[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Rob WalterTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

66.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« on: April 26, 2013, 02:09:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Folks and Strangers,

A general question for opinions.  I have a lot of time on my hands, and a small publishing company all my own, and interested in creating a new periodical, and calling it The Modern Gold Rush.

The topic is Everything Found Has A Cash Value.  For miners, recyclers and treasure hunters alike.  We could post all sorts for treasure hunting and mineral collecting, and all manner of found things, include the most recent national spot prices and links to find the most recent price schedules, and resources on how and where to get appraisals, and the like.  There would be a section for sales ads, and a bulletin board.

Is anybody interested in this sort of magazine?  Yes, your opinion counts, and I do want to hear from you if you have something serious to say.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46845.msg256896.html#msg256896

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

gold-bullion.jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:00:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Rob, from a 100% selfish viewpoint, I see no good from the TV shows that make everyone watching think they are the next greatest treasure hunter out there. Some of them have gone out, bought detectors and made a true shame of themselves by ruining parks, leaving horrible messes behind and just giving the rest of us a bad name. I hate to predict what a magazine will do. I suspect much the same.

I hope I'm wrong and I wish you the best of luck with your new endeavor. I'd change my mind if every article also had a bent towards personal responsibility in treasure hunting. Ethics also.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46845.msg256900.html#msg256900

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:16:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

I Concur with GD's Assessment.    A few TV Networks have made moderate scores at the cost of all of the Professional and Hobby folks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46845.msg256914.html#msg256914

Offline Rob WalterTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

66.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 10:25:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi again Golddigger,

This rag will have little to do with treasure hunting (depending on your definition of treasure), and more to do with following the footsteps of American Mining Journal, except taken into the new era (today) and devote almost half of the articles to good old fashion recycling.  The theme here is to turn everything into a Modern Gold Rush.

I have spent 50 years in the field of mining, gem collecting, and recovery of everything from mercury to platinum, and I feel there isn't enough out there to open the eyes of the common couch potato that wishes he could do something profitable.  I have a trailer of scrap (ton) going to recycling next week just from my little hobby projects and household collecting.  Better to recycle than waste.

Then also, there should be space in the magazine devoted to hard rock and placer mining of all types, as well as the good old metal detector gurus that find their niche with that activity.  I personally meet all those challenges from day to day, with the exception of not physically being able to do the hardest of that work and travel as before, and I would like to make something to make a difference to a lot of folks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46845.msg256915.html#msg256915

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: