[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 04:24:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank You for a Decent and Rational Post Art!   Great

First off I too am a Skeptic.

We have the Dowsing Boards for Dowsers to Enjoy and Participate.

I don't believe it Works, I Can't Fathom How it would Work if it did.

That's Me.

I Don't agree with all the bickering's, Flash in the Pan crap that goes on.

Fellow Skeptics!

Please.

It's been asked time and time and time again to prove in a scientific fashion that it works.

As you can see, the Answer is not forth coming.

I think it's time to call a Truce and Just Agree to Disagree on this one.

Please, I'm Asking you to just Let them (THE DOWSERS)  Enjoy there space and participate in the Forums.

If your like me, Hold your Tongues and just let them do there thing.

Unless you see some selling a Do Dad making Unreal Claims, Who are they Hurting?

If It's found Monetary Advances are trying to be made selling Gizmo's,  It will be Taken Care of.

We Don't Need Attacks,  Pizzing Contests or any other Animosities.

Just Live and Let Live.

I don't Believe in Buda, But who am I to say 376 or so Million people are wrong?

Again, Please Just let them Do there Thing?

{alt}

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142851.html#msg142851
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/berquistj/rkscarediv_e0.gif

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:52:02 pm by homefire »
Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 04:54:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What's really ironic is the really good treasure hunters don't use their detector to find the gold. Just to confirm its there. They already have a good idea where the gold is. That's why I do believe in a fella if he says it works for him. Not trash him. My wife just asked me to prove it don't work, it being dowsing. I can't. Ha ha ha

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142852.html#msg142852

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 05:02:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
Thank You for a Decent and Rational Post Art!   Great

First off I too am a Skeptic.

We have the Dowsing Boards for Dowsers to Enjoy and Participate.

I don't believe it Works, I Can't Fathom How it would Work if it did.

That's Me.

I Don't agree with all the bickering's, Flash in the Pan crap that goes on.

Fellow Skeptics!

Please.

It's been asked time and time and time again to prove in a scientific fashion that it works.

As you can see, the Answer is not forth coming.

I think it's time to call a Truce and Just Agree to Disagree on this one.

Please, I'm Asking you to just Let them (THE DOWSERS)  Enjoy there space and participate in the Forums.

If your like me, Hold your Tongues and just let them do there thing.

Unless you see some selling a Do Dad making Unreal Claims, Who are they Hurting?

If It's found Monetary Advances are trying to be made selling Gizmo's,  It will be Taken Care of.

We Don't Need Attacks,  Pizzing Contests or any other Animosities.

Just Live and Let Live.

I don't Believe in Buda, But who am I to say 376 or so Million people are wrong?

Again, Please Just let them Do there Thing?

{alt}

Did you even read the opening post of this thread? It is a personal attack on skeptics by a dowsing rod manufacture. Has nothing to do with dowsing.

Your plea, in this case...should be directed @ those trying to insult and belittle those who are skeptical and join in these discussions.

Just saying....the goose/gander gimmick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142854.html#msg142854
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/berquistj/rkscarediv_e0.gif

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 05:46:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rational Observer
Did you even read the opening post of this thread? It is a personal attack on skeptics by a dowsing rod manufacture. Has nothing to do with dowsing.

Your plea, in this case...should be directed @ those trying to insult and belittle those who are skeptical and join in these discussions.

Just saying....the goose/gander gimmick

That's Cool !

Yes I did.

But it has Morphed into a different animal.

Even So, I'm just asking the Skeptics to Let the Scams hang them selves and the Believers to Do there thing.

I think the Point has been made and the Accuser's Gained No Ground.

By No Answers they have just Bolstered Your Point.

You Win.

Sorta Sliding Sideways, I just would like to see the Dowsers have there Place and Talk there Talk.

You and I know No One is going to prove it works.

Carl on Geo Tech is offering $25,000 to any one that can.

All the So Called High Powered Folks Back off and Yell UN Fair!

NO ONE has stepped forward.

Hell, Being as broke as I am, I would be the First in line if I could.

All I'm asking for to let them do there thing.

It's there thing.

Not My Thing or Your Thing.

If it floats there Boat, Let it Be.

You have more then Made your Point.

Others Have more then Made there Point.

Just let it ride and Read what has to be said.

You still have the Abilities to Question, Ask, and Provide Science that disputes any and All Claims.

I'm Just asking to Let them do there thing.

The Initial Attack was Squelched a long time ago.

Drop it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142867.html#msg142867

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 05:55:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you homefire and casca
No, I can not proof that Dowsing works. Yes I have my theories..When I Treasure hunt I use every thing about Gold occurrences, how it moves and my knowledge about where it should be. I do my research just like ever good Treasure Hunter should..I use any and all tools to locate and recover gold. Heck..My kids think that I can smell gold..
I just prefer to use Dowsing Rods and LRL?s in my search. I have been told I am successful because I go to known gold bearing areas..That is right.
If you were looking for a Spanish ship full of gold would you be searching for it in Kansas.
This one of the answers that Carl gave me..   
With LRLs and dowsing, "random chance" applies to randomized blind tests, not to field use. A randomized blind test does 2 things that a field test cannot do. First, it eliminates outside influences that might alter performance results, such as observable clues. Second, it provides a baseline from which to compare results, namely guessing.

Despite intentional attempts to mislead people, random chance doesn't apply to field use. You can't ask, "What are the odds of digging 10 holes in a park and recovering a gold coin?" There is no way to calculate that, because there is not enough information*. But in a randomized blind test, it is quite easy to calculate the odds. Depending on the design of the test those odds can vary, so it is not a fixed number that applies to every test, but it's not a "moving target" either.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142871.html#msg142871

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 06:34:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
See? It wasn't dowsing that found the pipe. It was the architectural plans and the pipe locator. The dowsing bit was for amusement.
Your correct GD it was done for amusement Smiley and with good results.
 I notice you didnt rearly ask any questions about this test? I thought you wanted to belive? Or just remain a skeptic ?  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142883.html#msg142883

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2011, 08:20:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As for influences. I don't dowse, I detect with a detector when I think it calls for it. But I found that a random pattern while detecting a new area, and open field, produces a good idea what is there. This pattern I learned from a dowser. The only difference between me and a dowser dowsing a map, is I don't have a dowsing rod when I do it.

They have some very good detectors out there that can help you dig better. But I don't read the forum to spend money on a detector, the same for dowsing. If its a detecting standard and accepted, I want to hear about it. So no if someone is selling something please leave it in the classifieds.

I'm glad the dowsers share their very personal experiences. I hope they would share more in the future.

I think its rude for detectors to hi jack a dowser page, and the same in reverse. I'm not sure what the intention of the site builder was, but dowsers don't seem to be one. That is his business, and his right. But he isnt the one fighting and tell people to shut up.

Influences, Tesla's theorys, Edward Cayce, geology. Mostly I want to duplicate the results I see posted on here. I think dowsing and detecting is two different animals in the same direction. Unfortunately, its very hard on a few forums to get any good information on dowsing.

Men of science are trained to throw out what they cant prove. Dowsers I believe are driven to do what they do (faith). Im pretty sure twenty years from now, dowsers and detectors will still be disagreeing. This is the stuff that has started wars.

I wish people could see some of the places I detect, dowsing looks pretty good and probably just as effective.

{alt}

To get back to influences, how does a dowser know when there is a solar flare, and how does it influence his search?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142891.html#msg142891
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z409/CrucesNomad/Center.jpg

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 01:10:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Your correct GD it was done for amusement Smiley and with good results.
 I notice you didnt rearly ask any questions about this test? I thought you wanted to belive? Or just remain a skeptic ?  Cool

I was being kind to you. You believe you used dowsing. I say you used the architects plans and the pipe detector.

Posted on: February 06, 2011, 09:05:19 AM
Quote:Posted by casca
I think its rude for detectors to hi jack a dowser page, and the same in reverse. I'm not sure what the intention of the site builder was, but dowsers don't seem to be one. That is his business, and his right. But he isnt the one fighting and tell people to shut up.

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to point out who is asking for others to shut up. As to a forum, it is for DISCUSSION not just for those who believe in dowsing. Those who don't believe are just as free to discuss their reasons for NOT believing in dowsing. This is not some group therapy session where we all sit around discussing our dowsing problems. It's the real world.

I've been called a skeptic and closed minded by you. I know more scientists who have changed their minds about something in the face of real evidence that I know dowsers who have stopped their belief in the face of equally strong negative evidence. This clearly demonstrates that the zealots are the ones with closed minds while the scientists are open to real evidence. No evidence is forthcoming from the dowsers here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142932.html#msg142932

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 01:10:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Firstly used dowsing rods to find the target. with a good signal marked the spot.Then used the pipe locator to confirm the position of the pipe marking the signal areas, and get a depth reading.
 Both methods found the same position. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142933.html#msg142933

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 01:26:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Firstly used dowsing rods to find the target. with a good signal marked the spot.Then used the pipe locator to confirm the position of the pipe marking the signal areas, and get a depth reading.
 Both methods found the same position. 

But you didn't do it from your living room. You went to the place where the pipe was and used your plans and your instincts as a professional. Dowsing had nothing to do with it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142934.html#msg142934

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: