[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Alan HassellTopic starter
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 06:31:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

BIGWATER. I dont know how you got to be Admin with only 95 posts.  Dont criticise me for leaving this site its a free world.
Wheres your words of wisdom smarty pants how many articles have you written? Where the hell are they if youve ever written one I for one would love to see it.

Oh I gave fair notice does that seem like Im running away or are you just trying very unsucessfully to provoke me which I assume your trying to do.   Sounds to me like your fresh out of kindergarten with some of the snide remarks youve made about me and maybe it may not go down too well with other members who might now realise what sort of person you really are.

another snide remark of yours If one person out of 50 has something good to say about an article you wrote, that's not bad.  If you wrote a book and one person out of 50 who heard about it bought it, you'd be a VERY rich man.

You have no idea as to my wealth what I own, or the car I drive which happens to be a Bently so dont be a smartarse which your showing yourself to be..  If and when you own a Bently or maybe a Roller then your in my league of gentlemen and you will still be trying to get one when im pushing up the daisies.  Only 11 more days to go till the end of the month too.

You know for someone like you to make a post to humiliate me failed miserably bullets bounce off of my skin and I spit them back at you even if your an Administrator that you have no right to hold that position.  If you were a good Admin you like other people wouldnt want to see me go.  Wheres those great Admin talents your supposed to have hmmm I bet the others are all wondering the same thing now..  Why dont you crawl back into the hole you came from bigwater oh its in a canoe.  Maybe your better at that than this one your trying to do unsuccessfully. 

I think your a back stabber and i call you that to your face not behind your back.  What you posted was a direct insult about me and my integrity.  Your a bad judge of character and whats more you know stuff all about me personally so you have no right to make assumptions like you have.

But then again your the new kid on the block who knows everything about everyone and can go around being the big man you think you are.  Maybe your the one suffering delusions of grandeur sonny boy.  You have to earn the respect from others before they are going to respect you.  Your position as admin isnt going to do you any favours till you get the respect of other members either.
Slamming me isnt going to go down too well either I have often said engage brain before opening big mouth because you might put your foot in it.
Running away ha ha ha running away from what?  what am i running away from?  you have got your balls in a knot havent you.
Do you think your post is going to win you any freinds and make you feel a big man because your an ADMIN with all the POWER?

You must be as thick as a barnyard door because I dont even think you understand or comprehend my reason for leaving here.
I did ask for the site to be made members only in the mods room.  You were against it and wanted to allow guests in to view everything so they could LEECH whatever they wanted and they did. Leeching is stealing maybe thats normal these days in your part of the world but then again what have you got thats worth stealing mr clever dick?

{alt} Enough of this. This site will not become a members only site and no reasons for getting personal.

Alan, we have enjoyed you posting here and would like to thank you. We regret your decision to leave the forum and that it is final but so be it then.

No reason though to start fighting now.

All the best to you.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg73778.html#msg73778
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnban.gif

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 06:37:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I can not wait till the end of the month.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg73779.html#msg73779

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 07:02:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
I can not wait till the end of the month.

Guess you don't have to wait
Just for the record guest's cannot steal anything ,,If they try too right click they get sorry can't do that 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg73785.html#msg73785

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 08:05:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Why would you ever post such Brilliant information and expect people not to follow up on it?

That's like going in the lions cage with a T-Bone hanging around your neck!

Good God Man!  You wanted to make it Public and You DID!  Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg73799.html#msg73799

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 08:19:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I dont know how you got to be Admin with only 95 posts.

I want to point out to the new members that the obsession with post count is not how it is here. No one cares if you have 10 or 1000 post we are all equal. If you have something to add to a thread are want to start a new topic that has merit please do. One day you will look and say damn I sure spend a lot of time at Thunting that is what counts. Now go post something so I can learn even after 40 years of TH I don't know everything.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg73802.html#msg73802

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 08:23:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
I dont know how you got to be Admin with only 95 posts.

I want to point out to the new members that the obsession with post count is not how it is here. No one cares if you have 10 or 1000 post we are all equal. If you have something to add to a thread are want to start a new topic that has merit please do. One day you will look and say damn I sure spend a lot of time at Thunting that is what counts. Now go post something so I can learn even after 40 years of TH I don't know everything.  

Cool

And that is the way it should be! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg73805.html#msg73805

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 08:33:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Alan Hassell
BIGWATER. I dont know how you got to be Admin with only 95 posts.  Dont criticise me for leaving this site its a free world.
Wheres your words of wisdom smarty pants how many articles have you written? Where the hell are they if youve ever written one I for one would love to see it.

I "got to be Admin with only 95 posts" because I was actively searched out by Christian as somebody who is knowledgable on server configuration to fix problems on his server.  It had nothing to do with my participation on this site, and I was admin before I had *five* posts, not because of some supreme knowledge of treasure hunting or appreciation of articles.  I was asked to come here and improve the experience for all of the members by improving the efficiency of the server that was struggling under the load.  I spend the majority of my time on this site under the hood, tuning things and making sure that things hum.  I am, however, cognisant of the posting that goes on, and very tuned into the "primadona" or "delicate princess" attitude that a lot of people take.  

I'm a gunslinger.  I come in to fix problems and then I go away.  I have no intentions of sticking around as a full time administrator.  After I get Christian's issues fixed, I expect my admin priviledges to be removed.  I'll probably stick around as a regular member just because I like the site, and the content, although I'll never read all of it because I only pay attention to the content that interests me.

My job here, as on any of the twenty or other sites I'm currently an administrator of is to point out problems where I see them, and fix the problems that the owner asks me to fix.  If you think I'm here because it's some sort of a power trip, you're sadly mistaken.  Power has nothing to do with this.  Solutions are all I'm after... solutions that the owner has asked me for.  I have no power.  Christian has all the power and I'm here at his beck and call.  For now.

There's a huge difference between being a moderator and being an administrator.  Administrator tasks are technical, dealing with 1s and 0s on the computer, moderator tasks are much more difficult in that they involve dealing with people.  I don't moderate.  At all.  You won't catch me pushing the ban button or deleting a post or moving a thread.  That's not my job.  But that doesn't mean that you won't catch me calling a spade a spade when I see it.  

As far as you are concerned Alan, I'm just another member of this board that is expressing my opinion over the facts at hand.  In my view I have no power over any other person on this site other than to access the buttons that make the site function better for everybody.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg73808.html#msg73808

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:08:30 pm by bigwater »

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 08:47:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

O Yea I know and I thank him very much. I was just pointing out that post counts don't mean a thing to us if members have something to say please say it. It seemed that Alan was obsessed with post count lately this is the second or so time he has brought it up.
O Yea I know and I thank him very much. I was just pointing out that post counts don't mean a thing to us if members have something to say please say it. It seemed that Alan was obsessed with post count lately this is the second or so time he has brought it up.

.  I'll probably stick around as a regular member just because I like the site, and the content, although I'll never read all of it because I only pay attention to the content that interests me.

I hope you do stick around am sure everyone wants you to.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg73813.html#msg73813

Offline SharenH
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

1120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 505
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 06:09:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Alan,

I have enjoyed all your knowledge and look forward to each post of yours. I have used your knowledge of information each time I go out... I too am guilty of not acknowledging each post, and I'm very sorry.  I will say for me, my time on the site is limited due to my job and family.  Please accept my apology and do not leave. 

You are a true "Treasure" to our forum. If you should go, I will miss your posts.

Please stay.

SharenH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg74226.html#msg74226

Offline salvor6
Mod
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 10:33:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Its too late. Alan is history.  Cry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11448.msg74284.html#msg74284

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.