[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline MikeTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:25:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

GSR meters (galvanic skin response) have often been called "lie detectors" but when used for dowsing, they are more accurately described as a "truth detector". Basically you attach a couple wires to your fingers and the machine measures your skin resistance. Typically there is a few seconds delay time before the meter responds, but if you practice enough and go slow enough, the lag time is not a problem. If you have tried to dowse and failed, this is how I learned. Of course learning anything from a written set of instructions is just difficult. You really have to want it. Learning to use the meter is going to take time, too. Figure forty hours for the meter, but if you practice dowsing at the same time, you will hopefully have a good start by then. One other thing the meter does is help you learn to relax. You will quickly see how far relaxed you got that session just by how far you adjusted the control. Some days will be better than others. Some days the meter just goes all over the place and you might not like it, but at least you know you can't expect any kind of accuracy.

I have an Australia GSR Meter. They cost a little under $200 but they are sensitive and they have a sensitivity control, too. That might seem pricey, but consider many of the E-meters used in Scientology can cost thousands, or you might find a moldy old one on ebay. Never tried one of those, but I suspect they are fine for dowsing. Some have a body movement alarm, it notifies you if you move too much. I saw one called the Mindwalker III that hooks up to your computer (or wireless) and it has two hands like a clock face so you never need to adjust the zero point. If you do a little web searching you can find info on how to use an E-meter. The meter responses are something you should read about, but you don't have to use all the different responses, just learn what they are. Typically for me, the meter would make a sharp "strike" like a fish hitting your lure. That was thirty years ago and of all the time I've been on the treasure forums I don't think I've come across a single person who uses one, especially those who failed to learn in the first place.     

A GSR meter can teach you alot about yourself. For starters, it takes about twenty minutes to get into a relaxed state. Unless you have something like  Mindwalker meter, you will have to continually re-zero the meter until you "bottom out" where the meter stops falling.

Another thing, any thoughts you have will show up on the meter. Of course, if you are into Scientology (I'm not) the auditor does not let the person see the meter. It's sort of like going to confession when the priest has a lie detector! The auditor watches for emotinally charged "hot spots" in the person that require follow-up questions. The idea here is to clear it out aka "clearing". Yes, I suspect an auditor that knew dowsing might be able to help someone with dowsing hang-ups. Typically these are emotional in nature. "My momma said dowsing is evil." "It can't possibly work." Stuff like this will destroy any chances a person might have to learn. These people hold a hidden "dowsing grudge". I say hidden because they don't realize where it originates. Most people at an early age are indoctrinated against dowsing. It is programmed into them to to repulse it. Can a GSR meter cure someone? Maybe. 
Don't get the wrong idea here, using a GSR meter for dowsing has nothing to do with Scientology. And I've never heard of any Scientologist using the GSR/E-Meter for dowsing but I suppose there are a few.

A original GSR meter I got had a bow tie antenna supposedly hooked up to a "tuned" circuit. Fact is whoever put it together didn't even make a circuit. Maybe that was intentional, I don't know but I re-wired it like I though it should be--a series of variable pot's and a varaible cap going through the antenna. Whatever, I got it work sometimes using their dial settings for the desired element and by imagining there was a laser beam coming out from the antenna and watching out the corner of my eye for the meter to give a quick deflection. Just by making the intersecting lines I was able to get real close many times. I found a gold stick pin about fifteen inches away from the pinpoint on my very first time I went to a city park.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17730.msg114359.html#msg114359

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 04:29:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Why on earth do you keep bumping this message? If you aren't getting any replies, it's just not that interesting. Bumping it to the top again is not required to get a reply. An interesting, factual post will do that for you. Sadly, this is neither.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17730.msg114601.html#msg114601

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline MikeTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 09:21:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What? You don't want to hear about Scientology? LOL 

I post when I feel like it, just like everyone else. Get over it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17730.msg114664.html#msg114664

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 11:49:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mike
What? You don't want to hear about Scientology? LOL 

I post when I feel like it, just like everyone else. Get over it.

You keep modifying your message to bump it up. That's not posting like anyone else. That's abusing this forum. As I moderator, I am mentioning it to you politely this time. This time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17730.msg114675.html#msg114675

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: