[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline golddustcarlTopic starter
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 05:14:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I sure hope it does. I will be sure to give you all a complete report.

Carl

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg280365.html#msg280365

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 07:16:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
  Carl, let us know if it will see grain size gold.

I tested mine and it see's my test piece of lead at 9 -10mm 3/8" and the test piece is 0.1g or 1.5 Grains

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg280366.html#msg280366

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 09:59:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sure will AU. Didn't know you had a Vibra-Probe. Mine is expected to arrive today or tomorrow.

Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg280411.html#msg280411

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 10:04:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by golddustcarl
Sure will AU. Didn't know you had a Vibra-Probe. Mine is expected to arrive today or tomorrow.

Carl

I Haven't Carl, I have the Whites Bullseye II that runs at 36 kHz

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg280414.html#msg280414

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 01:00:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Au

Just looked up the whites Bullseye II and looks like a nice probe. Read a couple of reviews on a few forums, and their owners seem pleased. Basically I would say if you don't get it soaking wet it is perfect for what it was designed to do. More or less a landlubber's probe, but priced very well. The most  noticeable difference between the two is the Vibra-probe is both watertight (up to 100 Ft.) and dustproof. A second difference is the Vibra-Probe doesn't have an audible indicator. For me I don't need that feature, but for others it could be a deal buster. It's coming this afternoon. I will give a full and unbiased review after I try it tomorrow. With no controls, I suppose the learning curve won't be too great. By the way, what is that button on the top left of the Whites for?

Carl

Just remembered. The Vibra-Probe only detects at the tip and not the sides. Is that good or bad? What does the Whites do?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg280424.html#msg280424

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:04:37 pm by golddustcarl »

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 01:50:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by golddustcarl
Au

Just looked up the whites Bullseye II and looks like a nice probe. Read a couple of reviews on a few forums, and their owners seem pleased. Basically I would say if you don't get it soaking wet it is perfect for what it was designed to do. More or less a landlubber's probe, but priced very well. The most  noticeable difference between the two is the Vibra-probe is both watertight (up to 100 Ft.) and dustproof. A second difference is the Vibra-Probe doesn't have an audible indicator. For me I don't need that feature, but for others it could be a deal buster. It's coming this afternoon. I will give a full and unbiased review after I try it tomorrow. With no controls, I suppose the learning curve won't be too great. By the way, what is that button on the top left of the Whites for?

Carl

Just remembered. The Vibra-Probe only detects at the tip and not the sides. Is that good or bad? What does the Whites do?

The older model Whites has a pickup area of about 1/2 an inch from the tip but this newer one seems to be an inch and a 1/4 to an inch an a 1/2 , I find that this helps you to locate things quicker especially tiny things better IE small Gold and tiny roman coins that are 5mm across and those Tiny Tiny Celtic Gold Stater's are about the same size, Look at it this way When you search you Tend to use a big 10" coil to locate the Target and this system seem to be based on that principal and the power knob helps to to detune it Because the Max setting the Whole shaft will appear to be giving a signal when really its not, They pick up coins from about an inch and a half and a Zippo Lighter from about 3", But I like the Whites TRX but I have always used the Bullseye II Because it has the Highest Frequency of the Normal Type Probes @ 36 KHz So It does Not interfere with your Detector and It finds the Smaller Items, unlike A post I read today where someone's Garrett  Pinpointer was Up Setting their Detector.

Now to me that is Just wrong, Whites Make Detectors that run at 6.25 +/- 7.5 +/- 15Khz(13.889) 22.5 and 48 Khz and 50 Khz So it makes sense to  Keep the Bullseye up at 36  out of the way of all those Frequencies and it was made long before they made a detector that was @ 22.5 KHz unlike the Garrett and the Minelab Probes, So that Frequency serves Two Purpose's 1) makes it very sensitive and 2) makes it so it does not interfere with your Detector,

Hope this Help,    AU  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg280426.html#msg280426

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:25:32 pm by Ridge Runner »
Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 02:01:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You explained it very well AU. Thanks.

Posted on: August 22, 2014, 12:53:57 pm
Quote:Posted by sharpeink
Hey Just want to do my first post and well I don't know BA But I've had a few Bitta's in Bitburg! Dunka! I just purchased a Harbor Freight Detector! I like that pin pointer! don't have one but it sound like a good deal!

"Can't never could do what it didn't want to."

Hey, that Harbor Freight detector is alright for the money. It's got discrimination too. Not bad for less than $60. Couldn't make one for that much.
welcome to the forum.
Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg280428.html#msg280428

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 02:07:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Is That the Orange One Carl

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg280429.html#msg280429

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 10:52:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Is That the Orange One Carl

AU

Don't know A. Just saw the features on the box. None on display.

OK all, An update on the Vibra-Probe:

!. It is not what I was expecting at all. It was way much more. My first impression out of the box. "Industrial Strength" built like a tank. The probe is yellow and black with Black foam handle. This was built to last.
2. Got just about every kind of US coin there is, and 3 small nuggets. I did the gold test first. I'll report on that now so Homie can get to bed. I will put the coin tests in a spread sheet or doc file tomorrow and post them.

GOLD NUGGETS IN AIR TEST RESULTS:

Metal type                                      Weight                      Distance to detection.
                                                     Grams                            inches/mm
small gold nugget                              1.3                              3/4        19mm
small gold nugget                                .8                              1/2        13mm
small gold nugget                                .3                              1/4        7mm

I didn't have anything close in size to .1 gram to test. Just a huge amount of smaller pieces less than  .05 grams. Too small to weigh on my scale or detect.
I can tell you that dimes were coming in at 1-3/8 inches. Farthest distance I tested was an 1-1/2 Brass POG that picked up at 1/34 inches.
The vibrations are more than strong enough at the minimum distances that you will definitely know you have detected something.
An underwater test with the .3 gram nugget still had the same depth sensitivity with the added advantage that you could also hear the vibrations. Soaked the probe in the bathtub in 12 inches of water for 1/2 hour. Pulled it out, hand dried it with a towel, and checked the battery compartment and found absolutely no moisture. It has a non threaded cap with a tapered rubber plug on the end of the cap. You insert it into the battery end of the probe, give it 2 turns and it expands the plug tightly to the inside of the probe. And it is very tight.
To turn it on just hold the probe upward for 2 seconds and it turns on giving 2 short buzzes. To turn it off you do the same thing. Only this time it gives 2 long buzzes. If you lay it down for 1 minute it shuts off automatically. It has a battery save feature in that it will shut off 1 minute after the last buzz. It is a motion detector even though it is PI. That is part of the battery drain protection system. Say if after you find your coin, and you lay the probe down on something metallic like your shovel, it will buzz only once then shut off after a minute if you don't pick it up and get another buzz.
It has some features that make it a tool that anybody can use.(even me) If you loose the instruction sheet, and you don't use the machine again for a couple of years and can't remember how to use it, no worry. The instructions are printed on the barrel of the tool on a bright yellow label. Having no controls, means you don't have much to remember anyways. Having just the face surface of the tip the only sensitive part of the probe made it easy to pinpoint that .3 gram nugget  exactly. An added plus is that it is US made in California. I have included some photos of the tool and the nuggets I used to test it.
Would I recommend it?   YES.
Would I buy another one? YES
Am I going to use it? YES

Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg280446.html#msg280446

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

P8220079.JPG
P8220080.JPG
P8220081.JPG
P8220082.JPG
P8220083.JPG

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313