[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline OnionTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:59:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Forgive me for asking if this has already been answered as I may have over looked the posting. When dowsing for metals does it help at all to have a hollow handle that you can put a bit of the metal you are searching for into. Or when using a one handed dowser does it help to hold the same metal in the other hand. My grandfather was teaching me shortly before he passed and I had seen him hold the metal in his other hand and other times he did not. Unfortunately I didn?t think to ask him while I still could. Anyone have some insight on this? ? Many Thanks

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg41436.html#msg41436

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:21:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Onion;

As I have said, often, YOU do what feels right for YOU.... what anyone tells you is a generality you can try, if a thing has worked for you once, you will be confident it will work again, so dont change, unless an accidental change produces results, then go with the change.

Copy what your grandfather did, if it worked for him, it should also work for you. He may not have felt /which hand/ was important, just that he held it at all, try it both ways. Dowsing is not a science, its not cut and dried (or cut and tried,) it is an art. When it works, you can experiment to see if you get a better response with something added or new.

Art is a right brain function, perhaps dowsing is, as well.

What others tell you to do, may not necessarily work for you, but it never hurts to try it.

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg41635.html#msg41635

goldigger

Offline OnionTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 07:04:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Makes perfect sense, I think i was just over thinking the whole process. Sometimes my left brain takes over, thanks for kick starting the right side of my brain Grin.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg41642.html#msg41642

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 08:08:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Onion;

Its a  left brain world, but Holy Cow, look at  all the right brain involvement in designing these metal finding gismos!

Considerable and serious brain research has found, people who are intensely religious, have high activity in a certain area, of the front, right hemisphere.  Wise

I think dowsing has to be related to that same section, or near it..... be interesting to see some brain research on dowsing. Forget the Great Randy, he started life as a trickster. Great

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg42130.html#msg42130

goldigger

Offline gold_digger
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 12:43:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

to all who tried dowsing and also who are expert in dowsing i have a question for you all. is it dowsing really works for locating what is buried underneath?  how reliable it is? if it is very reliable is there any reasons aside from luck of foccus that object buried underneth will not be located? thanks.

gold_digger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg42555.html#msg42555

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 12:54:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

gold_digger;

Im not an expert and I dont understand the question, can you phrase it differently??

I would like everybody to know gold_digger is not goldigger, nor is he GoldDigger1950....
I use goldigger on too many sites to change now, but I sure am giving it some thought!  No no!

OK, how would you apply this question to map dowsing??

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg42557.html#msg42557

goldigger

Offline tfergy
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

dtex professional
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 11:50:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

I learned about dowsing from a 92 year old man. He shared some very interesting insights
with me. One of the things he taught me was for effective dowsing, always do your dowsing  within a 7 day period. (3 days before, the day of, and 3 days after full moon). This has been very effective for me. Now is the time to treasure hunt. The old man told me that gold in the ground was guarded by rattle snakes as he had encountered this numerous times. He said to always hunt in the winter months. I have always taken his word for this because we have plenty of rattle snakes in S.E. Alabama.
I use a home made " money-needle". I will be glad to provide a picture of it if anyone desires. It has an old time gilette razor handle with the end out an old timey bath tub chain with many wraps of copper wire wound around it and sealed with lead into the razor handle. The other end of the chain is going through an an old bullet casing and this end of the chain is also wound with with many wraps of copper wire. The chain and bullet casing go into a lead sealed plumb-bob. Certain minerals are inside this plumb-bob. The old man told me that the copper wire was to magnify the energy that makes the money-needle work and to make it more effective. He has passed on several years ago so further info from him is not possible.
If anyone has any good leads concerning buried money in S.E. Alabama and is willing to share, I will be glad to help locate it for a share. I am fully retired now and have the time. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg133445.html#msg133445

Offline Gold24K
Copper Member

Gold is healing
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Home build PI
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 10:32:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HI Orion,
I am sensitive to energies and there is a resonance of energy that goes from like objects. Perhaps your grandfather was sensitive to this type of energy. So to have what is called a "witness" to what you are looking for is good as it puts you in resonance with a like object. So if looking for gold have a piece of gold either on your person or your dowsing device. The next thing needed is to practice feeling this energy and get very good at it. This will tremendously enhance your chances of success.

Good Fortune and Merry Christmas

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg133494.html#msg133494

Gold24K

Offline ram
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 07:28:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Scientific studies

There have been many investigations of the veracity of dowsing. The positive studies were mostly informal and did not meet scientific standards. These studies failed to exclude alternate explanations such as environmental clues in open terrain. A well-designed study would have blinded the dowser and the experimenter. Furthermore, any study must be carefully analyzed for statistical significance before conclusions can be drawn.

Sydney

An early objective scientific test of dowsing was performed in Sydney, Australia, in 1980.[1] The tests were supervised by James Randi and Dick Smith who offered a $40,000 reward to the first successful participant. The reward offer was an early version of what has since developed into Randi?s million dollar challenge, under which hundreds of dowsers have since been tested. As of 2006, they have all failed to demonstrate any objective dowsing ability.

In the Sydney test there were 16 contestants; not a large number, but entirely sufficient given the discrepancy between the 10 per cent success rate expected due to chance and the 92 per cent success rate the dowsers expected to deliver. The main experiment used a grid of 10 plastic pipes, four inches in diameter, buried parallel to each other a few inches below the soil surface. The position of the pipes was marked on the ground, and in each test water flowed in only one of them, so the dowsers simply had to select one of the 10 pipes.

The contestants agreed to all the procedures prior to the test. They were also allowed to dowse the field with no water running to determine whether there might be any interfering natural phenomena, and to dowse the field with water running in a known pipe to verify (subjectively) their sensitivity to it. Similar tests were designed for contestants who believed they could find brass or gold. In all, 111 trials were made. There were 15 successes, which is well within the range (around 11) expected by chance.

Munich

The most extensive scientific study of dowsing to date was done in Munich, Germany, in 1987 and 1988 and published in 1989.[2] More than 500 dowsers participated in more than 10,000 double-blind tests.

In one series of tests, the dowsers were in a long, movable wagon with no windows. The idea was to recreate conditions as close as possible to the normal working conditions of dowsers ? within the limits of scientifically controlled experiments ? and to make as few assumptions as possible about the nature of dowsing. The dowsers were asked to identify the position on the floor of the wagon at which they detected a disturbance. The wagon was then moved and they were asked to find the same spot. If they were actually detecting something under the ground, whatever it was and whether or not it was the same thing other dowsers detected, the spot they picked should have been over the same spot on the ground regardless of where the wagon was standing. This setup was remarkable for its generality, although it was too complicated and expensive to be used to test large numbers of dowsers. Within statistical uncertainties, the participants failed to show any dowsing ability in this test.

The largest number of tests were done in a barn. On the ground floor, water was pumped through a pipe that could be moved in a direction perpendicular to the flow. The participants on the upper floor were asked to determine the position of the pipe. Some 500 dowsers were tested in this way. Of these, the 43 dowsers who seemed to be the best were chosen to undergo more extensive tests. Over two years, a total of 843 single tests were made with this group. This experimental setup and the data obtained from it were generally agreed by the dowsers, the experimenters, and the critics to be scientifically valid and a fair test of dowsing ability.

Of the 43 pre-selected and extensively tested candidates, at least 37 of them obviously showed no dowsing ability. The results from the remaining 6 were slightly better than chance. The authors concluded that this result is statistically significant and indicative of a weak but real dowsing ability. A number of scientists have strongly and in detail contended that these results are consistent with statistical fluctuations in the absence of any real ability.

Kassel

More recently a scientific study[3] was undertaken in Kassel, Germany, under the direction of the Gesellschaft zur wissenschaftlichen Untersuchung von Parawissenschaften (GWUP) [Society for the Scientific Investigation of the Parasciences]. The three-day test of some thirty dowsers involved plastic pipes through which a large flow of water could be controlled and directed. The pipes were buried 50 centimeters under a level field. On the surface, the position of each pipe was marked with a colored stripe, so all the dowsers had to do was tell whether there was water running through the pipe. All the dowsers signed a statement agreeing this was a fair test of their abilities and that they expected a 100% success rate. However, the results were no better than what would have been expected by chance.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg133605.html#msg133605

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 09:18:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've tried Dowsing.

Did'nt work worth a scat for me.

I can map dowse if you count looking at a map and knowing were gold  Could be found.

:Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6839.msg133615.html#msg133615

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: