important than this, We are not giggly little School Girls trying to get an Audition on the Voice ect, We are grown ups and some are Decorated Vets,

Manners and Protacol and respect are all M.I.A

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283028.html#msg283028

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:49:57 pm by Ridge Runner »
Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bravo well said to all.

OK if it were a show about aluminum crash sites.  We would all be waiting in line.  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283030.html#msg283030

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:23:17 pm by Karl »
Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
7%
Male
Australia

6075.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 37.0.2062.124
Chrome 37.0.2062.124

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 11:38:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Well This is his first post, without no new user introduction,, And then its straight into CASTING NOW,,,Like He's my Idea of Dream Come True, All the members here  are far more important than this, We are not giggly little School Girls trying to get an Audition on the Voice ect, We are grown ups and some are Decorated Vets,
Manners and Protacol and respect are all M.I.A

i am out too. No no! No no!
i think he only care about his project and his new found  treasure $$$$$$$$$$$ idea

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283042.html#msg283042

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 37.0.2062.124
Chrome 37.0.2062.124

Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 03:01:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

I agree with all the guys....count me out too

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283045.html#msg283045

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 32.0
Firefox 32.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 03:04:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Go away and find some amateurs who know nothing, chase after Federal Reserve Notes, Confederate Gold and Yamashita treasures. That's where all the action is.

(That will get them looking,eh?)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283046.html#msg283046

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 07:25:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Theres is So much more About the people here, this hobby is not about Beep Beep Dig, There is understanding soil conditions, Machines and there usage Let alone knowing how to work out the Programs and how one setting influence's another
Then we have out Resident Experts Who Design and Build their Own Machines along with helping others to Repair their Machines, You Cant Buy That, Because a lot of that Knowledge was gained through Dedication and Or Military Service

That Brings us to the History side of things, Most members do enough research to keep a dozen students busy, This is all Funded by That Person and by the Sacrifices they have made, There are no Government Grants for us Unlike those for Archaeologists, In a recent Archaeology Dig, Archaeologist were found to have thrown away 95% of Treasure/Metal Artifact's from A site and a few years later Detectorists went back over the site to Find and recover over 90% of what was remaining, The sad part about that was the soil had been removed and used as land fill else where, That's the stupidity of the so called Professional Archaeologist's and that dig cost Millions to under Take,

When we find an artifact and a site we inform the museums and they take over and a lot of them throw copper and Brass washer's around the place to try and fool detectorists when it was the detectorists that found the site for them in the first place, Because their Jealousy is about them going to uni and getting government Grants They cant stand the fact that WE Find them first, And we Have Been Called Grave Robbers and Thieves By Such Programs As TIME TEAM and it is/was their Professors that HAVE AND DO Throw these Washers In the Ground Which then helps destroy Our Detecting Sites, Not that it does but it makes life very difficult just the same, How some second Rate Comedian and a bunch of OCD people can get away with this I am not sure because dumping rubbish in the ground is illegal But they Do.

This is the type of Treatment I have Personally seen From a well respected Program such as Time Team, They are Slanderous vindictive People, Who can not stand the Fact that WE Get off our Backsides and Prove History.

This is what YOU will get from a TV Company

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57902.msg283052.html#msg283052

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: