[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 03:58:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dan . I am thinking about the lonely Chinaman who was persuaded to go to the USA to work on the railroad  . It was his only way to keep his family fed in China . He was kind of lonely and had to think about his family in China   every day . He found out that the people in the USA did not like him too much .  And now , at the end of his life he offered a coin he had safed for a long time  , to remember him of his native China  , to the Gods , to take care of his family in China that he was never to see again .   And Dan I think that is the coin you found .   Cornelius

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7166.msg44400.html#msg44400

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 04:12:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Danwebster , Cornelius and Everyone . To find an old Chinese coin in a Pennsylvania melted Glacial Lake does not make sense , unless the Chinese immigrated to the area 100 or 200 years ago . And the other idea "which is rediculous".... because the earliest chinese coins were around 1100 B.C. ? And the end of the Last Ice age was around 10,000 years ago ?  You stirred up some excellent questions here Today !!! Are you going back to the Lake again ? Wonder what else is buried there ? The Chinamen working on the Rail-Road is very possible Cornelius !!!!
Regards......HH.....Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7166.msg44404.html#msg44404

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 04:24:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes Eugene I think it is just a story of a China man throwing his last connection with his home-land into the water . Praying that the gods would take care of his relatives in China , now so far away from him and unreachonable .   Eugene the age of the glacial lake has nothing to do with this tragic story . I see it as a human story of suffering in a strange country . Far away from your loved ones . At the end of your rope .  This coin is not worth any thing moneywise  but as a great thing in showing us family ties and love  I would be proud to wear it around my neck .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7166.msg44408.html#msg44408

Offline danwebsterTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

2775.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites XLT  and  Surfmaster II
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 04:39:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I hope to get back to the same location with some hopeful permission from the property owner, this spot has been on my mind for a long time now. Could an Indian made an exchange for the coin and had it made into a necklace and lost it while fishing in the water or while collecting some clay from the bottom..but the arrowheads are made of slate?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7166.msg44411.html#msg44411

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 03:30:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius;

My uncle found a cache, many years ago, with a detector, in what was once a Chinese gold miner's camp, in southern BC. He was told the location had been gone over, many times, and no one had found anything of value.

Where he found the coins, was in a depression (probably once was a cellar,) in the depression, he found a ceramic ginger jar, full of the coins.

In BC, there is no historical record of routing of Chinese miners, so, what may have happened was, an accident or illness, perhaps the very owner of the cache. Being very superstitious, they would have abandoned the camp, with what they could carry.

I am referring to statements made, by BC Historian, Bill Barlee, who has expounded on the superstitious abandonment theory, often.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7166.msg44487.html#msg44487

goldigger

Offline Pookybear
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 02:56:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Those are allways fun to find.Ive omly found three in the last so many years.One in the garden area of a home built in 1910 .A friend of mine found one next to some railroad tracks,probably lost by a Chinese Railroad worker back in cowboy days. It had turned a pretty green color.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7166.msg48005.html#msg48005

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: