[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2011, 05:47:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Why run the risk when a professional locate is free? In some states it is the law to call before you dig. Even a tree.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143444.html#msg143444

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 06:50:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes there are area where pros will tell you all that. Some areas the service is not free. Some areas a permit is required before you can kill a tree. Why take the chance of planting a tree that will give you grieve years down the road. If you can use a set of Dowsing Rods the mistake will not happen?Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143467.html#msg143467

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2011, 06:55:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This thread needs locked.

I am a member of half dozen sites I post daily. This arguing is dumb. I got a dozen replies from this topic today from here, and 50 replies from another site talking about frequencies. The difference is the attitudes. I'd much rather read about whats working, than whats not. I dont dowse, but may start soon.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143468.html#msg143468

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2011, 01:31:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by art3811
You  must be not be understanding me..I teach people to understand where their utility lines are on their property. Should they call the city planners when they want to plant a tree ?  Should they  call the city planner when the drain cleaners wants another $75 because they have not reached the street with the first basket?My sewer line from the front bathroom to the main line is 60 feet. The cause of my problem  is a tree someone planted over the sewer line years ago that is about 30 feet from the bathroom. The gentleman ran the first basket (75 feet) and then told me he had not reached the spot where  the blockage was..I politely told him to pack up his stuff and get out of my house..the safety is being able to keep from getting ripped off 

Mate, in most places where I have lived, calling the city is the law. End of discussion.

Posted on: February 08, 2011, 09:30:47 AM
Quote:Posted by casca
This thread needs locked.

I am a member of half dozen sites I post daily. This arguing is dumb. I got a dozen replies from this topic today from here, and 50 replies from another site talking about frequencies. The difference is the attitudes. I'd much rather read about whats working, than whats not. I dont dowse, but may start soon.

People are free to disagree here. You can always choose to bypass this particular topic.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143561.html#msg143561

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2011, 01:45:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,, Casca why not start dowsing ~ U never know until you try " you could be good at it ...
 I haven't done much dowsing with the rods but very interesting results, Like I said earlier
 located the copper pipe under concrete, followed up with the pipe locator. That was just for fun and to se what it was all about.  Looking forward to having some treasure dowsing experience
 also 2011 could be the year , who knows lol  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143563.html#msg143563

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2011, 01:55:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Hi All,, Casca why not start dowsing ~ U never know until you try " you could be good at it ...
 I haven't done much dowsing with the rods but very interesting results, Like I said earlier
 located the copper pipe under concrete, followed up with the pipe locator. That was just for fun and to se what it was all about.  Looking forward to having some treasure dowsing experience
 also 2011 could be the year , who knows lol  Cool
. Smiley Wink Wink

Not braggin, but Im good at what ever I do. Sometimes Im even lucky.  I thought about the pendulum, and lrl's. There is also some other high tech stuff beyound metal detecting. Just got to pay for the hobby first. My current projects for the summer is my homade recirculating sluice, and micro gold.

Not picking on ya, but I dont need to know where pipes are. I seek the treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143565.html#msg143565

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2011, 02:57:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

yes there is a lot of high tech stuff out there, I suppose it's up to you really Smiley
 if your good at what you do and lucky then your going well ". you could try the lrl
or dowsing. Casca the pipes are where you find them. Gdluck !

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143573.html#msg143573

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2011, 11:21:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Goldenboy, Im the metal Detectorist that reads about dowser's. The skill and talent of a dowser is amazing. Unfortunately my first experience with a get rich quick guy who had a camera that see's gold, started a witch hunt. Cameras can only see what you see. Not even if you squint real hard.

I get good info from here, and use it. When Im in the desert looking for ruins that have long been buried, my detector isnt worth much. I have to find it first, then detect, or I would just be swinging a detector in the desert for no reason.

I would dowse with you any day. Course my detector would be close by.

Since this post is about influences. Dowsers have influinced me to use talent, and skill, along with my detector. Right now Im one for two. I dont have any gold nuggets, or old silver clad, just happy to find the stuff Im finding. Sooner or later I will find something really special.

My experiences treasure hunting has been great fun.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143915.html#msg143915

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2011, 12:40:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Casca & all, lots of good info on this site and good people that are willing to help
 I had a chat with an older gent I bumped into today never met him before. We Talked about
 old gold mining areas, where he had once worked. I got a couple of ideas from him.
 I know Ive gone a bit of topic, but I think influences can pop up out of the blue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143926.html#msg143926

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2011, 10:56:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yessir, the easy stuff has already been dug, but there is still alot of gold that is being walked over. With new inventions every day, there is absolutely no way anyone could mine or find it all. Im saddened that every major find seems to be stolen from the hunter. Of course if you ask the indians or the spanish, we stole it from them.....ha ha. The ol timers are my best kept secret, you wont find a lot of them on here, and they make light of the bs real quick. But as long as Im having fun. I hope to post some in the future once I get a working models. My dowsing friends could direct me to some links with videos of dowsing, wink wink. Have read too much on the subject to do.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143997.html#msg143997

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: