[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Terrell BoazTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Chrome 46.0.2490.80
Chrome 46.0.2490.80

Awards
« on: October 27, 2015, 12:00:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My name is Terrell Boaz and I am a casting coordinator at Renegade 83 Inc. a Los Angeles based production company with multiple shows in production on major networks including A&E and The Discovery Channel.

We are in the process of developing a reality adventure show based around treasure hunting, in particular the search for some lost confederate gold located in the northern mid-west of the United States.

As of now, we are trying to gauge interest and see if we can find suitable contestants. If you or anyone in your organization would be interested in being a part of the hunt please email your contact info (Name,Email, Recent Photo, and a Brief Bio) to  for more info on becoming a part of the show, make sure to put TREASURE HUNT in the subject line.

Best,
Terrell Boaz

NOTE from Ridge Runner,     I have remove the link you will get no free rides off of us.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61054.msg302811.html#msg302811

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:28:20 pm by Ridge Runner »
Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
7%
Male
Australia

6075.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 41.0
Firefox 41.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 12:31:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

before you make any more posts read this.

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/chit_chat_everything_else/casting_for_treasure_hunting_reality_tv_show-t57902.0.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61054.msg302816.html#msg302816

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 46.0.2490.76
Chrome 46.0.2490.76

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 11:33:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

You guys are always chasing away the ones who will make us all Rich and famous.

Hahaha just kidding.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61054.msg302861.html#msg302861

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 41.0
Firefox 41.0

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 12:59:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Every TV show makes more and more Rules, Law and Regulations pop up to the top.  Not having any part of the Chit.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61054.msg302865.html#msg302865

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 46.0.2490.76
Chrome 46.0.2490.76

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 08:26:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh i know.  I  wouldn't do it even if I physically could.  I was just kidding.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61054.msg302886.html#msg302886

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 10:00:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Terrell Boaz
My name is Terrell Boaz and I am a casting coordinator at Renegade 83 Inc. a Los Angeles based production company with multiple shows in production on major networks including A&E and The Discovery Channel. Our website is .

We are in the process of developing a reality adventure show based around treasure hunting, in particular the search for some lost confederate gold located in the northern mid-west of the United States.

As of now, we are trying to gauge interest and see if we can find suitable contestants. If you or anyone in your organization would be interested in being a part of the hunt please email your contact info (Name,Email, Recent Photo, and a Brief Bio) to  for more info on becoming a part of the show, make sure to put TREASURE HUNT in the subject line.

Best,
Terrell Boaz

EDIT
First thing you need to Learn and understand is we are not (ALL) Treasure Hunters, We are Detectorists/Prospectors. If you can't tell difference then you are starting off on the wrong foot. The History and the Machines we use are the important factors along with the Kinship we have with each other Is a major part of this hobby, Learning the correct procedures and preserving the finds and the History is not something you learn in a day, and now you want to take all that and turn it in to a TV program to boost Ratings, But like all Reality programs we will be the ones shown in a poor Light and you will get paid to do this, Already you have shown us disrespect by assuming that we are stupid enough to fall for such a Ploy and the fact remains that you can not tell the difference between Detectorists and Treasure Hunters.

Which tells me that you have all sat down and come up with the Idea without doing the slightest bit of research and now you are under the impression that we are going to respect you as a Company, Remember you came to us not the other way round, That might help you lift the Skirts of Cheer Leaders but it won't work here,
I find it very hard to respect people who have a ME ME ME attitude that thinks the world owes them a living, Like most people here who are Vets from the Past conflicts, I will be £%$&ed If I will sit back and let someone who hasn't started shaving yet Take the Piss out of them with what you are Proposing, because they have Earned That Respect, I can't say the same About YOU.

You people make me sick, you want to Create a reality TV show pitching people against each other and Call it entertainment and then you will feed this crap to people world wide as Factual and then tell the viewers that is how detectorists behave, Just like you lot did with Ice Road Truckers and Axe men and the Gold prospecting series,

Now I am Telling you this, You will not make Detectorist look like Arseholes, Because we invested too much Time and Money to have our Hobby Slandered by a bunch of Pen Pushing people out to make a name for them selves at our Expense,, Some people here have invested over 40 years of their lives in this hobby which they cant get back Once you clowns have destroyed it by portraying them in a poor light, AND don't even bother saying you won't because Metal Detecting makes Lousy TV and digging pull tabs and bottle caps is not going to do it for your Viewers and you will keep showing a certain clip 4 times to build up the tension as you do with IRT and AM etc and when you show it in real time the program dies in the Arse.

We are not here for Vultures like your company to come here to feed off, If your boss has a problem with that Tell him to come and see me personally and I will remove any Grey Areas. and I'm not talking about the Colour of his Hair,

YOU wanna make A Program about detecting ?? Right go and spend a few thousand Dollars on machines and Accessories and teach your selves how to use them as we do and in about 2 or 3 years you might have something to add to a TV program, but you are not taking the easy way out and using us as Lab Rats and making us Look arseholes we have enough issue's with the public and Governments for 3 life times we don't need you stirring the pot, because your company gets the ratings and you get a Raise in Pay and we get the Shaft.

Sorry No Dice Spielberg,

If you want to discuss this properly and clear up any Issues then feel free to contact me and we will let the members decide,

RR

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61054.msg302898.html#msg302898

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:46:44 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 03:40:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
First thing you need to Learn and understand is we are not Treasure Hunters, We are Detectorists/Prospectors.

Actually, starting off with a mistaken assumption can elicit some comments you may not like. This will be one of them, I'm afraid.

I agree that this chap is way off base expecting any of us to come out and expose our methods. Why on earth would I, a TREASURE HUNTER, expose my successful methods of researching and finding treasure? To what end? Even being paid a "princely sum" by a network would hardly make up for the hordes of people later swarming all over my domain making a mess because nobody can see them. And mark my words, this is what will happen. Ours is a secretive group, we treasure hunters. Unlike detectorists we do not enjoy each others company just for the sake of it. We do things with trusted friends or family - not with an audience of drooling dreamers such as your audiences. Detector users often hunt in small groups of casual friends who become better friends for it.

The very name of this forum is thunting.com (short for Treasure Hunting) and once upon a time it was full of treasure hunters, although not so many lately. Sorry, RR, but metal detecting is just a fraction of what this board is about. We have deep sea explorers, designers of magnetometers & detectors, garage sale treasure hunters and, yes, detectorists. But to say we are not "treasure hunters" is precisely what drove some of the more serious treasure hunters away from this site in recent years. Treating this forum like it is the Walton Family Dinner Table discourages the serious pros who would never consider taking such a job anyway. I can count on one hand the number of treasure hunter here now. In days gone by we had at least 30 that I knew of. Oh, yes, we discussed a lot more in private than we do here. That's the nature of treasure hunting. Not talking about it on TV. Our egos are not stroked by fame but by uncovering that which was abandoned and remained hidden for a long time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61054.msg302900.html#msg302900

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:43:50 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 05:09:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Actually, starting off with a mistaken assumption can elicit some comments you may not like. This will be one of them, I'm afraid.

I agree that this chap is way off base expecting any of us to come out and expose our methods. Why on earth would I, a TREASURE HUNTER, expose my successful methods of researching and finding treasure? To what end? Even being paid a "princely sum" by a network would hardly make up for the hordes of people later swarming all over my domain making a mess because nobody can see them. And mark my words, this is what will happen. Ours is a secretive group, we treasure hunters. Unlike detectorists we do not enjoy each others company just for the sake of it. We do things with trusted friends or family - not with an audience of drooling dreamers such as your audiences. Detector users often hunt in small groups of casual friends who become better friends for it.

The very name of this forum is thunting.com (short for Treasure Hunting) and once upon a time it was full of treasure hunters, although not so many lately. Sorry, RR, but metal detecting is just a fraction of what this board is about. We have deep sea explorers, designers of magnetometers & detectors, garage sale treasure hunters and, yes, detectorists. But to say we are not "treasure hunters" is precisely what drove some of the more serious treasure hunters away from this site in recent years. Treating this forum like it is the Walton Family Dinner Table discourages the serious pros who would never consider taking such a job anyway. I can count on one hand the number of treasure hunter here now. In days gone by we had at least 30 that I knew of. Oh, yes, we discussed a lot more in private than we do here. That's the nature of treasure hunting. Not talking about it on TV. Our egos are not stroked by fame but by uncovering that which was abandoned and remained hidden for a long time.

I have to Agree with you GD and yes you are right I have added the word ( ALL ) to that sentence as it was written in haste.

The True Treasure Hunters will never reveal their sources, that is just as personal as asking someone how much money they have hidden away, Which to me is a Rude question, I know many people such as your self have spent years working on ONE lead, So this type of intrusion  could be deemed as offensive, Just the thought of this to me Screams MEL FISHER and the years of battles that man and his family went through and lost,

Unlike Detecting, Treasure Hunting for a certain quest has cost many a man years of his life just to come up empty handed and I would not be too impressed by being embarrassed publically just because a TV company wants to boost their ratings, Life will make a fool of me sure enough, It does not need a helping hand by a TV crew just to ensure the fact. What my eyes don't see the feet fall over.

Thanks GD for pointing those things out, As the views of a Treasure Hunter often get over looked,

RR

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61054.msg302902.html#msg302902

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: