[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tswheelTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 31, 2011, 12:39:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am starting a LLC for finding the San Pedro Spanish Galleon that sunk off Arrow Point at Catalina Island in Southern California

I need Officers to help run this LLC  and help me look for this treasure

if your interested and live in Southern California I am interested in talking to you

you can email me a   read the story that is on

I am a retired Military Officer, looking for some fun and adventure and what better way than to look for sunken treasure, we all know that there is many shipwrecks out there just waiting to be found.

I could use someone who can find money and investors that will share in any profit if we find any gold etc...depending on what the state lets us keep if any

I know of a boat we can lease, but would need divers and support people.

84 feet is not that deep I have dove deeper in my day but I have not dove in 20 years and will need new equipment and some practice before I go back to that depth.

This is doable so  please think about investing in finding sunken treasure.

I am going to start a new account just for this purpose where you can donate to the cause thru pay pal and this will keep records on how much you invest so if I find and treasure you and be rewarded on a percentage bases of how much you invest. Why not be part of a Treasure Hunting group and I am accepting suggested names to call this new Venture Sunken Treasure Group  VSTG could be our symbol on the nasdaq exchange

here is my new address for the new venture for searching for sunken treasure of the San Pedro Spanish Galleon any one can donate through pay pal

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg192938.html#msg192938

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:23:26 pm by seldom »
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:06:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Look at your dive tables. For 30 miniutes  85 feet down means 15 minutes decompress on egress.

I've never done more then 100 ft free dive.

Gone down picked it up and on my way up.

Got lucky?   I couldn't get down to 50 now days.

Gitting old Sucks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg192941.html#msg192941

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 01:07:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I got a problem with this whole project. First off we do not like folks asking for inverters or donations its just not allowed here. You are asking folks to buy into a dream it seem you have little else to offer. Before you can form a company you need something to sell like signed contracts with the state and federal governments. Agreements in place for equipment, boats, etc. you have nothing to offer zero.

I will ask you once to stop asking for money and stop promoting a company with zero rep.

Seldom  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg192942.html#msg192942

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:06:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Everyone .

Someone needs to post the correct article on the 1733 Spanish Galleon San Pedro that was mentioned above , because the link I have posted here says the San Pedro sank in Florida ? Was there another Spanish ship named the San Pedro , San Pedro II ? 

Here is the link :

Please Register or Login

http://www.easyadventures.net/charters/index.php?id=50

HH................Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg192956.html#msg192956

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 03:16:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom, I did not see this as a Asking for funds gizmo.

This could be a Bona fide Chance.

He was just asking to put together a group of the same interest.

If I was interested in the same I may or may not get involved.

Yep it could be a Sting!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg192960.html#msg192960

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:19:50 pm by homefire »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 03:21:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
Seldom, I did not see this as a Asking for funds gizmo.

He has ask for donations here and on another thread along with asking on his blog. He has gone as far as setting up a pay pal account just so folks can donate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg192962.html#msg192962

Offline Eugene52
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 03:26:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom

He has ask for donations here and on another thread along with asking on his blog. He has gone as far as setting up a pay pal account just so folks can donate.

I agree , do not donate to pay-pal or any Pal !! He needs to post where he got his information !!  If not , his "Treasure Lead" will be Moderated  .  Huh? 

Information like this we all want to believe , especially me living in Southern California and not too far away .
So now I am researching the Archives and will post some more "Shipwreck" links later today .
IF any other members of our forum know this "Catalina Island" shipwreck Story , Please post your comments !!

Best Regards.................Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg192967.html#msg192967

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:13:50 pm by Eugene52 »

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 04:32:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Didn't see that one.  Good to go!

Thank you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg192971.html#msg192971

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 04:39:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There are at least 3 wrecks off Santa Catalina Island that have been documented:

1. Santa Marta - Spanish Manila galleon ran aground on Catalina in 1582. Some of the cargo was probably rescued but it is estimated that two hundred tons of Far East treasures went down with her. There is no record of salvage but the location of the wreck was known at the time. What remains could be worth from several hundred thousands to a million.

2. Nuestra Senora De Ayuda - Spanish Manila galleon returning to California with Far East cargo, stuck rocks west of Catalina and went down in 1641. No record of recovery - contents worth 500k to 1M for artifact value.

3. San Sebastian - possibly a Manila galleon, while being chased by George Compton, English pirate, went aground on a rock outcrop a short distance from Catilina on Jan 7, 1754. 21 of crew/passengers made it to Catilina but were killed by cutthroats on the island. Wreck lies off the west coast of Catilina in roughly 170 feet of water. Contents were again a cargo from the Orient.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg192975.html#msg192975

Offline tswheelTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 06:55:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I Story of finding Spanish Sunken Treasure
By Tim Sherman
I am just and old fart with a dream and by no way a scammer. If I was do you really think I would put a picture of myself up there to show you what I look like.  I have been scammed a few times in my life and I know it doesn’t  feel  good.   You could say that I got scammed back in the early 90’s by the group from  Upstate New York . I was a new diver and had done 30 or forty dives and went diving with this operation at Lake George New York and we found a old Admiral T Anchor that the group leader said it should be  turned  in to the Historical Society,  so be quite because  we are not turning it in.  I should had known right then and there what kind of people I was dealing with.
I decided to take a trip to the Florida Keys that they were sponsoring.   We were all treasure hunting hopefuls and couldn’t wait to get down there.  The group consisted of me, in my  early 40”s, male in fairly good shape seeing I was in the National Guard at the time. The group Leader and dive shop owner who was a loosely diver and could hardly swim but had a girl friend who was a dive instructor and help run the dive shop back in Latham New York.
I flew to Florida with a lawyer, and rental cop. We were met in Florida by the Dive shop owner and girl friend,  she  had an itinerary planned for us.  Wreck diving at 100 feet, National Park Dive, and a special treat with Jordan a old treasure hunter who had a prop wash boat and had found some of the Atocha Treasure but loss in a court battle and had to give it back to Mel Fisher .
Well the wreck did was fun and so was the National Park Dive.  Oh we also did a night dive.  But the real excitement came when were heard we were going to Coffins Patch off mile marker 52 in the Keys where one or more Spanish Galleons had sunk.  So many divers had laded claim to this area that the Florida Courts open up this area to all Treasure Hunters and Jordan was going to show off and take us out there to look for some treasure.   The group leader was giving us a briefing of what was going to happen and what to expect, and said if we did get a hit and find something to please keep it quite and not to let the Captain Jordan know or we would have to share it with him.  I really didn’t think we would find any thing so I went along with the Idea.
His boat was about 40 feet and did have those prop wash tubes on it but we never saw it work. We were going to use the hookah system in about thirty feet of water.   There were only two hookah systems so we took turns with the rental cop and Jordan taking the first dive. They were down about 30 to forty minutes and Captain Jordan came up with a piece of eight. That was exciting.  Then it was our turn, the dive group had two under water metal detectors for us to share and the leaders were on scuba watching us etc.
I was searching about 15 minutes when I came across some ballast rocks and get I got a hit on the detector, I didn’t really know what to do so I waved over the group leader girl friend who  immediately took  the baseball size coral  cover treasure that I had just found from me and gave the quite sign and then swam off to her boy friend the group leader who I remember was trying to paddle with his feet but wasn’t going any where because he really didn’t know how to kick his feet.  This was the first time I had really seen him swim much and then I remember why he didn’t want to go on the 100 feet wreck dive, he would had never made it.
Well that was all the treasure we found that day, but I remember the group leader friend frantically taking land marks to be able to triangle late our location at a later date.
We got back to our hotel and the bells started to turn for the group leader to get a small battery charger a kitty litter plastic tub some wired alligator clips and silver spoon. At the time I didn’t know what they were doing but I figure it out spoon that they had made a electrolysis machine to clean off the coral.
I was never allow back in there room and when I ask about what we had found I was told it didn’t concern me and don’t ask again.   What could I say I was sponsored by them they had all the equipment and I had paid them to come here.  I figure why make a big deal out of it.  I talked it over with the my lawyer room mate and he suggested I just let it go. 
I found out later that my group leader and friend opened up a dive shop in the Keys in Marathon near the coffin patch area and in the dive shop in a glass show case they were showing off my find as if it was found by them.
Over thirty years have past and I never did get back to the Keys to see that piece, I still would like to see it and even wonder if that dive shop is even there.  I moved to California and my love of finding Spanish Treasure has never dwindled.  So the other day I was in my garage doing a search for something else and up can your web sight so my dream continues.  I found the story that I posted on the web some time ago but saved it,  I have heard about the other ships that went down off Catalina but the land is a State Par and you really can’t touch any thing if you found it.  I t just a dream….but this story is real.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27260.msg193167.html#msg193167

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: