[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Dell_WindersTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« on: November 01, 2006, 12:55:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

MY OPINION, AS POSTED ON TNET.

Quote:Posted by {author}
But most of the time it seems like all we discuss is some stupid contest that will only prove if ONE PERSON can Dowse or not. (ART)

Yes, that's what the challenge is for... to see if ONE person can dowse or not. So far, not even one person has been able to do it. (CARL)

What a bunch of BS. These so called challenges have  proven them selves to be nothing more than long running Publicity Gimmicks that serve the Skeptic Org. agenda, to justify  their prejudice  to mock, bash, badger, and harass people  who Dowse, in the public arena. (DELL)

These contest will not answer the question that you are seeking or provide any answer to the big question in your mind ...DOES DOWSING WORK.  (ART)

But it does. When so-called experienced dowsers fail over and over and over in randomized blind trials, it provides a body of evidence that suggests dowsing does not work in the way dowsers would like to believe.  (CARL)

NO! That's more  Skeptic deception. Their tests are designed strictly to justify what the Skeptic wants to believe, Not what the Dowser would like to believe. As a person who uses dowsing for Treasure hunting regularly, belief has nothing to do with it.  The benefits of Dowsing for Treasure sites are an established fact, lest it would be a waste of my time.(DELL)

And it would answer the question, "Does dowsing work for Art?" After all, how can you help people with dowsing if it turns out you can't do what you think you can do?  (CARL)

Now there is a non-intelligent rationale intended to publicly  throw doubt on Art's credibility.  Apparently, Art already knows dowsing is working for him, just as I already know it works and have shown witnessed, documented examples, that Dowsing does indeed work well for me,   just as Carl, & Randi, know they can't pass their own tests. even if they learned to Dowse.  So, what's the questionable mentality, and real purpose  behind this  self righteous harassing and badgering,  with inference that  Dowsers are either mistaken, mis-guided, or liars, on a public forum. Or, that  taking a non-applicable  test pushed by Scientific Pretenders solves anything, or proves that a Dowser is lieing , or otherwise mistaken about what they do? Are Treasure hunters that Dowse considered  guilty, until they are proven innocent by  two prejudiced  critics? Apparently Carl, thinks that way.   (DELL)/color]

Art, it's a million dollars if you can do it. There's no loss if you can't. You don't even have to tell anyone. At the very least, you'll get to see how the process works, so maybe, just maybe, you won't keep posting wrong information about it. - Carl

Ah Yes, the bait, the illusion  of getting rich quick, that  Randi, and Carl, use to attract the suckers. The publicity gimmick wouldn't work without the sucker bait, and a few shills spread around pushing it.(DELL)

The Skeptic gang is getting to sound like a broken record to promote negativity in their  effort to convince viewers that folks who Dowse are of inferior intelligence to them, mis-guided, or liars, incabable of understanding fact, or truth , and are not  credible witnesses to Dowsing. (DELL)

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5084.html#msg5084

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 03:40:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This should be an intereseting topic discussion. Grin Grin

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5188.html#msg5188

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 05:19:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Steve.  Here's more from TNET:

Do you actually think that just because Carl believes you will fail a dowsing test, you will actually fail because of his beliefs?

AF1733, your imagination appears to be going beserk with your twisting of  Sansted's words. Carl, has honestly stated that he has ammended his requirements ( actually several times) to make it difficult for any one to claim the prize money. (would  you blame him for doing so?) It is indeed a test. (you have to pass his test, under his requirements, to be able to win his challenge).  The person being tested does not have Carte Blanche, over the testing as Aft1733 seems to imply. There are rules set by Carl. After all it is his money and it is common logic that he is going to protect it from being taken. Wouldn't you make it as diffi as possible to win if it was your money? There is good reason Carl, and Randi, have  made their challenges foolproof, least they would have lost their money years ago.

As an example why it is necessary for Carl, or Randi, to think ahead of the ways their money could be lost and amend their requirements or rules to prevent folks from taking their money...

Randi, and Carl, have badgered me for years to take their test. Carl, claims my products don't work because he says they are  Dowsing devices, and Dowsing doesn't work,  even though I have been using them for many years professionally conducting RSD surveys with proven results and letters of reference from satisified clients. 

So I agreed with Carl, that my products don't work and I would take his  $25,000 Challenge and let his test prove that my products don't work.   Carl,  declined to test my product on that basis, and no longer keeps bugging and badgering me to take his test.  Rightly so,  Carl, has added a  rule that,  the device must do something. Of course that really botches the chances of any of my products winning the challenge. The truth is, I  can set the critter on the ground and it doesn't beep, jiggle, or move. It doesn't do anything but sit there.  I test compared and turned on a metal detector and set it on the ground. At least it started buzzing when it went out of tune.

This is  true, and is a ridiculous example. But not near as ridiculous as the pursant arguments to  deceptively try to convince viewers how easy it is to win these Gimmick challenges and that Treasure Hunters who use Dowsing to benefit their searches should take Randi, or Carl's, Publicity gimmick  tests seriously.  The tests they propose  have no significance whatsoever to practical Treasure hunting  in the field, or designed to measure brain wave activity that would show if Dowsing, is anything more than a figment of the Dowsers imagination. They are meaningless.

Randi, legally offers his test as being only a Challenge.  The Scientific implications have been dropped. And it is indeed an extreme challenge, which is obviously designed not to be won by his use of  an inappropriate test.  It's an obvious long running PUBLICITY GIMMICK. I'm sure Randi, himself would be obliged to agree with that, and he has made sure  his investor money for the challenge has remained legal,  and  safe.

But Carl, says  his test:
provides a body of evidence that suggests dowsing does not work in the way dowsers would like to believe.  (CARL)
And Carl, has  expressly designed  his test to prove that point. It's a copy-cat publicity gimmick, that is proven to work,  and to Carl's credit, he has never denied its service to him as his method of gaining attention and skeptic clan recognition.

I do see this as a shame that those who are blinded by the sucker bait have allowed themselves to be conned  into believing in, and supporting skeptic Publicity Gimmicks,  which service is to discredit, and make folks who Dowse, appear to be of low intellect, liars and mis-fits.   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5198.html#msg5198

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 09:10:31 pm by Dell_Winders »

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 05:36:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dell, There is no way Carl would ever pay $25,000.  He eagerly grabbed for a dollar when he deceived other LRLers about his dowsing ability.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5203.html#msg5203

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 10:06:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Times must be prosperous now. Carl, sent me a 1921 US Silver dollar as a prize for correctly guessing the circuit in the Jim Thomas " Raven".

Thanks again, Carl!

I had asked Carl to give the prize to Christian, for his credits program. Unfortunately, if I donate it the Skeptic clan posting  on Google will construe it as proof to back up their ridiculous false accusations that Dell, is  paying off  Christian with big dollars. I think this $ measures about an inch and a half in diameter.

I'll leave it up to Christian, Bill, and the forum to decide if they feel it's ethical to receive prize donations from an LRL seller?  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5215.html#msg5215

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 10:01:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

But it does. When so-called experienced dowsers fail over and over and over in randomized blind trials, it provides a body of evidence that suggests dowsing does not work in the way dowsers would like to believe. (CARL)

The facts are that NO-One has ever qualified to take Randi's $1,000,000 Challenge in any of the so called para-normal fields. That is a strange fact in itself. I have not been around Dowsing for to long but I know only one person who has taken Carl's Challenge. I don't know where they claim the body of evidence is because I can't find it....Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5555.html#msg5555

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 10:14:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dell_Winders
Times must be prosperous now. Carl, sent me a 1921 US Silver dollar as a prize for correctly guessing the circuit in the Jim Thomas " Raven".

Thanks again, Carl!

I had asked Carl to give the prize to Christian, for his credits program. Unfortunately, if I donate it the Skeptic clan posting  on Google will construe it as proof to back up their ridiculous false accusations that Dell, is  paying off  Christian with big dollars. I think this $ measures about an inch and a half in diameter.

I'll leave it up to Christian, Bill, and the forum to decide if they feel it's ethical to receive prize donations from an LRL seller?  Dell

sure is i did hh

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5556.html#msg5556

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 06:46:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by art3811
But it does. When so-called experienced dowsers fail over and over and over in randomized blind trials, it provides a body of evidence that suggests dowsing does not work in the way dowsers would like to believe. (CARL)

The facts are that NO-One has ever qualified to take Randi's $1,000,000 Challenge in any of the so called para-normal fields. That is a strange fact in itself. I have not been around Dowsing for to long but I know only one person who has taken Carl's Challenge. I don't know where they claim the body of evidence is because I can't find it....Art

I tend to agree but like many things, some are beyond our comprehension.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5566.html#msg5566

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 08:06:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by art3811
The facts are that NO-One has ever qualified to take Randi's $1,000,000 Challenge in any of the so called para-normal fields.

Art, it's been pointed out many times that this is WRONG. Lot's of people have qualified to take Randi's challenge. There are signed contracts in Randi's possession to prove it. It's just that no one has ever passed the preliminary test.

I don't know where they claim the body of evidence is because I can't find it.

This has also been discussed over & over again. There have been many DB tests of dowsing (Betz, GWUP, etc.), which have consistently shown failure. If you can't find it, then you just haven't bothered to look.

Why do you keep repeating these false claims? Does it make you feel better?

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5584.html#msg5584

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 09:43:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Art, it's been pointed out many times that this is WRONG. Lot's of people have qualified to take Randi's challenge. There are signed contracts in Randi's possession to prove it. It's just that no one has ever passed the preliminary test.

You keep telling me that. No one has taken Randi's Challenge. I saw Randi on TV with a Dowser Failing his Challenge. How is that possible?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,747.msg5597.html#msg5597

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: