[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline SueTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States
Referrals: 0

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 09, 2006, 10:00:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Has anyone been dowsing the satellite images on Google Earth?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,806.msg5772.html#msg5772

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 08:36:07 am by Sweet Sue »
Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 11:53:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

I like using satelite color photo's  when I can zoom in close enough. Otherwise, I use  B&W aerials from Terra server. On full Zoom, they both usually put my Dowsed locations within 200 feet of the actual target. Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,806.msg5804.html#msg5804

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 11:56:50 am by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline SueTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 03:38:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This sure looks like impact craters to me out in the native prairie grassland. If meteorites caused them, they'd probably be so deep that a metal detector wouldn't be of use.

Later . . . . My husband is rolling his eyes and telling me that I'm seeing the shadows of rocks NOT impact craters. He has a pretty good track record of always being right, so back to square one. Sue

I saw photos of the guy finding those big meteorites and he was hauling some special metal detector behind a four wheeler around in a field. I think their depth was only 4 ft or so, but I don't believe a common metal detector would have found them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,806.msg5825.html#msg5825

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

divot.jpg

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 07:33:52 pm by Sweet Sue »
Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 04:58:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The last 2 were found with metal detectors hh

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,806.msg5834.html#msg5834

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 11:00:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I posted this  comment & reply on TNET, but it is applicable here as well.  Dell

Mr. Xupz, I call myself a ProfessionalTreasure Hunter/Salvor. Do you consider that delusional?

In my occupation, Map, Photo, and Information Dowsing have proven to be invaluable research tools.

Your criticism  of me expresses your lack of experience, knowledge and wisdom. There is much the human mind is capable of  learning but,

"The door to knowledge and understanding is never open to a closed, or prejudiced mind"  Dell

---------------------------------------------------

Once again, I'm a statistician. You do have some concept of what we do in our jobs yes or no? This is a serious question, I would like hear what you think statisticians actually do then have the balls to call me "delusional". I'm not the one who spends more time defending your wizard tactics to the death and can't even PROVE anything. So who's the one who's delusional?

WOW! I didn't expect my size 16  hillbilly snake squashers which support my Cranium  computer, would be stomping on a statistician's intellectual egotism. It appears a statistician can make errors also. No where in my comment do I suggest you are delusional. That is an inference you apparently tagged for your self in your emotion.

You are correct on the lack of experience. I have never dowsed. I have also never once seen any studies or experiments conducted which prove dowsing in any shape or form. Take a look at all the dowsers here. Not a single one of them has proven ANYTHING.

Most of us are here to share our personal experiences with Dowsing. (It's a Dowsing forum) Your expectations of us on a public forum may be  unrealistic. What proof of  each of our individual experience would you have us provide? Certainly, nobody has asked you proof of your ability as a statistician. 

Instead of them trying to figure out ways to validate their claims, they just simply state "oh you don't understand, I have a power".

I can't speakfor other Dowsers, but I am certainly not endowed with any special power, or gift. In my experience, any one with intelligence can learn to develop their mind to Dowse with a degree of accuracy. It's a slow meticulous learning process and requires patience and practice to become profecient

They have and will fail every single time because dowsing is a joke. My claim is that dowsing is 100% completely false and it is put forward by a bunch of delusional people who are either uneducated, delusional, or scamming. Feel free to prove me wrong, it's just as arbitrary as any of you claiming to be able to dowse yet can't prove anything.

Your opinion is your own, and apparently has no basis since you have never learned to Dowse and speak from personal experience.

In academics and research, if you made any claim this ridiculous you had better be able to support it with data.

In academics, or on this forum, I don't make any claims that I haven't experienced first hand, and many of those events  have been  witnessed and photographed by observers.

"ProfessionalTreasure Hunter/Salvor" What the hell degree is that? Oh, it's an "occupation". Where exactly does dowsing qualify as a research methodology? 

Research through dowsing provides  me a starting point to search for a specific anomaly.

Stating that I lack knowledge and wisdom followed up by an irrelevant quote is ignorant to say the least.

Regarding Dowsing,  by your own closed minded comments it appears to be a truism.

Once again a dowser resorts to using a broad philosophical argument regarding a "prejudiced mind". Here's a quote of my own:

?A judicious man uses statistics, not to get knowledge, but to save himself from having ignorance foisted upon him.? - Thomas Carlyle

That quote is spot on. Now how about after 15* posts one of you dowsers actually link me to any experiments conducted, data, methods used, anything that has some actual DATA regarding performance measures on dowsing. 

I prefer to honor what Dowsing has proven to me in the field to be fact, rather than  armchair statistics]

However, I would also be interested in stastical data about my own limited Dowsing ability.  Perhaps I could provide you with the circumstances of witnessed and photographed finds from actual Dowsing events, and you can provide me the statistical odds of probability of coincidence.

Also will someone please list some "excuses" that may interfere with your so called dowsing abilities  Smiley

No excuses!  Dowsing, may continue work for me, or it may not.  I don't control the results. Each time I Dowse a location, or Information, I have no way of  knowing if the target is going to be there  until I see the physical results.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,806.msg5919.html#msg5919

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: