[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline cacheTopic starter
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« on: December 12, 2015, 01:34:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As suggested by Ridge Runner, I start this thread with a simply post stating my other hobby.......Vintage, antique & collectable automobile's.   Here's a few we've had & some my  Kiss & I still own. I'll add more later.  Many long story's to follow.......

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305216.html#msg305216

There are 6 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

078 (3).JPG
090 (3).JPG
126 (2).JPG
460.jpg
SAM_2320.JPG
SAM_3308.JPG

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 02:28:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

They are beautiful cache  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305222.html#msg305222

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 02:51:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh mercy, Kiss Kiss Kiss I Love that Black Coupe, and the T-Bird and Arrrgh NutSki's I love em All Cache,

Man That's Heaven Right There that Is, That's made my Day,, Thanks for posting them,

Tell me about the Black Coupe ?? is that a 32 or a 34? ,  Is there a 327/350 Lurking beneath Glorious Hood or maybe a snippet of something more foreboding   Kiss Kiss

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305227.html#msg305227

Offline cacheTopic starter
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 03:40:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Oh mercy, Kiss Kiss Kiss I Love that Black Coupe, and the T-Bird and Arrrgh NutSki's I love em All Cache,

Man That's Heaven Right There that Is, That's made my Day,, Thanks for posting them,

Tell me about the Black Coupe ?? is that a 32 or a 34? ,  Is there a 327/350 Lurking beneath Glorious Hood or maybe a snippet of something more foreboding   Kiss Kiss
     Frist let me explain that I am not on here but just morning's and evening's M-F usually. As for the black "31" 2 door sedan with a 32 radiator shell (wish throws many folk's off)  Yes Ridge its a 350 cu with aftermarket A/C (from Vintage Air) . Ever thing chrome underneath the car. The story on this one is... Kiss & I where at a show in Tulsa Okla. around 94-95 sharing and showing the T-bucket (pictured) when I came across this  black Model A for sale. I thought the asking price was very reasonable so I called my banker and explained   and he said ok. I left the seller a check and after it cleared he called and he meet me half way to deliver the car.  Kiss & I shared the Model A for 5 or so years at show's in and around our state. Attended Americruise & Good Guys events and many other prestigious shows. We have a couple of shelves  full of awards just  for the A.  Sold it when we had enough of it. It was a great car and lot's of fun. The T bucket on the other hand also had a 350 in it. The first car I purchased once I acquired  my dealers license. Funny thing...Once I acquired my dealers lic. I went to the bank to begin floor-planning my dealership. My banker told me how much he would let me start out with and NOT to buy ANYTHING older than 10 years old. Lol, my first purchase was the T-Bucket. 1926. From than on he realized I was going to purchase and sell older collectable cars.  I gave up my Lic. in 2002. I tell many people it was a wonderful hobby that turned into a biz that ruined the hobby. Just in the past couple years have I become interested in playing with them once again...(Purchasing this Corvette about 34 days ago has REALLY got my blood boiling again) I'll tell you it's  story another day. Let me say this thread is not only about fine automobiles, Its here to tell us about....YOUR OTHER PASSION - HOBBY? Mine just happens to be automobiles.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305231.html#msg305231

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

SAM_3289.JPG
modal a lft side.jpg
tbucketsmall.jpg

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 04:13:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have a few hobbies of the years, most of the time it was cars and when I first got involved with them I did not know too much and through someones mis-information caused me to sell one of the hottest cars I ever owned, well a few years went  by and I stuck with it intil one day I realized that I could do all these magical things with cars and trucks I thought I wanted proof of it so at 31 years old I put my self through College and I got 2 Honours Degrees/passes and one pass in Automotive engineering and the I also got degrees for Spray Painting and Panel Beating etc, and then I open up my own panel shop and speed shop Building muscle cars,

My other Passion has always been Rockabilly and RocknRoll Music which as I got older has included Country Music, I started playing the Guitar around January the 5th 1976 and I am self taught, At the school I went to there was a Guitar teacher there who happened to be from a famous band Namely Fleetwood Mac, well the head of the school would not let me take lessons So I decided to teach my self, and that was 40 years ago next month,

1979 I was what is called a Rockabilly (stroke) Teddy Boy, and I bought an Album By Eddie Cochran (see below) and that Album got me all fired up and it came with a giant poster the same as the Album cover and I swore that one Day I would have that Guitar, Many years went by and just when I got close to owning one they went out of Business and the only one I had ever seen was a Gretsch White Falcon in a magazine and that went up for Auction in the US for $170,000.00, even though it was not the one I wanted I would of been happy to own it because it had never been played and still had all the sales Tags on it, so that was that dream over, anyway I came over here in 96 and I saw and old Gretsch in a shop window (the wrong model again) so I gave up looking and I gave up playing then 4 years ago I found out that they were back in business and they were making them Again Only this time I put a deposit down one and sold my other Guitar to pay for it, I won't say how that ended, anyway last September I bought 2 lovely Gretsch Guitars But NOT the model I had always Dreamed of, The Guitar that Pioneered Rockabilly and Blasted it's Ownner into becoming the RocknRoll GIant, Eddie Cochran.

And Yesterday The 11th of DEC 2015 36 years later here's what I bought.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305237.html#msg305237

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

My EC4.jpg
my 1st EC album.jpg
my EC2.jpg
my EC3.jpg

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:22:24 pm by Ridge Runner »
Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.2
Windows NT 6.2
MS Internet Explorer 10.0

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 06:10:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Real nice collection of Auto's Cache , you have/had some cool cars , RR that's a great looking guitar , bet it plays some incredible notes .
As far as my other interests I have been a motorhead since I was a young'un and have competed in Speedway ( 2 years ) , Drag Racing ( 10 years ) and seven years Dry lakes Racing , over the years I have had several Aussie muscle cars as well as a few from USA , still currently own a 1970 454 chevelle which has been modded as an SS Pro Streeter .
I live near the coast and several estuaries ( six boat ramps within 15 miles )so fishing and crabbing are easily available with my 4.55 mtr tinny and my neighbours 6.2 mtr ocean tinny , in the wet season feral pigs roam freely so the 30/30 comes out of the locker . Where I live its majority bushland with plenty of trails and beach runs so the Yammy 660 quad gets a lot of use especially when friends and my bro come out visiting , these toys open up a whole new world out this way , every second property has at least 1 quad .. cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305239.html#msg305239

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 06:35:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by au fever
Real nice collection of Auto's Cache , you have/had some cool cars , RR that's a great looking guitar , bet it plays some incredible notes .
As far as my other interests I have been a motorhead since I was a young'un and have competed in Speedway ( 2 years ) , Drag Racing ( 10 years ) and seven years Dry lakes Racing , over the years I have had several Aussie muscle cars as well as a few from USA , still currently own a 1970 454 chevelle which has been modded as an SS Pro Streeter .
I live near the coast and several estuaries ( six boat ramps within 15 miles )so fishing and crabbing are easily available with my 4.55 mtr tinny and my neighbours 6.2 mtr ocean tinny , in the wet season feral pigs roam freely so the 30/30 comes out of the locker . Where I live its majority bushland with plenty of trails and beach runs so the Yammy 660 quad gets a lot of use especially when friends and my bro come out visiting , these toys open up a whole new world out this way , every second property has at least 1 quad .. cheers Mick

Yes mate, I played along with some of Eddies songs and it sounds exactly like his,

454 Chevelle that has the Ls7 Block with a 4 bolt mains in it doesn't it?? They put out near to 400 horse's or just over when new from the factory so it yours must be pumping out a Good 5 to 600 or more now ??

30/30 is about right for pigs But them old Razor backs  can be bad tempered little Buggers Aye and some of them aren't little either, the last one I saw was just under 300kgs and if they Tree ya you better have enough water at hand lol,

I use to love build motors, and I screwed together a few good ones in the mid 80s because a lot of my mates had GTHO's and 68 Monaro's etc and a few hot Chargers, My mate up at Gladstone QLD had an FX with a 327 in it that ran Low 10s and an XU1 with a 186X not S and that ran high 12s, with Triple SU's. I had a HQ monaro that ran a 327 and TRW 12 and a half to 1 Hi kickers in itand from memory the Cam was an Erson 48/88-52/90 geeze it sounded Rugged.

Oh they were great days, my normal running around hot Car was an XY (1971) Falcon, looked like ya grannys Car, But it did about 115 in second at about 6800rpm. Oh yeah and I had a Mad Max Falcon too, lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305240.html#msg305240

Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.2
Windows NT 6.2

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 08:08:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The 454 engine in mine is not the LS7 but a nice mild streeter with a few bolt-ons , but with the 4.10 posi and 3500 stall convertor it goes along very nicely , I currently have a 489 stroker , 12.9 to 1 compression , .718 lift roller cam , big heads and 1050 carb waiting assembly on the engine stand my guess 650-700hp , I tried uploading photo's but failed due to file being too large , I'm totally clueless how to go about downsizing these ? ..cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305244.html#msg305244

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 08:20:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Reminds me of the Truly Nolen cars in Tucson Az.   They had old cars parked at about every gas station in town.   

Please Register or Login

https://www.trulynolen.com/about/the-mouse-car.asp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305246.html#msg305246

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 09:05:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by au fever
The 454 engine in mine is not the LS7 but a nice mild streeter with a few bolt-ons , but with the 4.10 posi and 3500 stall convertor it goes along very nicely , I currently have a 489 stroker , 12.9 to 1 compression , .718 lift roller cam , big heads and 1050 carb waiting assembly on the engine stand my guess 650-700hp , I tried uploading photo's but failed due to file being too large , I'm totally clueless how to go about downsizing these ? ..cheers Mick

Good grief, what are you running it on Av Gas??

with mine I use to run Mobil Toluwal and Paint thinners in with the Super is has a similar effect as Nitrous, but you gotta mix it right lol.

No the LS7 is a 427 not 454,, Is that 1050 Carb the Holley Dominator?? It sound like a real Beast,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61280.msg305248.html#msg305248

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: