[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline therandymanTopic starter
Copper Member

Old, Fat and Lazy Need Not Apply!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, Ace 250
« on: November 25, 2010, 12:03:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I recently started investigating dowsing as a possible treasure tool and came across this site in my search.  I was wondering if anyone here had bought his DVD set or gone to one of his seminars?  Any other information or link that can help me out in my research would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  Randy    

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.dowselikeapro.com/My_Blog.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128095.html#msg128095

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

World Champion Dowser Resized.jpg

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 02:46:25 pm by seldom »

"Loyalty above all, except Honor."

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 12:18:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

LoL.

Like your avatar, you just keep going to go in circles.

They don't work.

The stick is just a extension of your mind, you point to the points you already know about.

It's like dowsing for water when water is only 20ft down every place.

I have a Place in the Florida Mtns here in New Mexico it's full of fault lines.

A well driller friend of mine has shown me that water can be had on one side of the road at 100ft.  On the other side of the road you can't find water at 600ft.

Have Fun!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128096.html#msg128096

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:27:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Randy let me ask you a question if he could find treasure using his system then why is he selling it? If it worked he would be out digging not building web sites to scam folks out of their money. I am not going to tell you not to look into drowsing just don't spend your money on stuff that you can find free using google or at your local library.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128097.html#msg128097

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, Ace 250
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 02:41:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I thought it was interesting what he posted on his website in regard to the age old question for dowsers "Why Ain't You Rich?".  Probably about the best answer I have seen from a dowser on it, however, that being said I do not believe he is rich despite his multiple contracts and such.  This simple "redneck" question remains the biggest problem for dowsers and dowsing and it creates my most persistent doubt about its veracity.  

Now, him selling his DVD's and doing seminars is not quite as bad for me as if I had (or have) the ability to dowse I am the type of person that would want to share the skill with others as there is more than enough treasure to go around for everyone.  I would want to raise everyone's boat, so to speak, and I would have no problem in seeing many others get rich and prosperous as that would bring me great pleasure.  There is so much lost treasure out there that it would take an army of thousands of full time professional dowsers decades to find even a small percentage of it.

Of course, there is the very old and very true adage that "Those who can, DO, and those who can't, TEACH.".

Another flaw in his answer to the "Why Ain't You Rich?" is his explanation answer connected with the 75% of America that is owned by the BLM, or whatever they changed the name to now.  A very large portion of these BLM lands can be claimed and mined for a small lease fee compared to what could be obtained from any successful venture.  To say that you have to be from a university and submit paperwork for 2 years prior to getting permission to remove a single fossil is a classic misdirection technique used often by debaters and more than a bit disappointing as well as a bit insulting to anyone of average intelligence.  This "fossil" hunt statement completely ignores the possibility of the individual person dowsing on BLM lands and finding small mine-able sites that could very easily make them financially independent if not "rich".  

All that being said,  I have not tried dowsing yet.  I have wanted to research it prior to my personal testing.  As I said in another post, there is enough evidence documented to at least allow a postulation that it could be a real phenomenon and is worthy of testing.  Here is my post from earlier today:

"I recently started investigating dowsing but have intentionally not tried it myself yet as I did not want to prejudice myself in any way.  I have wondered if the "faith" aspect of dowsing is the key.  Your post seems to support this.  The power of the mind to heal is known to science.  The "Placebo Effect" is one example.  People in double blind scientific tests are told they are being given a certain medication and it will do a certain thing and instead of being given the medicine are given a sugar pill that produces the "healing" just as the "medicine" would have.  We are composed of water, electrolytes, energy, elements.  Our bodies work like biological batteries.  We even need to "charge" up for 8 hours a night.  Why would it not seem reasonable to postulate that we can project and interact with other electromagnetic/electrochemical fields and systems if the computer (brain) is able to get its "mind" right and set parameters that allow for the interaction?

I am just rambling and thinking out loud here.  Of course, like any human ability, there are some that can do things that others cannot.  Some can do some things exceptionally well and if that skill has value in the marketplace they get paid large amounts of money to display or use that skill.  These people are called "Professionals".  Physical examples of this are the typical athletic activities of football, golf, basketball, soccer, etc..  Mental examples include hedge fund managers, top level stockbrokers, handicappers who consistently are better than 60% in their selections and the brilliant genius level scientists.  The physical side of things are clearly seen and understood by all as "seeing is believing".  The mental side tends to be more "invisible" as they do not trumpet their abilities and are not as celebrated by the general public, although they are certainly celebrated by their professional colleagues within their fields.  Some ascribe intuition as a key part of their mental abilities.  Some who demonstrate prescience attribute it to good planning and preparation...others admit to "luck" at times.  Those with the healthiest egos will take full credit for anything they do without a second thought to any other source as it fits their purposes."

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128134.html#msg128134

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 02:51:35 pm by therandyman »

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 04:30:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by therandyman

As I said in another post, there is enough evidence documented to at least allow a postulation that it could be a real phenomenon and is worthy of testing.  Here is my post from earlier today:

What "evidence" are you referring to? Internet blogs and message board testimonials?  Perhaps advertisements from merchants selling such devices?

There is no positive "evidence" associated with dowsing for treasure....at all

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128148.html#msg128148

Offline GooniePirate
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 05:32:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

R.O., what evidence would you like to see?

I would like to see a demonstration that is completely scientific with all the variables covered. However this may not be possible with what we know and understand at this time.

I agree with points on both sides of the argument,actually this particular subject and MANY others,....but a persons own experience usually dictates what they believe. You or anyone else has not had the life experiences that I or another person has had. I have found that dismissing someones experiences may come back to haunt (heh heh, sorry about that one) you if you have an experience that leads you to a similar conclusion.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128168.html#msg128168

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."   R. R.

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 05:49:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GriderPirate
R.O., what evidence would you like to see?

I would like to see a demonstration that is completely scientific with all the variables covered. However this may not be possible with what we know and understand at this time.

I agree with points on both sides of the argument,actually this particular subject and MANY others,....but a persons own experience usually dictates what they believe. You or anyone else has not had the life experiences that I or another person has had. I have found that dismissing someones experiences may come back to haunt (heh heh, sorry about that one) you if you have an experience that leads you to a similar conclusion.

Hi GriderPirate....there is no evidence to see/post/read about. You seem to have confused "wish science" with real life. That happens. Science has already discredited dowsing, and reinventing the wheel is overrated.    Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128173.html#msg128173

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, Ace 250
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 07:43:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There are many anecdotal reports of dowsing working.  One person with his own experience recently started a thread right here on this site:

Please Register or Login

http://thunting.com/smf/dowsing/have_you_tried_it-t19520.0.html;msg128176;topicseen#msg128176

I have seen many other similar personal reports like this.  The "scientific community" has been wrong about things more times than I can count and had to retrace their steps and retract their "statements of fact" so many times that I would not use them as a blanket benchmark of truth.  It is clear that the vast majority of scientists have made up their minds on dowsing but the problem that exists today in science is that unless you are in an area of "approved" scientific research you will not get the grant money, the tenure that you need to have to keep working.  Just even hinting that you want to do a serious study on certain subjects could ruin your reputation and career.  As some have said, there are subjects that we do not have enough knowledge about to even begin to know what questions to ask or how to even begin to study them in a way that would be productive.  On top of all that, the apparently unreliable nature of dowsing and dowsers is incompatible with the current ability level of the "scientific method". 

For example, lets say that you have 100 out of 100,000 people who play American football every week who say they can run a 4.40, forty yard dash.  It is quite easy to setup a test that will determine if those people can indeed run a 4.40, forty yard dash on any given day on any given football field in any given condition.  On a beautiful, 70 degree, sunny day you do your test and you find out that 62 out of the 100 can run it in a time of 4.40 or less.  On another day with a 15 mph headwind, only 32 can run it in a 4.40 or less.  On one other day, with light rain and shifting winds only 12 can run it in that time.  On a muddy course in perfect weather with no wind...nobody can run it in that time.  It is easy to see how the variables affect performance.  The same could be said of any physical or mental activity that people attempt. 

It is conceivable that dowsing performance is somehow related to the magnetic field strength of the earth, how active the sun is in its production of various types of radiation that affect magnetic fields here on earth or many other variables we have no clue about right now.  I have read many accounts by dowsers who do not understand why they can dowse with ease on some days and conditions and on others they can't do anything.  It is very easy to see how this would be extremely hard to fit this into a scientifically designed study and even easier to understand how any attempts to do so would probably be very crude and unable to take into account any significant fraction of the variables in a meaningful way.  Any study of dowsing at this point in time would be have to be anecdotal but would still have value as I expect there could be thousands of stories told just like the one the link above refers to.

"Doubt is the beginning not the end of wisdom." Pray

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128197.html#msg128197

Offline LkyEgl
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites MXT
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 07:58:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Before I go anywhere with this, let it be known that I will not argue! I say what I believe and if you don't accept my beliefs, big deal, that's on you. I'll still be here tomorrow, believing what I believe, until something happens to modify my belief. That said.........

Randyman has given a well thought out post and made some spot on observations. Actually, there is only one post in this thread so far that I totally disagree with.

In any case, though the only experience I've had with dowsing, (other than a little "half-hearted" playing around myself,) is with water. And yes, water can be found by dowsing. And, it CAN be found in quantitiy in one spot, while 20ft away there's hardly enough to support an average size families needs. I KNOW THAT THROUGH EXPERIENCE! Of course, if a person believes they can dowse for water, ipso facto, generally speaking, they CAN dowse for water. Inversely, if you don't believe it's possible, then spend your time in school studying geology. At least you'll only have to make a few test bores to find out which part of the strata is carrying the most water.

I had a little experience in 1986 that gave me pause for consideration. Incidently, I don't believe in luck. But, I do believe in Spiritual Guidance. (If we but listen.) Grin

The city of SanBernardino had cleared about a square block of land in downtown S.B. I was told that up to about 6 years before, there had been rows of "cracker-box" homes there dating back to the turn of the century. When I heard that they were clearing the property, I was one of the first ones to metal detect there. (With my brand new Garrett ADS11.) I went with a business friend the day after a decent rain.

Anyway, we arrived, and while my friend stopped to talk to someone diging for bottles, I walked on a short ways, turned my detector on and set the coil on the ground meaning to tune it,.................and about ruptured my eardrums. I yanked the coil back and with the edge of my shoe sole, merely scraped about a 1/4 inch of the mud off of a Barber half dollar.

Not only did I set the coil down directly on top of it, it was dead center in my magnum loop coil. So, the question to me was; did I detect the coin, or was I guided to the coin and my detector merely let me know it was there??? Personally, further experiences over many years lead me to the conclusion that; the psyche is the Guide, and the instrument points the way. Can I prove this? Obviously no. But, can you prove I'm wrong? Equally obvious, no!

So I would tend to "invert" what GriderPirate said and make it (from my perspective,); What you believe dictates what you experience!! Like the old truism; "Seeing is Believing".

Sorry if I rattle on too much, but anyway, thanks for reading.

Eagle

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128199.html#msg128199

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:00:57 pm by LkyEgl »
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 08:10:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by therandyman

There are many anecdotal reports of dowsing working.

The many anecdotal reports of dowsing working are taken from internet blogs and message board testimonials. And then, a small bashing of Science followed up with some wish science. And more internet blogs and message board testimonials (anecdotal reports).

I've seen this scenario played out a thousand times over. Stomping of the feet....wishing real hard (what if, what if) and blaming real science for the failure to find buried treasure with a dowsing wand.

Just a rational observation

R.O.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19525.msg128247.html#msg128247

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: