[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ChristianTopic starter
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 04:20:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Hardluck!

Welcome to our forum. It's great to finally hear some news on Cocos Island. Would you mind telling us more about the two groups please? Thank you!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg41548.html#msg41548

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 05:05:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Christian

In regards to your question. The 2 research groups that are still researching the Cocos Island mystery are a collection of people from all walks of life from countries from all over the world.

One group belives that a famous treasure from history may been buried on the island at one time. They believe they can prove some stories and events from history are connected in some way to the legend of Cocos island. They Plan a book and documentary on the subject.

The other group has a more historical aspect on the orgins of some of the stories in which in some respects contradicts some of the other groups findings. They too are planing a documentary of some sorts.

Some members of both research groups have over years broken away from each over. Some have even gone from one group or another. There is much distrust between the two opposing groups. Each group in some respects is just as secretive as each other. Some times they have haggled no better than pirates themselves.

There is third group headed by Alex Capris, Who has of 2008 released a documentary about the Cocos treasure. He claims the Author Robert Louie Stevenson who wrote "treasure Island" Knew much more about the treasure of Cocos. He claims Stevenson discovered the real Cocos island near Samoa and over a two year period secretly recovered the treasure. However if you ever decide to do some very intensive research you will see the flaws in his theory.

I hope this has been of interest.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg41558.html#msg41558

Offline ChristianTopic starter
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 06:50:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Hardluck,

thank you very much for taking your time and providing us with thsi detailed posting! It has been very informative.

Have you also belonged to one of the two groups. About how many people total do you think are currently involved in these two groups?

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg41576.html#msg41576

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 02:58:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Christian

My contact with the above mentioned groups was via another story. It is hard to say how many are involved with one of the groups as they are very secretive with thier project. The other group is in the latter process of copyrighting thier research for future production of a documentary. There are a few hardcore researchers. And others who have researched small leads or looked for requested documents who know only little of the story. All gave thier time freely and are extremely interested in the project even if it is in only a small way.

Both groups in the past have had persons who had thier own agenda and self interest in the research, which caused many problems and failures. Today contact with the groups is on a needs only basis. They will not just take anyone into thier confidence. They will research you and see if your knowlege temperment and skills fit the require task at hand. If deemed suitable then you may be asked if you are intetrested in doing a some research. In a little by little contact arrangement. If you prove yourself to be more reliable over time and you may end up knowing much more beyond your wildest dreams.

Some times the real treasure is not Gold and Jewels, But the story itself. And perhaps in the next year or two we will all find out what a treasure story it really is!

I hope this will create a renewed and enlightened interest on the History of Cocos island.

May you find what you seek! Hardluck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg41740.html#msg41740

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 01:40:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Any updates on this mysterious Island , would be nice to have a good look around this famous Island
   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg85861.html#msg85861

Offline PubliusEnigma
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Switzerland

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 12:30:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello hardluck

You have written, that Alex Capris is leading a group of hunters for the cocos treasures. Did you mean Alex Capus? He is living near my home and has written a great book about Stevenson and cocos.

Greetings

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg87434.html#msg87434

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 04:27:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Publiusenigma

Pardon my pronunciation as I recalled the name from memory. It is same person. I recall he lives in Switzerland?

Hardluck  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg87477.html#msg87477

Offline PubliusEnigma
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Switzerland

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 04:43:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

He lives very near my home. Unfortunately i don't knoow him personaly yet, but i try to get in contact to him. I'm already in contact to an other person who has a deep knowledge about cocos and it's treasure hunters. But please tell me, from were do you have the information, that Capus is leading a group of investingations? I mean, his book about cocos is very different to the many others about cocos. For him Stevenson found the treasure on an other cocos island near Samoa.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg87482.html#msg87482

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 05:47:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Publisenigma

He was when producing his documentary. However I do not know if he is still researching the subject today.

But I know of the people he interviewed and they were not impressed by his methods. All he was interest in was trying to gather enough evidence for his own pet theory and discarded that did not fit in what he wanted to tell. Any serious researcher on the subject will find his documentary ludicrous. He had the money to make a very worth while documentary and yet he turned the subject into a circus.

There is a old saying. " Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg87508.html#msg87508

Offline PubliusEnigma
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Switzerland

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 12:57:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dear hardluck

Capus told a story. Yes, he tried to tell a new story, in german we would say an "originelle story". For serious researches his book has no new view. Only the live of Stevenson it self has new and important details. Your view about his book is not quite fair. Capus never said, that his book is a in german called "Sachbuch". How is it called in english? Facts-book? Capus has written a fiction book - and he say it so. But i agree, that his methods for serious hunters could be boring. I don't know him yet, but as a writer i can understand his point of view and his methods. As you said, he wanted to create a circus and maybe he was bored about all these different versions he got from so called serious investingationers. Maybe the creations of a circus is his revanche.

Well, my interests are a bit different from thouse of Capus. I won't write a book about the topic. Nor will i search for the treasures.

Thanks so far

Publius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1326.msg87607.html#msg87607

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: