[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 07:39:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Anthony,

you are most welcome. I hope there are no harsh feelings. I'm sure KLeith did not mean to cause any hard feelings to anyone.

Sincerly,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1703.msg14734.html#msg14734

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

FALSE CAUSE A BANANA DONT HAVE A BACKBONE
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 07:45:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

dude aint as bright as he thinks :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1703.msg14735.html#msg14735

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

1 067.jpg

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 07:59:07 pm by dr.dtector »

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline ClickTheYellowChick
Click The Yellow Chick
Bronze Member

Click The Yellow Chick
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

GoldBug I by Fisher, Bounty Hunter 2200, Homemade Pinpointer, Falcon Pinpointer, Won a White's Pinpointer on CGPF contest
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 07:54:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

To: Respected Owner of this Forum,
Respected Moderators,
Contributors,
and then a suspect Mr. Belli,

I feel it necessary to weigh in upon this matter.  As many of you know, I AM a published author, holder of many copyrights, and co-owner of a publishing company for the last 17 years.  As such I have a few observations to share.

First my attention is drawn to you, Mr. Belli.  Your lack of skill in gathering facts which owner Mr. Christian has publically provided you, by any sincere effort on your part privatelyaddress him in this matter, is so typical of your Italian rooted bellicose, bull-in-a-china-closet caveman skillset.

Secondly, it should be pointed out to you, since your lack of couth is so danged obvious to everyone but yourself, you shot your mouth off and offended a great many fine people on this site. 

An observer such as myself can only wonder at the source of your umbrance.  I suspect, as others have pointed out, your clumsy efforts at garnering more publicity for the April issue is part of the story.  The rest of the story is rooted in your own greed, not only for the treasure but for the "glory" of the rosetta stone translation of which you are so proud.

As a published author, I have been the legitimate recepient of multiple reviews and advance copy review for the legitimate purpose of correcting any material mis-speaks and quotations.  It should be noted that those with whom I exchange these professional courtesies ALWAYS ask my confidentiality in regards to pre-published "quiet period" which is always extended to the reveiwer. 

For Mr. K.R. to behave in the manner which he has so egregiously displayed some obvious lack of respect for you and your "advanced copy" courtesy speaks volumes about not only Mr. K.R., but also the level of dealings with you.

I would like to note for the forum record, Mr. K.R. is a researcher for a Native American tribe, Cree Nation.  As such, I suspect they do not feel bound by any laws except their own, since they as an entity pre-date any formalized statutes and case law involved in this matter.  The Cree Nation is not the only interstitial grey area in regards to IP on the globe.  China is probably the most blatant in IP theft and appropriation for private agendae matters.  Just ask Microsoft!

Oro is correct:  this is a matter for IP lawyers, yours and theirs. While theft of intellectual property is against the law as we here USA based know the copyright law, damages have to be proven, which is the sticky wicket you are now involved in as much as a bear is involved with bees when stealing honeycomb.  Frankly, since it is published by him, and you aren't attributed, and cannot prove outside a court of law what is "you say," and what is "he says" I dare remind you, he is the first to have published it, and probably has a copyright "leg to stand on"  by doing so, Cree Nation or no Cree Nation.

Once again, I suspect greed is at the bottom of this intellectual property matter, and not just financial greed, but "pissing rights" between you two males, to put it bluntly.

Show me a documented treasure, and I'll cite the drama and battle over its ownership and subsequent split of any profits to be obtained in the future.

You may well be advised to save your (meager?) funding for matters more serious than copyright infringement claims.

If the Cree Nation can tie you up in knots at this level, they have opened a second battlefront in regards to profitability in this matter, by being a financial drain at a very early point in "pissing strategy."

Since you have amply demonstrated your hot-headed, random shooting from the hip approach in full view of this forum, you may be well served to step back, decide where you want to spend your money, and then decide if your goal is to find the treasure or just become a noisey footnote in history.  Treasure hunting since prior to Marco Polo time has been littered with the bodies of the hot-heads instead of the finders.

In closing, since you are so hell-fired bent on getting credit for this, where is your publisher's legal staff on this matter?  Since it is their subscriber base or copy sales that will be affected primarily--therein the proof if any of financial damanges--where are their deep pockets.

I don't see them behaving in such a hothead manner on this forum.  Do you?

G'day, Mr. Bellicose Belli

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1703.msg14736.html#msg14736

Click blue/purple words Below & learn more about:

Please Register or Login

FIVE Kits To help YOU locate Discarded, Above Ground CHEAP gold, silver, plat+
  Yup, I find gold for about $20 oz cost!

Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 08:01:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

YOU R THEE MOST ELEQUINT CHICKEE I NEVER DID C Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1703.msg14737.html#msg14737

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 08:09:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Megan!

Wow this was a very well written posting! It becomes once more evident you are a very skilled and bright writer.  Wink

Thanks again for adding your thoughts to our forum.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1703.msg14738.html#msg14738

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 08:30:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by oRo
For more information please visit:

Please Register or Login

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE STICKY THIS EXCELLENT LINK THAT ORO HAS DONATED Grin

HAS CHRIS RAISED YOUR SALARY YET ORO??
Shocked Kiss Tongue Wink Shocked Angry :Smiley Wink Shocked Huh? Cool Lips Sealed :Smiley Undecided Kiss
Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1703.msg14741.html#msg14741

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:34:11 pm by dr.dtector »

Offline Anthony-BelliTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 10:12:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Megan,
Thank you for your post. You are correct that I did go after the owner of THunting.com because that is where I found my work posted. In doing so Christian corrected me and directed me to Mr. R, the independent sub domain who is also the person who made the post I have questioned. Your post however lacks the real issue, which I find hard to believe after reading your claims to be a "published author." The only issue is the fact that to date my work remains unpublished, and since Mr. R has seen fit to delete my name from an unedited copy that I agreed to provide him for the purposes of editing content strictly regarding his tribal affiliation, he has certainly acted in bad faith. If you understood First North American Rights, you'd know that his publication of my work violates this and as such terminates my right to be paid for that work. What a surprise to find a "published author" who does not know this... let alone stand and defend one who has acted in bad faith. I will accept the responsibility for having made the mistake of sending Mr. R an unedited copy of my story, my error was believing him to be a
respectable and credible person. It won't happen again. If you are what you claim to be I doubt seriously that you'd be ready to throw a party because someone stole your work and didn't pay you for it.

I did not intend to pick a fight here, but to correct a problem. Christian has provided me with the information I need to follow this up with Mr. R and I have already done so. Your observation of my approach, to wit: "bull in a china closet" is
reasonable and for that I have apologized. I am satisfied that by contacting Christian and informing him that this has occurred on THunting.com, which he owns
that my responsibility has been fulfilled. Regarding the remainder of your overstated
post, I am not looking for treasure, glory or much of anything else. I'm just a guy who wanted to be paid for his work. What Mr. R and his tribe think about our laws
is not important. Theft is theft and acting in bad faith is simply that. Oh by the way I very much doubt that the Cree Nation will care one way or the other about Mr. R's lack of integrity.

Best wishes,
Anthony Belli   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1703.msg14747.html#msg14747

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 08:01:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

great job Megan...Smiley...thanks for your imput.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1703.msg14762.html#msg14762

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.