[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline cacheTopic starter
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 09:11:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

well if I can get out to hunt tomorrow, I'll meet ya here. IT'S ON...Lets see what we can find!! Good Luck!!!  Huh? says its going to be 44 here tomorrow

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg286759.html#msg286759

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:12:45 pm by cache »

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 10:04:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cache
well if I can get out to hunt tomorrow, I'll meet ya here. IT'S ON...Lets see what we can find!! Good Luck!!!  Huh? says its going to be 44 here tomorrow

Well it'll be a little warmer than that here so I hope you do get out. Just remember the different time zones. We don't observe daylight savings here, so you've got an hour on me to start, but I got an hour on you to finish.  Cheesy So you might be first to post. Just got my silver rating  here at Thunting, so maybe that will bring me good luck and I'll get some silver tomorrow. (I hope). Gold would be better, but I'll take what I get and be happy about it.  Kiss.
I accept the challenge, and may both of us win.

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg286761.html#msg286761

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Knight
Silver Member

Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 10:35:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

opps........ Huh?    I forgot you where in GOLD Country, lol.... Will coal count?  Black gold... Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg286763.html#msg286763

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 10:51:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cache
opps........ Huh?    I forgot you where in GOLD Country, lol.... Will coal count?  Black gold... Undecided

Texas Tea? Lets keep it to coins and jewelry. The only gold I'm going to find in these parks might be a discarded gold wrapper off a candy bar. Grin It's over 50 miles 1 way to the nearest gold field. LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg286765.html#msg286765

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 04:04:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well Cache I got out today to a park I have never been to before. Set the Tesoro Vaquero detector to max sensitivity and max discrimination and only dug strong signals. This is all I got. Got a lot of "iffy" signals that might have been coins, so I will go back next time and go a lot slower. Detected for 3-1/2 hours, but got tired and hungry. Park is medium size and only detected part of it. Funny that I found these coins only at the the corners of a picnic ramada where the trash barrels were and where you usually find nothing but trash. I tried a portion of the tot-lot but found nothing. Maybe somebody had been there before me. Weather was warm and ground was medium moist from a recent irrigation.

How about you? Were you able to get out today? If not, we can extend the challenge  time till you can. Smiley

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg286791.html#msg286791

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

10_09_14 coin finds.jpg

GOLDDUST CARL

Knight
Silver Member

Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 07:32:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

3.87 and a something in the dirt clod? I kept something in the dirt clod and brought it home to keep it interesting in case we had a tie, lol. Funny you described just about what I did. I went to the baseball diamonds we have here in our town (Girard, Ks) which the population of our town  is 2800 or so. The town came to be, around 1890 I think. So...Taking a guess the ball diamond was built around the 70's maybe. Like you, I turned my discrimination a little higher than I would hunt normally and dug only solid beeps. I did dig a dozen or so pull tabs. I've hunted this ballpark several times but usually only where folks park there cars. I've found alot of coins there as folks get there key's out of there pockets and spill some change. Anyway, this time I stayed around the concession stand and at first I thought I was doomed. But than they started sounding off. One hole held a pocket spill as it had 77 cent's in it. 3 quarters and 2 penny's.   I may be the only one in Girard who hunts the parks in Girard? One thing about the ball diamonds and city park are that they are always refurbished yearly. The city park has a pool. Twenty years ago when I came to Girard, I had an older white's detector. I remember finding several silver coins in the park where the baby pool was (no fence) and parents would sit around the edge of the pool watching there children. Anyway...WE GOT OUT, and it was the challenge that got me to go out. Oh, and I too hunted 3 hours and my legs are letting me know about it!!! Thanks for the fun, we will do it again. Supposed to be in the 60's Sat. I need to go see what's in the dirt clod!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg286817.html#msg286817

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

SAM_2465.JPG
SAM_2467.JPG

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 09:23:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great finds Cache. That clod looks like something that has a chain attached to it. (Jewelry find ?) Way to go.  Clapp. I might go again tomorrow. The weather is going to be good again tomorrow. Bringing a second detector to find out what them other "iffy" signals were. Some of the corroded copper pennies I found didn't even trigger the detector such as the one with the hole in it. It was laying directly on the surface of a muddy area. I saw it after the detector went over it. Not a peep. Found another penny 6 feet away that was down 4 inches that didn't have any corrosion. Go figure. The strange thing is that most of the coins were near the trash cans. Past experience told me to stay away, but I was kind of dragging the detector along on the way to the tot-lot when it gave a loud beep. Was curious so I got out the pointer and after locating it I popped out a dime. Would never have stopped there. Turned up several other coins in the same general area, so I did the whole perimeter around the Ramada (25 ft X 25 Ft) and turned up the rest of the coins. All near the trash bins on the 4 corners. Shocked
Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg286839.html#msg286839

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:30:30 pm by golddustcarl »

GOLDDUST CARL

Knight
Silver Member

Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 10:24:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'll go dissect the dirt clod before  I go to bed, its a string hangin out of the clod, Those coins you found near the trash....Could it be that someone burned a bunch of clothing?? Maybe an old desk of drawers???............................OK, I just checked the clod, another penny grand total 3.88 we'll do it again soon.....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg286844.html#msg286844

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:32:41 pm by cache »

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Chrome 28.0.1500.94

Awards

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 11:50:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Can hardly wait. Right now I am confined to the house with a cold. Rats! Angry Congrats on your finds.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg286874.html#msg286874

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Raverconvict
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Chrome 40.0.2214.91
Chrome 40.0.2214.91

Awards

BH 1100
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 06:45:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Finds from South Lake Tahoe, CA......Found in 2" of water and 8" of soil that was in 5' of water last year.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg290239.html#msg290239

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

HAL - WIN_20150122_183514.JPG

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:47:15 pm by Raverconvict, Reason: More, detailed info. »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: