[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline WarrenGTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 10.0
MS Internet Explorer 10.0

Awards

model 67378 and a centech
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:53:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

We as diggers need to get on the state to open state park to rec metal detecting and let people have fun.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294121.html#msg294121

Offline roninrus1
Pull Tab

Thank you4

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

EXCAL II, AT PRO, ProPointer AT, Wife uses AT PRO, Pro Pointer, Daughter uses ACE 250, Pro Pointer
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 05:13:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds good, but!
We are palgued by a few who disregard any common sense.
They will dig massive holes and won't bother to even kick a little dirt back into the hole.
A few bad apples CAN and DO spoil a barrel!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294204.html#msg294204

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 36.0
Firefox 36.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:31:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

If permits are issued by daily use it would be easy to ban the bad apples.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294205.html#msg294205

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 36.0
Firefox 36.0

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:41:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes GD.   This is the One time I think permits would be a good idea.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294206.html#msg294206

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:08:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
    Yes GD.   This is the One time I think permits would be a good idea.

Though I hate big brother medaling in my affairs, both GD and Homie are right on. I belong to both a metal detecting club and a prospecting club, and we have identity tags, so that might be a way to control things.  Make it a prerequisite that only persons that are members in good standing with their club would be able to detect in the state parks. However, not all states prohibit recreational detecting or prospecting.  A good thing is that most clubs have rules and regulations including state mandated regulations about digging activities of their members. Our prospecting club has classes in teaching new and oldcomers about how to conducting themselves when out and about on the claims  as well as how to prospect and where. Most detecting clubs  expect their members to obey the Metal detectors code of ethics as well. Most of us are conscientious about what we do, but the bad apples just don't get it and should pay a price for heir actions. School is out now it's Spring break for you all. Wise Remember: LEAVE NO HOLES"

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294227.html#msg294227

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 41.0.2272.101
Chrome 41.0.2272.101

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:13:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by golddustcarl
Though I hate big brother medaling in my affairs, both GD and Homie are right on. I belong to both a metal detecting club and a prospecting club, and we have identity tags, so that might be a way to control things.  Make it a prerequisite that only persons that are members in good standing with their club would be able to detect in the state parks. However, not all states prohibit recreational detecting or prospecting.  A good thing is that most clubs have rules and regulations including state mandated regulations about digging activities of their members. Our prospecting club has classes in teaching new and oldcomers about how to conducting themselves when out and about on the claims  as well as how to prospect and where. Most detecting clubs  expect their members to obey the Metal detectors code of ethics as well. Most of us are conscientious about what we do, but the bad apples just don't get it and should pay a price for heir actions. School is out now it's Spring break for you all. Wise Remember: LEAVE NO HOLES"

Dusty Carl

I agree with most said, but I don’t want be forced to become a club member so I can detect.
Perhaps becoming a state register metal detector user and displaying an id/registration card when detecting will work.
By the way I belong to a metal detecting club for many many years. I joined because I want it to NOT because I was force to it.
Yes LEAVE NO HOLES

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294235.html#msg294235

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:26:37 am by nickel_n »

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Chrome 28.0.1500.94

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 01:16:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nickel_n
I agree with most said, but I don’t want be forced to become a club member so I can detect.
Perhaps becoming a state register metal detector user and displaying an id/registration card when detecting will work.
By the way I belong to a metal detecting club for many many years. I joined because I want it to NOT because I was force to it.
Yes LEAVE NO HOLES

I am not advocating forced joining Nick, just suggesting that people who do join clubs are more likely to be the ones that will help swing the states over to our side. Heck we don't want to rape the land, we just want to do something that is good for our health, maybe  find something that was lost, help clean things up a little, and have fun. We are the good guys. Another advantage is that you meet some of the nicest people in the world. Maybe pick up buddy or two. That's why I  joined. It has been quite beneficial to me. Same reasons I joined this forum. Lots of nice people here.

Dusty Carl  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294236.html#msg294236

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 41.0.2272.101
Chrome 41.0.2272.101

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 02:27:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by golddustcarl
I am not advocating forced joining Nick, just suggesting that people who do join clubs are more likely to be the ones that will help swing the states over to our side. Heck we don't want to rape the land, we just want to do something that is good for our health, maybe  find something that was lost, help clean things up a little, and have fun. We are the good guys. Another advantage is that you meet some of the nicest people in the world. Maybe pick up buddy or two. That's why I  joined. It has been quite beneficial to me. Same reasons I joined this forum. Lots of nice people here.

Dusty Carl  Smiley

Sorry Dusty. I misunderstood.
The way I read it was that you have to be a club member to be able to detect. No no! No no!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294237.html#msg294237

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Chrome 28.0.1500.94

Awards

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 11:28:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nickel_n
Sorry Dusty. I misunderstood.
The way I read it was that you have to be a club member to be able to detect. No no! No no!

Not jumping on you buddy, just trying to offer a suggestion. I thought of another thing. Clubs are organizations, and as so they have more clout than a single person. They can be spokespersons for us in such matters. You don't have to join, but you can support their actions. In Arizona, there is no specific legislation banning recreational metal detecting. However, there are areas where that are archeological, or ecologically sensitive where digging or removal of the soil is prohibited. Also most of our cities have developed similar policies. If your state has a ban in their parks, I will be glad to support you in whatever  way I  can to help to get that changed.

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294245.html#msg294245

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 36.0
Firefox 36.0

Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 11:49:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

I despise Government Control.   Bottom line is We The People Own all of America.  Forest, Parks,   and National Parks.   The Government has forgotten who works for who.    It seems now days that the Government thinks they can charge you to see your own Property.   One time I made a trip to yellow Stone and the nice lady in the Marked Truck pulled up by my van.  She Yelled "What are  you Doing"   I said I was looking for fish.  She said "Your Stepping on the Grass"   I paid $35.00 for the three of us in the van.   I was not allowed to walk on the Grass to see the fish in the Creek.?  WTF?   She Kindly told me I was going to get a $700 ticket if I did not move.    Im I Messed up or was she.Huh???

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60030.msg294246.html#msg294246

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: