[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline SedenTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Goldscan PI, Garrett BFO
« on: January 01, 2010, 09:48:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Found this on from Elsevier Publications:Abstract

For testing human sensitivity to radio frequency (RF) standing waves a movable reflecting wall was constructed. Radio waves from the radio?TV tower reflected back and formed a standing wave near the reflector. When the reflector was moved, the position of the maximums of the standing waves changed and the electromagnetic intensity changed in the body of the standing test subject. The computer with an AD-converter registered the signals of the hand movement transducer and the RF-meter with 100MHz dipole antennas. A total of 29 adults of different ages were tested. There were 9 persons whose hand movement graphs included features like the RF-meter. Six showed responses that did not correlate with the RF-meter. There were also 14 persons who did not react at all. Sensitive persons seem to react to crossing standing waves of the FM-radio or TV broadcasting signals.

I have read of a theory that a dowser responds to standing waves and found this interesting.

Randy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65306.html#msg65306

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 04:48:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just out of curiosity, is there some sort of point to this post?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65343.html#msg65343

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 01:13:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Randy, I have been able to detect a signal line from an MFD to a target just by holding my arms out and walking around the transmitter until I could "feel it". It took me a long time to learn it, but then again no one was teaching me, I learned it completely on my own. It's mostly a matter of becomming aware of it. So absolutely yes, this can be done.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65438.html#msg65438

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline Sedonan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 02:10:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"Just out of curiosity, is there some sort of point to this post?"

I do believe this is a dowsing forum. Post makes good point to me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65466.html#msg65466

Him thief him fren' of him last Guiney
  Him kill both Priest and Friar,o dear.
    Him cut de troat of piccanniny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 02:13:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Sedonan
"Just out of curiosity, is there some sort of point to this post?"

I do believe this is a dowsing forum. Post makes good point to me.

Well, if it was meant to be informative, it isn't. Why does anyone expect there not to be a reaction if anything with moisture in it stands at the point of a standing wave of any frequency? That's how microwave ovens work. It's no mystery and certainly not related to dowsing.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65467.html#msg65467

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Sedonan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 02:25:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Man said:

"I have read of a theory that a dowser responds to standing waves and found this interesting."

Not looking for an argument here GD.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65470.html#msg65470

Him thief him fren' of him last Guiney
  Him kill both Priest and Friar,o dear.
    Him cut de troat of piccanniny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 02:50:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Sedonan
Man said:

"I have read of a theory that a dowser responds to standing waves and found this interesting."

Not looking for an argument here GD.

What's the relationship to dowsing? This is, after all, a public forum. Suppose I said I find refrigerators useful for finding plastic buttons. You wouldn't be confused as to the meaning of such a connection? The same goes for seemingly unrelated comments no matter how weird or spooky they seem. I am, as always, curious. You're the one suggesting an argument. If you have one, please put it away.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65475.html#msg65475

Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Goldscan PI, Garrett BFO
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 12:21:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger,

I am a patient man but you're pushing it by playing dumb.  As I posted and Sedonan kindly repeated, I had read that a new theory on the possible explanation for the dowsing response was due to our nervous system responding to standing waves.  I have done extensive study including Tromps book which goes the deepest by far into experiments with dowsers.  Other theories are Torsion Fields,magnetic vectors and scaler waves.  All somewhat related and when you look at an EEG you see how our nervous system works by electrical impulses not a sine or square wave.  Verstehen Sie jetzt?

Randy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65608.html#msg65608

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 01:32:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Seden
GoldDigger,

I am a patient man but you're pushing it by playing dumb.  As I posted and Sedonan kindly repeated, I had read that a new theory on the possible explanation for the dowsing response was due to our nervous system responding to standing waves.  I have done extensive study including Tromps book which goes the deepest by far into experiments with dowsers.  Other theories are Torsion Fields,magnetic vectors and scaler waves.  All somewhat related and when you look at an EEG you see how our nervous system works by electrical impulses not a sine or square wave.  Verstehen Sie jetzt?

Randy

Randy, I am not talking "dumb" but a standing wave is far different than the way you are using it. A TV and FM signal are generated by an amplified oscillation from a focused antenna. The convergence of two frequencies set up the standing wave. It is not a spontaneously existing phenomenon. The theory of dowsing alleges that you can detect oscillations from a tiny object simply because of its composition. There is no amplification and no standing wave in that.

I am still at a loss as to where you can take a 50 watt signal that generates a standing wave and call a bodily reaction to being in a peak power point a dowsing type reaction. In fact, it is a serious condition known as convulsing and you should be more amazed at the subjects who did not react than those who did.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65626.html#msg65626

Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Goldscan PI, Garrett BFO
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 02:47:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger,

Being an RF guy for the past 30 years in industry I am aware what a standing wave is.  This is obviously an extreme example,but the notion of dowsers detecting standing waves from objects has been proposed and I will have to see if I can track down the article.  No the article did not explain how objects cause standing waves so hence a theory. 

Some of the other books I have read that had plausible explanations of dowsing are:

Water Dowsing Energy Waves and Chemistry by Dr. Cecil W. LeFevre and Warren Gleason 2003
Biophysical Experiments on the Radiation of Matter,Divining Rods, Electric Waves by Dr. Paul E. Dobler 1939-(my Favorite)
Dowsing:New Light on an Ancient Art by Tom Williamson 1993

and an abstract of an article in the "Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh" entitled "Towards a physics of dowsing:Inverse effects in the northern and southern hemispheres" which puts forth the theory of spin torsion fields.

In reading all these newest theories I hope to make an electronic Receiver to detect these various fields.  Dr. Dobler spent years experimenting with Millimeter Waves given off by various substances which is plausible given the fact of the new millimeter passive scanners at airports.  Even though millimeters aren't known to penetrate soil at depth, I did have an article from Russia demonstrating a tank mounted millimeter camera that was able to see 55 gallon drums buried several feet underground-impressive photographs.

I am a gold prospector and miner so this is what drives my interest in finding a faster way to detect placer deposits than the way I'm doing it now (taking mercury readings of soil,measuring the amount of magnetite in soil and just plain sampling).

I would like to know what things you have discovered about dowsing.

Randy-WD6ELU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10373.msg65646.html#msg65646

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:50:34 am by Seden »
Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: