[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline lazooro
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Slovenia
Referrals: 0

125.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 36.0.1985.143
Chrome 36.0.1985.143

Awards

tejon, simplex
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 03:04:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes it is true I think that I can recognize coins just from touching them...most coins up to cca 300 years old- modern coins. Than also common Roman coins..but wasn't like that cca 12 years ago.
Back then I couldn't say difference between copies and genuine ones...yes of course learning was painful but now it is already dozen of years that I am each day dealing with coins...
This is also the reason why I smile when metal detectorists cannot ID common coins, I forget that I was like that not so long ago... I mean I collect for about 28 years but I was a kid and I had only some modern coins up to 50 years old.
Famous medieval numismatist Andrej Štekar said why I am kidding around and why I am not using my expertise and knowledge, so I took it seriously and now maybe 2-3 years I am selling mostly Roman coins in my LaZooRo ebay store with weekly new insertions! It turns that I am unable for other jobs so this one is my only and main income that I have. I was also regularly helping to ID coins & stuff (also on allexperts...) and so on but as I add listings and work all days around my store, I am completely unable to follow forums and this is main reason of my absent - THIS IS ALSO ANSWER to reply above.
Yes I would love to be here more often but unluckily I am really unable...these two days I was packing coins in envelopes from morning until evening and today is Thursday when I usually add 10 day listings.
Sadly year is terrible for many sellers and I can tell you that coins- for example nice Roman denarii worth 100$ are sold for 10$!!!!  Cry
This makes me cry and very sad because I depend from this sales...it is very hard to watch giving 100$ bill for a 10$ bill.. if anyone is here that buys Roman silver denarii for a normal prices I would be very happy! Hopefully also situation on ebay will soon improve so I could afford myself something more than just some bills and food....
Wish you luck to you all and kind regards
Lazar

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47620.msg280342.html#msg280342

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 36.0.1985.143
Chrome 36.0.1985.143

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 04:07:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by lazooro
Yes it is true I think that I can recognize coins just from touching them...most coins up to cca 300 years old- modern coins. Than also common Roman coins..but wasn't like that cca 12 years ago.
Back then I couldn't say difference between copies and genuine ones...yes of course learning was painful but now it is already dozen of years that I am each day dealing with coins...
This is also the reason why I smile when metal detectorists cannot ID common coins, I forget that I was like that not so long ago... I mean I collect for about 28 years but I was a kid and I had only some modern coins up to 50 years old.
Famous medieval numismatist Andrej Štekar said why I am kidding around and why I am not using my expertise and knowledge, so I took it seriously and now maybe 2-3 years I am selling mostly Roman coins in my LaZooRo ebay store with weekly new insertions! It turns that I am unable for other jobs so this one is my only and main income that I have. I was also regularly helping to ID coins & stuff (also on allexperts...) and so on but as I add listings and work all days around my store, I am completely unable to follow forums and this is main reason of my absent - THIS IS ALSO ANSWER to reply above.
Yes I would love to be here more often but unluckily I am really unable...these two days I was packing coins in envelopes from morning until evening and today is Thursday when I usually add 10 day listings.
Sadly year is terrible for many sellers and I can tell you that coins- for example nice Roman denarii worth 100$ are sold for 10$!!!!  Cry
This makes me cry and very sad because I depend from this sales...it is very hard to watch giving 100$ bill for a 10$ bill.. if anyone is here that buys Roman silver denarii for a normal prices I would be very happy! Hopefully also situation on ebay will soon improve so I could afford myself something more than just some bills and food....
Wish you luck to you all and kind regards
Lazar

I don’t doubt that if you gain experience dealing daily with Roman coins you will be able to spot a counterfeit.
But your first one word answer makes it difficult to give any credibility to it.
I also think that the price of the coins really depend on supply and demand.
Since the Eastern block countries open up thousands up on thousands of coins hit the market, legally or illegally and that is why in my opinion the price dropped.
I don’t want to upset you but why would i pay $100 when can buy the same thing for $10?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47620.msg280344.html#msg280344

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline lazooro
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Slovenia

125.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 36.0.1985.143
Chrome 36.0.1985.143

Awards

tejon, simplex
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 04:41:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

yes why would give 100$ for a 100$ dollar bill? If something is with estimated value and you are selling it for nothing than we don't need anyone to estimate those values... of course I work like that I buy bigger supplies for cheaper but when it comes to a single coin then I cannot afford to buy them and resale of course... but still I don't find around Roman denarii that are worth 100$ and more for 10$....for some I even could get 5$! As a buyer I would be amazed to find seller with such prices...hope we understood each other

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47620.msg280346.html#msg280346

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:42:28 am by lazooro »
Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: