[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline JesusfreakmccnTopic starter
Help - my detector has gone barmy and I havn't even found anything yet ?
Pull Tab

Control box in water detector now going barmby !
Help - my detector has gone barmy and I havn't even found anything yet ?
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 32.0
Firefox 32.0

Awards

Garrett 250 Ace
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:21:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hiya Folks Hello

I started to metal detect about 3 years ago and my first hunt was a absolute disaster to say the least. As I plucked up the courage to have another go I started a website/blog

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

www.learntometaldetect.com
to learn and share the topics I'd found useful in my attempt to get to grips with the hobby.

Now I realised that it wasn't so simple as finding a field and starting to swing. I humbly wrote my first two post on the site all about my pitiful attempt at metal detecting. Indeed, I recall sharing this with you all on a post on this very forum just last year. If you missed it you can read it by searching for '

Please Register or Login

'.

Whilst it does make good really and is very funny, there is a serious morale behind the story.....that is "treasure hunting is flipping difficult". I gained huge respect for the good folk on the forum that were clever (or maybe lucky) enough to actually be finding relics and treasure out there.

I wasn't used to failing at things and I was determined to crack this particular nut, learn, watch and practice for as long as it took me to be proficient.

I bought a new machine (old one fell in the river and no longer worked), bought books and went out hunting regular to refine my techniques. It wasn't long before I found myself kitted out with so much gear I could hardly walk including shovel, tool belt, pointer, gloves etc.

I actually was lucky enough to have a cousin who owned a farm and spent many hours, days, weeks, months and years honing my skills in wind, rain and snow.

I watched Youtube videos, discovered forums, blogs and websites where I could find topics about tips, resources, information, permission and how and where to search. I was a woman in what is, a predominately male dominated hobby, and I found myself on a mission.

I must confess, after my pathetic first attempted hunt, I never thought I would amount to much but there is something to be said for patience, perseverance and faith because, do you know what....I actually became quite good.

I became fascinated with the hobby and would find myself walking the dog looking in gutters, pavements and accessing the field on longer walks in the country.

I've always like writing and I found myself buying multiple books to learn all the major topics surround treasure hunting and metal detecting. So I had an idea; what if I wrote a book for you guys that covered all these areas and put it into one book. BOOM ! It took me a whole year to perfect it and make sure it was sufficiently comprehensive and yet succinct enough to cover all the ground I wanted in it. It was no mean feat I can tell you.

I've finally completed the book and so that it was in a convenient and reasonably priced, I decided to put it in a digital format that could be accessed quickly by simply downloading it to your computer, laptop, tablet or iPad. I'll hopefully be able to make it available to download as an App on iPhone and Android so it can also be referred easily in the field.

NOW.....I'll finish the post there as I've got lots to do before tomorrow to ensure everything is ready to GO GREEN. However, I promise I'll find time to do a special post again tomorrow for you guys. I know it is a global hobby and as such, it covers law, resources and issues relating to every where in the world. But I am English and as such, a patriotic English woman at that. So this forum in special to me. It's not called Detecting in England for nothing now is it!

Tomorrow I will be revealing to you a little more of what is contained in the e-Book with a few snippets of content by way of example. In the meanwhile if you can't wait that long click on the link below to see what all the fuss is about.

Please Register or Login

http://www.tripshandbook.com

Happy Hunting & God Bless

Claire Kiss

Posted on: September 19, 2014, 02:06:11 pm
Hiya Folks Hello

I started to metal detect about 3 years ago and my first hunt was a absolute disaster to say the least. As I plucked up the courage to have another go I started a website/blog

Please Register or Login

to learn and share the topics I'd found useful in my attempt to get to grips with the hobby.

Now I realised that it wasn't so simple as finding a field and starting to swing. I humbly wrote my first two post on the site all about my pitiful attempt at metal detecting. Indeed, I recall sharing this with you all on a post on this very forum just last year. If you missed it you can read it by searching for '

Please Register or Login

'.

Whilst it does make good really and is very funny, there is a serious morale behind the story.....that is "treasure hunting is flipping difficult". I gained huge respect for the good folk on the forum that were clever (or maybe lucky) enough to actually be finding relics and treasure out there.

I wasn't used to failing at things and I was determined to crack this particular nut, learn, watch and practice for as long as it took me to be proficient.

I bought a new machine (old one fell in the river and no longer worked), bought books and went out hunting regular to refine my techniques. It wasn't long before I found myself kitted out with so much gear I could hardly walk including shovel, tool belt, pointer, gloves etc.

I actually was lucky enough to have a cousin who owned a farm and spent many hours, days, weeks, months and years honing my skills in wind, rain and snow.

I watched Youtube videos, discovered forums, blogs and websites where I could find topics about tips, resources, information, permission and how and where to search. I was a woman in what is, a predominately male dominated hobby, and I found myself on a mission.

I must confess, after my pathetic first attempted hunt, I never thought I would amount to much but there is something to be said for patience, perseverance and faith because, do you know what....I actually became quite good.

I became fascinated with the hobby and would find myself walking the dog looking in gutters, pavements and accessing the field on longer walks in the country.

I've always like writing and I found myself buying multiple books to learn all the major topics surround treasure hunting and metal detecting. So I had an idea; what if I wrote a book for you guys that covered all these areas and put it into one book. BOOM ! It took me a whole year to perfect it and make sure it was sufficiently comprehensive and yet succinct enough to cover all the ground I wanted in it. It was no mean feat I can tell you.

I've finally completed the book and so that it was in a convenient and reasonably priced, I decided to put it in a digital format that could be accessed quickly by simply downloading it to your computer, laptop, tablet or iPad. I'll hopefully be able to make it available to download as an App on iPhone and Android so it can also be referred easily in the field.

NOW.....I'll finish the post there as I've got lots to do before tomorrow to ensure everything is ready to GO GREEN. However, I promise I'll find time to do a special post again tomorrow for you guys. I know it is a global hobby and as such, it covers law, resources and issues relating to every where in the world. But I am English and as such, a patriotic English woman at that. So this forum in special to me. It's not called Detecting in England for nothing now is it!

Tomorrow I will be revealing to you a little more of what is contained in the e-Book with a few snippets of content by way of example. In the meanwhile if you can't wait that long click on the link below to see what all the fuss is about.

Please Register or Login

http://www.tripshandbook.com

Happy Hunting & God Bless

Claire Kiss

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57819.msg282023.html#msg282023

Jesusfreakmccn

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.