[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Tony66Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 10:18:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Icandigit
The thing I like to do is grave dowse. 

Huh?
Grave Dowse, I've never even heardof that before. Is it different from dowsing for water and such? How do you differ between the two, how do you make the rods move for a grave but not for water and such? That really ups the interest level, not for treasure but for the mystique, myth and maybe just one of the unexplainable mysteries of the universe.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3925.msg28538.html#msg28538

Offline Icandigit
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 10:41:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

The rods will cross for graves like anything else you search for.  Your main problem is your ability to focus on what you want to find.  Lots of info on the subject on the net and it is interesting to do as you can determine the size and the sex of the person with practice.  I've been learning more every year I do it and it does take practice and I'm no expert by any means.  Where I live there have been lots of Indian tribes and burial grounds are to be respected so there is a useful purpose for it as many of them are not marked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3925.msg28539.html#msg28539

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 10:45:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

A gravesite has to be respected . As you say !  But if you don't dig them up how do you know it is a gravesite ? That must just be guesswork in my opinion .   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3925.msg28540.html#msg28540

Offline Icandigit
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 11:08:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Some were buried in single mounds and rows, yes it's guess work, but the rods crossing will determine the size, shape, and yes even the sex.  Energy is energy so it might be animal or human but normally people never buried animals in rows.  You can probably find fault with anything anyone does and that is ok, but realize I'm not expert and don't claim to be, I have never taken money for what I do,  so maybe it is guess work but I research what I do before I do it.  It's not just jump out of the car and hocus pocus here's one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3925.msg28542.html#msg28542

Offline Tony66Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 11:23:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

I live pretty close to a park/preserve that is known to have been inhabited by native americans back in the day. i also know that there are a few burial mounds in there that are unmarked so people wont disturb them. The only reason I know that they are there is because one of the park rangers told me about and the cultural center hints to it but don't say exactly yes or no. You can't MD in the park (for obvious reasons) but it would be awesome if I could get the rods to work and then do it at the park. If I did find a mound (s), I could probably ask the ranger if I was even close. Just knowing that I was within a few feet of it would have to be a wild feeling. I may be dreamiong out loud but I think I'm going to try to build a set and give it a try.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3925.msg28543.html#msg28543

Offline Sedonan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 11:38:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Many years ago my mentor Dr. Frances Farrelly was asked by an archeologist if she could locate specific graves in an area thought to be a native American burial site. She was in Florida, and the site was somewhere in the northeast. Fran located several burial sites in that particular area, and then completely dumbfounded the searchers. She said that one of the bodies would be found in an upright position. The archeologists did in fact locate a burial site with the occupant in a full upright position, less than 1/2 meter from the dowsed spot.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3925.msg28545.html#msg28545

Him thief him fren' of him last Guiney
  Him kill both Priest and Friar,o dear.
    Him cut de troat of piccanniny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer.

Offline Icandigit
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 11:41:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well it works.  I grew up next to a field where it was rumored to be a burial site.  We had found all kinds of arrowheads and stuff when working in the fields.  It wasn't long before people started digging in the field trying to unearth bones and stuff.  I find it so offensive at how people are and it is no different to going to the local grave yard and start digging.  You can test your skills if you have ever buried a pet in the yard.  The rods will tell you the size and the shape of the object that is there.  It is like any other form of dowsing.  I have always been amazed at water dowser that can tell the flow rate of the water they find.  When I want to dig something, I get the metal detector out and dig what I find with that.  Don't need to have a curse uncovered or something by what I dowse

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3925.msg28546.html#msg28546

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: