[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 07:10:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

R O Go get them

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142509.html#msg142509

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline MikeTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 07:18:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Rat O, you missed the point again. I was not trying to insult skeptics. I was just showing how easy it is to let someone influence you. But if you prefer to think it was an insult, well, you are free to think whatever you like. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142515.html#msg142515

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 07:33:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mike
Rat O, you missed the point again. I was not trying to insult skeptics. I was just showing how easy it is to let someone influence you. But if you prefer to think it was an insult, well, you are free to think whatever you like.  

Instead of posting about dowsing, and showing some form of validation about how it works...or how it works for you....you create a thread about people who are skeptical about dowsing, and use a dumbass example to boot!  "That's the same thing the skeptics pull" is a clear-cut attack against ANYONE who is skeptical about the fraudulent device you build and sell. The overpriced dowsing gadget you design/build/sell is a fine example of exactly why people should be skeptical!

Skeptics don't "pull" anything. They express doubt about the subject at hand.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142526.html#msg142526

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:45:01 pm by Rational Observer »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by sixdogs
skepticism and belief.

There are a whole bunch of people that don't
believe we have been to the moon.
 A large number of people that believe that
the earth was created  in 4004 BC.
There were many who believed the earth was flat
and you'd fall off if you sailed too far west.
 Some believe if you give tax breaks to the rich
and corporations, their wealth will trickle down
to the working people.
 Some people believe in dowsing, some don't.
It works for some who don't believe in it,
and doesn't work for some who do believe.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone to change
what they believe or don't believe, but to open
their mind, and accept that for other's, dowsing
is a gift that they have been given.

Sixdogs, that viewpoint is the end all for discussion if you have your way. Skeptics are the only ones included in your process. Everyone else has open minds, right? That's a very, very silly standpoint.

Skeptics have open minds. Very open. We look for evidence and failing to find any, make pronouncements about a theory. That does not mean the mind is closed. What it means is that the mind is still open to evidence. Proper evidence. Not the fairy tales of the true believers who cannot wrest the truth from an accidental discovery.

To this date, there has been absolutely no scientific proof of dowsing of any kind and that is what the so called "skeptics" can point to with surety. If real, provable evidence were to present itself, many would change their minds. Unlike the believers in dowsing who cannot possibly change their minds because they have a belief. A belief only. Not proof. They look at coins in their hand as proof. What got them to the coins? Did they sit in their living room and suddenly get pointed towards the town of Bunkville? Did then then go to Bunkville and wait for another "pointing" towards a cache of coins? Of course not.

What they did is the exact same thing ANY treasure hunter does. They researched a possible cache and went there to examine the lay of the land. Then, using the same intuition that any treasure hunter has, they looked around and found a likely location at which to focus their attention. The only difference between the two is that the dowsers use little metal rods and pretend they move to the spot where the detector operator has set up his gear. They can both find the same cache. The detector operator believes he figured out the thinking of the person who hid the cache while the dowser believes his rods found it and he pinpointed it with his detector.

While we're at it, let's please not pretend you are not trying to change anyone's mind, OK? Clearly you are.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142528.html#msg142528

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:00:49 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 07:52:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey goldnboy?there are a lot of rumors floating around the internet..I have 6 frequencies for gold?They will all locate gold but none of them are perfect. Some will pick up the rings that gold produces, some will pick up the mirror effect from gold. I have a few codes from Ranger Tell that I can not tell you about. I have been trying to eliminate micro gold for 12 years now..I am getting closer but no cigar yet.  Gold frequencies..5.13..3.025..5.7?1.5185.and 1.279..Silver..5.16?14.955?I think the end results come from all the electronics in the unit and how they are configured?.
Try to find some plans that will allow you to change the  frequency with a turn of a dial?Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142545.html#msg142545

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by art3811
Hey goldnboy?there are a lot of rumors floating around the internet..I have 6 frequencies for gold?They will all locate gold but none of them are perfect. Some will pick up the rings that gold produces, some will pick up the mirror effect from gold. I have a few codes from Ranger Tell that I can not tell you about. I have been trying to eliminate micro gold for 12 years now..I am getting closer but no cigar yet.  Gold frequencies..5.13..3.025..5.7?1.5185.and 1.279..Silver..5.16?14.955?I think the end results come from all the electronics in the unit and how they are configured?.
Try to find some plans that will allow you to change the  frequency with a turn of a dial?Art

goldenboy? I think you've dowsed the wrong thread    :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142551.html#msg142551

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 08:26:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HI All, RO I dowsed my way over here Smiley are you happy?
 I think if you want to call someone a liar , theif and conman you should have some info to backup your statement.
 Influences: Our government here gave the top tax bracket a reduction of say about 5%
 So the trickle down theory is still beleived by some, Or is it ? Seems like a crazy idea to me when you have to borrow 250 million a week to do this. But hey when your the PM why not help out your rich mates get a bit richer...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142580.html#msg142580

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 08:36:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
HI All, RO I dowsed my way over here Smiley are you happy?

Am I happy that you dowsed your way over here? Odd question coming from a grown-up   Undecided

I think if you want to call someone a liar , theif and conman you should have some info to backup your statement.

Alternatively...suggesting skeptics are trying to "pull something" is asinine and should be backed up/supported. And not with a stupid example.   Idiot

Influences: Our government here gave the top tax bracket a reduction of say about 5%
 So the trickle down theory is still beleived by some, Or is it ? Seems like a crazy idea to me when you have to borrow 250 million a week to do this. But hey when your the PM why not help out your rich mates get a bit richer...

I'll pass on the political drivel   No no!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142585.html#msg142585

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 08:43:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here is a rational Observation RO you have nothing positive to add on the subject of dowsing
 so why don't you just stay away  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142588.html#msg142588

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 08:47:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here is a rational Observation RO you have nothing positive to add on the subject of dowsing
 so why don't you just stay away  Cool

If by "positive" you mean proponent...no, I am not a proponent. As an opponent, I do have positive observations to add. Alternatively, you have nothing positive to add for the opponents.  See how that works?

Oh yeah...this thread isn't about dowsing. It started out being a "personal attack" made by a dowsing rod manufacture, against those who are skeptical about dowsing

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142594.html#msg142594

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:49:09 pm by Rational Observer »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: