[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline metal maniaTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:01:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

In the process of saving for a cscope pi detector looked all over the net could only find a couple of reviews for pi machines however is cscope the best kept secret so any member reviews would be great

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg68514.html#msg68514

Offline vaquero44
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tesoro deleon, vaquero, silver umax, golden umax,
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:38:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

well when you do get it definitly give us results becuase for the money that looks like a honey for sure!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg68524.html#msg68524

Offline pa kettle
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

c-scope CS3MX / Minelab Etrac
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:00:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quite a few here in the UK highly rate the C-scopes. Quite a few say, that a weakness of C-scope, is the low prices !   Lips Sealed

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg109804.html#msg109804

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:44:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Not much info on them here.

Marketed in the UK , we don't see many.

I would love to see the insides of one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg109807.html#msg109807

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:36:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,
I've had a few c-scopes and there's a good reason why there aren't too many reviews.
They are, quite frankly, not that good!
The models I had (770, 990 cs2m and a few others I can't even remember).
They are "Budget" machines with "Budget" performance to match.
The cs2m I had wouldn't find a small silver even if it was on the surface!
 Thumbs Down

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg109848.html#msg109848

Offline pa kettle
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

c-scope CS3MX / Minelab Etrac
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 07:17:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0Vz1dNSWw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0Vz1dNSWw</a>

Here is a vid by Norfolk Wolf using the latest C-Scope - CS3MX model.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg109987.html#msg109987

Offline Ewan
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 02:21:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well "metal mania", I suppose this post is now far too
late to do any good, but I thought I'd post anyway.

I've owned a cscope cs4pi for six months now.
I purchased it so I could specifically follow my
detecting buddies out on to the wet sand on the
many beaches where I stay.

I can only say that I haven't been disappointed with
the detector, in fact I'm delighted with the way its
performed - worth every penny.
In fact, on comparing signals with my pals, its held
its own against the well-known Minelabs.
Simple to set up and a joy to use.

Forget using it on fields - haven't found one yet
that it's been happy on - it's for the beach only!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg131727.html#msg131727

Offline Blackhat
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Various Pulse machines. Nautilus, Minelab, Teknetics, Discovery.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 08:57:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

The 4PI is excellent value. Developed from Eric Foster's 6PI design but the price radically reduced by dropping the meter and using the control box design used for the 6PI's big brother, the 7 UMD (underwater metal detector).

Not waterproof like the much more expensive Whites Surfmaster P.I. but Whites compromised the performance of their machine to give the appearance of a smooth running detector.

Most C-Scopes are good machines and if you buy mid or top range compete well except in the fact that C-Scope doesn't tend to produce optional coils. You get the stock one and if lucky a ten inch. Some models had a five inch for busy sites. These were often included for free.
As mentioned by pa kettle they set the prices to low and to buy foreign is the fashion in the U.K. If a machine is twice the price its got to be twice as good....they think.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg133053.html#msg133053

Offline danfloun
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

CSCOPE CS4PI
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 11:50:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

I know this is an old thread but I thought it only right to offer a non-bias review.

I can't speak for the older CSCOPE detectors, but the newer ones as of 2010/11 are spot on and excellent for the cheap price.
Yes there are downsides, no removable coils, but my CS4PI has a 10" search head anyway and it works well.

The CS4PI is advertised as a beach device and it does this extremely well. In fact, I'd happily use it over an Minelab Etrac or similar.
The only problem is that it has no discrimination, this means you have to dig every signal, at least until you become familiar with it's ways. This discrination problem is a downside of pulse induction detectors, not the engineering or design of the detector.

Be prepared for some very frustrating days out. But after the first 2-3, you will be loving it.
The CS4PI also is great on other terrain like stubble fields, but again, no discrimination means you dig a lot more junk than a detector with dis.

However, if beach isn't your thing, the CS3MX is a superb bit of kit also. You cannot go wrong at the price and I can guarantee you won't find anything 'better' for the money. Maybe on par though!

So why use Pulse Induction if it has no discrimination? - Because it goes deep, I mean really deep! I once found a target on the beach, I asked my friend (who has an Minelab Etrac) if it was iron! He couldn't even detect a signal! I could, so I dug it and found a really nice roman brooch, good condition too.

So, you may spend time digging much junk up with the CS4PI, but there is nothing deeper for on the beech.
Prefer something more universal with discrimination? - get the CS3MX or better.

One more thing, finding great stuff is less about the detector in your hand, and more about the research you do and the hours you spend detecting.

Dan

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg170474.html#msg170474

Offline pelanj
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Czech Republic

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 06:37:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have a CS1MX for around 10 months and I have tested it in the fields, pastures and salt water beaches as well. I will share my impressions with this starter machine (it is my first MD).

It has a very simple user interface, two knobs. One for the threshold, one for the discrimination. It is powered by a single 9 V battery. Sensitivity is fine, I was getting coins at 8 - 10 inches (20 - 25 cm) depending on the size. Once you get used to the discrimination, it gets very effective and even at 6 - 7 you do not lose any sensitivity. I use discrimination in that area almost all the time and I dig only very rusty and odd shaped pieces of iron, which I would dig with almost any detector. It can be used on beaches, easily in the dry sand, with reduced sensitivity or falsing in the wet sand as well. The targets are recognisable amongst the false signals, but it can be a bit tiring. During one 4 hour hunt, I was rewarded for my patience with a silver bracelet, small silver ear ring (5 mm diameter ball type), two childrens silver ring and one gold womans wedding ring. Also many coins, bottle caps, pull tabs and few rusty iron pieces (this time I kept the disc low and dug almost everything). However beach is not its primary destination.

To sum up, the sensitivity to very small items is brilliant. It can find lead pellets (4 mm diameter) and small pieces, which are sometimes hard to find in the dirt. It loves coins and rings. However, it is not a deep seeker.  It has a solid construction and is dirt and to some extent also water resistant (there are rubber o-rings at the pot shafts, rubber seal in the main compartment and a speaker with a plastic membrane). There are two things I do not like - the stem is made of two pieces, I would prefer three smaller ones (it does not fit into my air travel suitcase). The second is the hard wired coil, I prefer to have a choice. On the other hand, the hard wired coil means that the internal detector settings are optimized for it.

It is a very nice piece of gear and it will stay with me even though I have recently got an EuroSabre II with a 12"x10" DD coil. I often lend the C.Scope to my friends who sometimes go out hunting with me. I would recommend this machine for beginers or as a second machine to anyone. I would not be afraid to say that C.Scope is the "Tesoro from Europe". High quality stuff for a good price. The popular CS3MX is an upgrade from CS1MX, gets a hair deeper, has a pinpoint mode and a tougher case with 8 AA battery supply. I think it is worth it to add a few bucks and get the CS3MX, but I was strictly limited with the budget and did not want to wait any longer to get my first machine last September:) One important difference is in the discrimination - 6 on a CS1 is different from 6 on a CS3.

And as a bonus, I will share a few pictures of the CS1MX inside:) The last picture shows the finds from one beach session - the two junk rings were found with another detector a few days before.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10772.msg175664.html#msg175664

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

case1.jpg
case2.jpg
circuit-board1.jpg
circuit-board2.jpg
some-finds.jpg

Print