[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 02:56:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by sixdogs
if you had read my post with an open mind, you would have caught on to the fact that the examples I stated are those of belief, not skepticism.

Actually, re-reading your post allowed me the same conclusion as before. You say skeptics are not open minded, in 50 words or less. Only the believers are open minded, in 50 more words or less.

What I say is that believers do not open their minds to evidence. Skeptics will be open to proof in the form of verifiable evidence. Accusing someone of not being open minded does not make it true. The evidence says just the opposite. It's the believers who refuse to open their minds to evidence, or more properly - lack of.

I have used physics, science and technology in arguing my points. The believers use stories which cannot be verified as their "proof" of dowsing. Yes, I am a skeptic but I really, truly, 100% wish that dowsing did work and that it was something which could be learned. I mean that with every fiber of my being. Unfortunately, it has NEVER, EVER been proven to work at all. There has been zero evidence of it. Even the so called "studies" these guys bring up are done by fringe groups. No scientific, verifiable, peer reviewed study has ever been done.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142663.html#msg142663

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:58:39 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 07:44:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have done dowsing with positive results backed up with pipe locator. How many people
 on this site would say that they have had a positive result while dowsing? I would say it would be a few at a guess

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142685.html#msg142685

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 07:49:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
I have done dowsing with positive results backed up with pipe locator.

Mate, this is silly. You knew there was a pipe somewhere or you wouldn't have brought along your pipe locator. Do you really believe I just fell off the turnip truck?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142687.html#msg142687

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 08:02:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

I didnt know you were on the turnip truck!
 GD I know the pipe was there to be located. that was my job. But to
 pick where the copper pipe is under the concrete slab? X marked the spot.
 I didnt think you were somehow to belive, even though you say you want to?

Posted on: February 05, 2011, 07:58:50 AM
As previously stated the pipe was located with dowsing. Then checked with a pipe locator to confirm the pipe position. Both location methods came up with the same spot. It was also a good reading with the dowsing rods.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142690.html#msg142690

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 09:10:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by sixdogs

True, dowsing has not been scientificly proven,
but if it works for someone, good for them.

Just to bring you up-to-speed on the subject...dowsing has been discredited by science. That would mean that science has proven dowsing not to work any better than random chance (guessing).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142701.html#msg142701

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 10:51:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

How could that be.. goldnboy just said that it works?I say it works and there are many more of us around the world?I taught FFA students how to locate Water, Gas and Sewer Lines for 7 years using rods made from coat hangers. I would say that 95 % can now locate these lines for the rest of their lives.
My main theory is that if you buy a new home and want to put in a patio or a tree you should know where these lines are located?If you put a tree or a patio over one of the lines sooner or later it is going to cost you big bucks..Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142730.html#msg142730

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 01:19:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
I didnt know you were on the turnip truck!
 GD I know the pipe was there to be located. that was my job. But to
 pick where the copper pipe is under the concrete slab? X marked the spot.
 I didnt think you were somehow to belive, even though you say you want to?

Posted on: February 05, 2011, 07:58:50 AM
As previously stated the pipe was located with dowsing. Then checked with a pipe locator to confirm the pipe position. Both location methods came up with the same spot. It was also a good reading with the dowsing rods.

See? It wasn't dowsing that found the pipe. It was the architectural plans and the pipe locator. The dowsing bit was for amusement.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142787.html#msg142787

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 01:47:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Unfortunately this site allows no real value to the treasure hunting world. My books are better than your books crap, and my science trumps your beliefs stuff. I do not understand why dowsers and any one with treasure hunting aspirations post here at all. I have found plenty of sites  with friendly people who do not fight with its guest. I have been reminded I am a guest here, so the site is really not for new people or people who have ideas that do not require a diode, which was also witchcraft up until 1940's or so. As soon as any friendly dowser or lrl person post, he is immediately attacked. Then people like myself who are new have to read through post after post of ideology when Im looking for how to discriminate or locate treasure. Or rules to my area, and there is some post on here helpful, and the moderators true experts in their field. Grandma said if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all. So for all of you non expert types like me, I apologize for this post. But every time I think I may find something on here worth reading, I get this nonsense, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Im outta here, Im going prospecting, and I will post my finds on another site.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142797.html#msg142797

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 02:02:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca
Unfortunately this site allows no real value to the treasure hunting world. My books are better than your books crap, and my science trumps your beliefs stuff. I do not understand why dowsers and any one with treasure hunting aspirations post here at all. I have found plenty of sites  with friendly people who do not fight with its guest. I have been reminded I am a guest here, so the site is really not for new people or people who have ideas that do not require a diode, which was also witchcraft up until 1940's or so. As soon as any friendly dowser or lrl person post, he is immediately attacked. Then people like myself who are new have to read through post after post of ideology when Im looking for how to discriminate or locate treasure. Or rules to my area, and there is some post on here helpful, and the moderators true experts in their field. Grandma said if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all. So for all of you non expert types like me, I apologize for this post. But every time I think I may find something on here worth reading, I get this nonsense, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Im outta here, Im going prospecting, and I will post my finds on another site.

This is a discussion forum. You might be looking for a web log where no discussion is allowed at all. Once you understand this, you may reconsider your leaving. You see, discussion of both sides of a point allow people to see both sides if they didn't before. In spite of what you see here, there is a lot of common ground. Don't leave because of disagreeing discussions. Leave because you just want to move on.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142798.html#msg142798

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 02:21:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I do not understand why dowsers and any one with treasure hunting aspirations post here at all.

I am a Treasure Hunter and have been for 30 years. I also am a Dowser and a LRL user. My main Treasure Hunting has been the seeking of gold. I come to the forums in hope of passing along some of the information I have learned the hard way..And yes..I do learn something new at times.

There are skeptics every place that you go. Most of the skeptics on this site are what I call tolerable skeptics..They have a right to their opinions. Sometimes I can get a little testy with them..I only post in the Dowsing section and LRL sections..When I have a question about some kind of object I am looking for I will ask questions on other boards. IE..Meteorite boards?I believe in getting my information from other treasure hunters as they are just plain old better sourses..Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142801.html#msg142801

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: