[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline RHATSKYTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XP DEUS
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 06:11:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Gidday GD 1950 and nickel_n, whereabouts in OZ did you blokes hang about then or now. I have seen a lot of what no body sees, like the rough inland but not much coast although i live at Culburra Beach. Each year i would fly for 100 + hours on the Safari's in a 9 or 10 day comms run or drive 15,000 km in a road radio linking job. I never thought what a huge place i lived in and i haven't seen the bottom western third of the place. An American chap heard Peter and i sorting out the next days flights in a tucker shop at Tennant Creek and asked us if we had ever seen meteor strike marks from the air and was surprised when he realised i was always keen of the eye at dawn and told him of several. The chaps name, i think was Shoemaker, and he contacted us in Darwin and said "fantastic", will contact you later for more info. He told me about Acraman Crater in South Aust which we had never heard of and it turned out to be one of the worlds biggest. Cheers RHATSKY

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46989.msg259720.html#msg259720

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 07:25:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by RHATSKY
Gidday GD 1950 and nickel_n, whereabouts in OZ did you blokes hang about then or now.

I lived near Perth for 13 years. Never traveled out of the state except for a brief airport stop in Sydney once. Plane change. Too fast a stop for even a cab ride downtown.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46989.msg259722.html#msg259722

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XP DEUS
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 06:41:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gidday GD, Perth is nothing like the east side of Oz and i have only been there once i think in '72 when i went to lake Lefroy near Widgemooltha to mec for the Brian Collins speed attempts. We set 26 land speed records but the feature of the trip was riding an RD 250 from Perth to the site. I couldn't believe the country and also i wore the first full face helmet by Shoei and hated the thing. They paid me a dollar or two for the publicity but NEVER again in the rest of my career would i use that bucket. The BEAHA was good and Coopers is still the best, but in the east CUB (compulsary urine bank ) monopoly makes sure no one knows the taste of real beer. hope you are enjoying life over there cheers RHATSKY.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46989.msg259777.html#msg259777

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 09:17:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm not much of a motorhead these days. When I was a teen, kind of. I don't even like Top Gear.

But I sure did like Australia.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46989.msg259785.html#msg259785

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
8%
Male
Australia

6080.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 09:20:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am leaving in the big smoke (Melbourne). I wander most of the time at the golden triangle, and recently well last 4 years I got also in to under water detecting. Wetsuit and snorkel up to 1.5-1.8 meters deep. No scuba tangs yet. I am thinking of it. I got my scuba licenses many many years ago, I just need to talk myself in to it and fork the money for the tanks. Oooh just the thought puts a smile on my face.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46989.msg259786.html#msg259786

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XP DEUS
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 05:20:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Gidday all, just tried to send a bunch of photo's but your system said 500k top attachment so shoot me an email to maxs@swagnet.com.au and i shall return some photo's right baway and further ones as we finish the grave site. Farmer REX want to dress the site properly and has given us an old shearing shed and keys and an all time pass, right in the middle of a good hunting area so thats it to keep me busy for the next 5 years. Me happy scrounger and will send the Google co-ords of site later this week. Cheers Rhatsky

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46989.msg260057.html#msg260057

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 06:31:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by RHATSKY
Gidday all, just tried to send a bunch of photo's but your system said 500k top attachment so shoot me an email to maxs@swagnet.com.au and i shall return some photo's right baway and further ones as we finish the grave site. Farmer REX want to dress the site properly and has given us an old shearing shed and keys and an all time pass, right in the middle of a good hunting area so thats it to keep me busy for the next 5 years. Me happy scrounger and will send the Google co-ords of site later this week. Cheers

In the downloads area there is a free program called Photoresizer. You can download it as a member free and use it to reduce your images. No installation required. It runs right from your desktop.

Did I mention it's free?

There are no instructions but if you start it, you can figure it out. Resizes by pixels, kilobytes or percentage. Also does bulk photo resizing and preserves the originals. And it's free.

Posted on: June 09, 2013, 02:29:41 PM
Go here:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;id=82

And it's FREE!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46989.msg260061.html#msg260061

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 01:36:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
And it's FREE!
  Simple to use and does a very good job besides.........and did we happen to mention, it is free (as in gratis, as in won't cost one red (or whatever color they are ) Australian cent)  Kiss

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46989.msg260079.html#msg260079

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: