[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 01:43:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm torn over this one. Like Seldom I like the mystery of it, and yet if all the participants are safely escaped beyond the long arm (assuming this ladies story is true) I wouldn't mind knowing.

I guess what I like about this robbery is that he pulled it off without really putting anyone in real danger (except cabin depressurization), so I can enjoy his victory without conscience  Grin I call it victory even if he didn't survive since he has never been found...

My guess is that it's just a grab for attention though. My "but" to her story is that to my knowlege the only bills from that robbery that surfaced are the bunch found along the Columbia. If he is the guy he must have committed that oh so common sin of hiding it where he couldn't find it again, or they were lying that all the numbers were recorded.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26836.msg189649.html#msg189649

Offline Eugene52Topic starter
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 08:07:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Everyone . Here is another article showing a photo of the bills that were found :

Please Register or Login

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021246/DB-Cooper-lived-30-years-200-000-plane-hijacking-1971.html

I believe that whatever happened that night did not go according to plan . I believe the money bag broke during the decent and only some of the money landed with him .

You never know , in the early 70s someone may have found a lot of the lost bills in much better condition and kept it a secret . A hiker , or a prospector ?

HH..............Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26836.msg189681.html#msg189681

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 10:32:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

If someone else found the bills, if they were truly marked or recorded, surely some of them would have turned up in general circulation by now!

Another brilliant  No no! thought:  Did anyone ever consider that the skeleton of "Kennewick Man" found along the Columbia River near Kennewick, WA really isn't 9,000 years old...   but, is actually the skeleton of Dan Cooper?!   Grin  
Hey...  it's as good as some of the many other oddball theories out there!  "Consider, if you will...!"

I'm kind of like a lot of others out there, torn, in that I would really like to know what happened, but I like the romance and adventure of having permanently unsolved.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26836.msg189763.html#msg189763

ArfieBoy

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:34:34 am by ArfieBoy »

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: