[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline widomanmx
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Mexico
Referrals: 0

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F2
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 05:44:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dowsing in the wind:
* heavy pendulum
* large pendulum
.. sometimes its almost impossible

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264750.html#msg264750

Offline Adrian See
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

935.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites quantum2,QXTpro, MXTpro /Minelag excalibur 1000
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 09:31:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dowsing don't work ,I had been digging an emergency septic system and the guy kept saying the phone line crossed the leech field and the insisted it was at an exact place in the yard every time he walked over this spot the rods would cross, HMMMM,so not to hurt his feelings I got my detector out and got no signal in the spot he was so sure it was in, surprise it was as I had known no line and this makes over a dozen times in the past the dowser was wrong !! So go pedal your dowsing story on a dowsing site  were like minded lunacy can run rapid .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264762.html#msg264762

GO FIND YOUR FORTUNE !!!!

Donkey Kong  
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 10:00:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Rudeness? I would never get rude with You unless you flamed me.   Here in NM, along the mtns you can find water any place from 30ft to 700ft.  Dowsers get out there and will tell you there is water HERE!  Yea there is but at $17 a foot a 700 FT well is more then most can handle.   I have never seen a person find anything that I could not have found by chance ever.  If you did enough holes in a football field your going to find something.  Dowsing is like a Religion, A Myth.  Your putting Faith in something that is simply NOT there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264764.html#msg264764

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 10:13:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well at leasted its not as bad as P*$$*** in the wind.

I dont believe in it for treasure hunting because out of thousands of threads here there is still no Proof and the wild claimers always back down when it comes to doing back to back Tests,

About the most that can be said is that its ok if you just want to wonder around and taking a chance, Nothing beats a Good Detector and a load of research,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264765.html#msg264765

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 11:39:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey guys, lighten up just a bit, OK?  I'm not a dowser, but in my life I've seen enough that I'm not going to discount something just because I don't understand it and can't find the scientific literature to explain it.   I've even known a few dowsers...most of whom were no more successful than you would expect from random chance.  But every once in a while, I come across a person or an event I can't automatically discount.  (Besides, I am NOT prepared to call Mrs BA either a liar or a charlatan.)

And as for whether dowsing belongs on a Treasure Hunting site or not, it has been a historical means of treasure hunting since way before there were metal detectors.   More importantly, Christian has allowed a spot for it on his website which we are all privileged to be able to use.   If folks want to discuss dowsing here, let them.  As long as they aren't blatantly seeking to defraud other members, let 'em be.   

If dowsing, isn't your thing, then just stick with the topics that are.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264768.html#msg264768

Offline JUNKMAN
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRETT AT PRO -GARRETT ACE 350
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 01:07:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

YEA FIND WATER I CAN THAT WAY NENER TRIED TO FIND COINS ETC BUT WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!???

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264772.html#msg264772

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 06:44:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by JUNKMAN
YEA FIND WATER I CAN THAT WAY NENER TRIED TO FIND COINS ETC BUT WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!???

That was my point!    There is NO Place on Earth that you will not find water if you dig deep enough.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264778.html#msg264778

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 08:57:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
Hey guys, lighten up just a bit, OK?  I'm not a dowser, but in my life I've seen enough that I'm not going to discount something just because I don't understand it and can't find the scientific literature to explain it.   I've even known a few dowsers...most of whom were no more successful than you would expect from random chance.  But every once in a while, I come across a person or an event I can't automatically discount.  (Besides, I am NOT prepared to call Mrs BA either a liar or a charlatan.)

And as for whether dowsing belongs on a Treasure Hunting site or not, it has been a historical means of treasure hunting since way before there were metal detectors.   More importantly, Christian has allowed a spot for it on his website which we are all privileged to be able to use.   If folks want to discuss dowsing here, let them.  As long as they aren't blatantly seeking to defraud other members, let 'em be.   

If dowsing, isn't your thing, then just stick with the topics that are.

BA

I have seen it done to find water but I would put the sucess down to the fact water is a natural thing/element and the fact that water magnifies natural electricity hence why damp conditions favor Detecting so that could be why it works for Devining,

I'm not convinced about it working on man made items.

I dont have an issue with it being part of the forum, In fact I cant wait for the day that someone writes an epic adventure on here that will fuel our minds Because I just love happy endings,

We have seen and been part of many Verbal Air Strikes in the past but those times have usually been submitted by those for the purpose of financial gain
I dont see anyone being heavy handed here, But I always Note that some of us dont use as many words to get the point across which I DO SEE that it could be seen that way,

MiracleTracker:- You have a better chance of success of finding an answer just by giving it a go, who knows what the out come will be. we never stop learning here, theres always something new around the corner,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264785.html#msg264785

Offline miracletrackerTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 12:49:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you to those who are positive - or at least neutral - in your comments.  I don't know how it was construed that my original question was meant to try to sell people on dowsing equipment.  I am not interested in buying or selling.  I just wanted technical advice. 

As far as putting forth evidence of dowsing, there's a reason we don't.  It's because it is often met with ridicule and worse.  It doesn't matter to me if people don't believe it works.  We all find evidence to prove our beliefs.  I just don't understand why anyone would want to spend their time and energy jumping into conversations that obviously they have no interest in at all. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264794.html#msg264794

Offline salvor6
Mod
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 02:57:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is the dowsing forum isn't it? I find it very odd that non-believers would even look at this forum.  Shocked
I think they are just trying to flame the board. They should be banned.
I saw a dowser find a mason jar filled with gold coins buried inside a barn. The property owner had no idea
how it got there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,48553.msg264795.html#msg264795

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: