[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline The OwlTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

528.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 21, 2006, 03:55:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good subject thread, I think.
Me and a buddy of mine are contractors, and we build houses, garages, decks, etc. On the side, we do roofing, siding, landscaping, foundations, septic systems, etc.
No fun, all the time, but noone rides for free.  Wink
Until I find a bucket full of gold double eagles under a rock wall, I can't quit my day job.  Sad

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,192.msg782.html#msg782

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 04:04:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Interesting thread indeed and good idea!

Well, I'm a social scientist (Masters in sociology, psychology and communications) and am currently doing my PhD degree so I'm still a student right now. I have a very unique subject: 'The sociology of the toilet' ...  a whole new perspective to restrooms or in simpler words: What do people do on toiletts ... no, wait no what you might think of at first sight ... Grin ... it's more about what people do on toiletts BUT the most obvious things to do  Grin Grin Grin

I originally I came from the computer and media crime related field in sciences but changed my topic Grin

Moreover I'm also working as a town councellor but I can tell you folks, all the trouble that goes with that is most of the time not worth the money you get paid for it!

Oh, and I buy and sell Japanese swords. That's more of a hobby but sometimes you can be lucky and find a lost treasure. But it's more for the fun. I just love them! Ad I'm very glad I have a girl who stands all these crazy treasure hunting, swords and what ever mentoy things. Eventually I should grow up one day .. but not yet  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,192.msg785.html#msg785

« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 04:07:42 pm by admin »

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline dowserbill
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

306.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 06:16:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Don't do much now retired!!!Bill Pierce here and yes that's my real name! I have worked all my working life for airlines. for a short period I flew for Riddle (airlift) airlines from Miami Florida. Loved to fly bit came down with vertigo and had to give up flying. Oh we flew some real tough assignment for the US Government and also flew in the artic circle to build the DEW Line back in the 50's. Then went to work as a leadman for Riddle in aircraft repairs. TWA hired me in 1964 and stayed there to I took early retirement in 1997. Cael Ican took over TWA and I knew he was going to mess up the retirement so I bailout before he messed mine up! I work for a Supervisor in A/C overhaul, Loved it. TWA was one of the best airlines at one time, how they are just history.
All these years since the first heathkit metal detector came out I was a treasure hunter. I got into LRL with Cochran and became a sales person for him, even had full page adds in treasure magazine, then to my disbelief found out that the LRL's were not as advertised. so I quit selling them and even got stuck with two units but would not sell because I knew the did not perform as advertised. I even bought a few of Dell's, John fales, and many more different LRL's and none of them worked as advertised. So I contacted a retired Electrical engineer I knew that retired from TWA and he has over the years made me a unit I am happy with.
I tell you my past life because now being retired and recovering from a hip fracture I haven't done much lately. I am retired and have meet a beautiful lady in Scotland and how live with her and we will marry in the future.
I still dowse pictures for people from all parts of the world. And just a couple months ago a skeptic here in Scotland tested me. He had some silver in his yard and borrowed my Polaroid camera and took several pictures. Brought the pictures around to me and I checked them with my equipment and pin pointed where he had two spots with buried silver. He shook his head and he said I see it but I still can't believe it. So a skeptic is hard to change he mind set.

Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,192.msg983.html#msg983

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 07:18:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

I worked in film for 11 years and was A&Es Historical Co-ordinater for 5 years..I help make the movie  "The Crossing" about Washington crossing the Delawer river..funny it was all shot in Canada..and we were on the other side!! LOL

Film is slow so now I drive a 40+ ton Cement truck and do other things on the side...hope to get back to movies and TV
Also worked with Omar Shariff over the years..what a great guy!! and Steven King ( among many others)

Started on "Kung Fu...the Legend Continues"

I can tell lots of stories you won't see in the papers!!!!

Hope to get back to film..more money..long hours..and I life I loved...almost as good as being in the Canadian Army..just paid better and they can only fire me.....not put me in jail like the Army could. LOL!

I also put on the Town of Whitby's Nov 11th Display ( Rememberance Day...and the Annual Camp X event.

Camp X was opened before the US got involved in WW2..and the reason for opening it was to train Americans in the arts of Behind the lines Warfare.

"Wild Bill" Donavann was the top American that put this forth...he started the OSS at Camp X ( in Whitby Ontario Canada)  and they split after WW2 into the Green Berets and the CIA)

Heres our website..check it out.

Please Register or Login

www.campxhistoricalsociety.ca

A truley Canadian/British/American thing..and most of the documents are still "Top Secret"  Wonder why.

If you check out the website you will see why I collect dug Military bits..I display them at Nov 11th, Camp X, and schools in the area...lets people know what all our Countries did during the dark days of WW2.

This is not an insult to our Germans Friends..it's a new world...and I blame the French for WW2...but then again I read all the time.

DEan

Sorry to go on like this

Dean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,192.msg985.html#msg985

« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 07:27:50 am by Dean »
Offline dowserbill
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

306.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 07:50:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you are old enough You will remember the pine tree line, the mid Canadan line and the Dew line. Well I was one of the crazy Americans that flew the stuff into the circle to build the Dew Line. and after spending a couple years off and on, I don't like the FRENCH either. They hated US Americans for some reason and we spent all the money building the Dew line.  Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,192.msg989.html#msg989

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 11:23:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

I am a self employed Tattoo Artist, Welder and Commercial Diver.  I have worked for big and small companies over the years now the money can be tight at times but I don't have to answer to anyone.  I own a trading post which is my home base and I work here and on the road

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,192.msg996.html#msg996

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 11:49:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ah! I had allready noticed all your tattoos! I got one when I started at the university ... if it just didn't hurt so much  Angry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,192.msg998.html#msg998

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 01:56:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I taught in the public schools in California  for over 38 years.  During that time I did considerable authoring of educational materials having many things published.   Now I am retired, although I have a nice children's book about the gold rush which I should try to get published.  I am very lazy now.
    I think Christian should get a degree in history so he could learn about all the good hunting spots in Bavaria.  I don't think many Japanese swords would be in the ground.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,192.msg999.html#msg999

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 03:14:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I remember the Dew line.
Whlie I was in the Canadian Army I spent some time in Alert...the most northerly place people live in the world.....Flew in from Greenland by C 130.

Cold and dark!!!

Dean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,192.msg1035.html#msg1035

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: