[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 07:17:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

could you explain more about the Florida Bobber also it looks like a rod with a handle do we need both or either???  Does it have bends in the end???  Just some quick questions I'll be ready with the pendulum by tomorrow.  Should the weight be made out of any special metal???  Will a string with a lead dipsey work???

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1597.html#msg1597

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Offline GoldminerTopic starter
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you5

Activity
0%
Male
United States

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 08:13:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Either the pendulum or the bobber will be adequate. The bobber is a thin brass rod, and a wodden handle. At the end of the rod or wire, there are some bends to sort of resemble a pointer. (of no particular use) Anything can be used as a weight for the pendulum.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1602.html#msg1602

Him thief him friend of him last Guinea
  Him kill both priest and friar, oh dear.
    Him cut de t'roat of piccaninny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 08:18:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Does the material of the pendulm have any influences? E.g. I had once bought a loaded pendulum from Sam Scafferi whoch was said to be good. The late Lee Franzen used to dowse with them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1603.html#msg1603

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 09:12:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OK...I'll work on the pendulum tomorrow morning I don't have any brass wire just stainless steel and copper...Thanks ...Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1605.html#msg1605

Toolbox's Diver Down

Please Register or Login

Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you5

Activity
0%
Male
United States

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 12:05:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Guys,
 Remember what I said earlier. The pendulum has no power, you have the power. Everything comes from you. It doesn't matter what the instruments are made of, they are just indicators. Every response comes from MIND.
Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1610.html#msg1610

Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you5

Activity
0%
Male
United States

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 11:08:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Next Lesson
Hopefully, everyone has a dowsing instrument that they are comfortable with. I really recommend that you use a pendulum, as it is far easier to program the MIND around a pendulum than any other device. When seeking information by dowsing, try to phrase your questions in such a way that you will always receive a yes or no response. Map dowsing is slightly different in that a typical session would go something like this. ?Is the shipwreck of the Santa Maria within the area of this map?? Once that it is established that your wreck is indeed located on the map, you can now find it?s exact location.
There are two methods of finding exact areas on a map, and both are acceptable for good map dowsing. The first we will call the Triangle Method. You will divide your map into four equal squares by drawing a line down the exact middle from top to bottom, then draw a  line across the middle from side to side. Label the squares A,B,C, and D. Ask the question ? Is the wreck of the Santa Maria in square A, (if NO) square B, (if NO) square C ? ?, etc. Once you have located the right square, you will divide that square into two equal triangles by drawing a  line from one corner diagonally across to another corner. Label the two triangles, for example, B1 and B2. Ask the question ? Is the Santa Maria in triangle B1? ? (or B2) Once you have located the right triangle, you will then begin to divide that triangle into two more triangles. Label them anyway that you wish, continue to ask if the object is in triangle ?such and such?. You may divide the triangles down to a very small one until you know exactly where your object is on the map. Be sure to label the squares and triangles before you try to dowse them. The second method is the Straight Edge Method.. For those of you who are right handed, you would place the straight edge or ruler at the right side of the map, being sure that the right edge of the ruler leaves no part of the map exposed.. Begin your search this way, with your pendulum or bobber in the search mode, after giving the command , ?find the shipwreck of the Santa Maria only?, move the ruler to the left with the left hand.. When the dowsing instrument begins to give a YES answer, stop the ruler and mark a line the full length of the map on the right side of the ruler. Now turn the map 90 degrees in any direction, and start at the left hand edge of the map as before. When your pendulum gives a YES response, mark a small line across the first line that you drew. That is the location of your object.
You will have to practice many times to know when the optimum time to make your first line is. It will come with practice. Sometimes you can feel that the line or lines may not be correct, and it is certainly permissible to redo. Remember, do not dowse for a long time, or when you are tired or upset.
Here is an aside to those who say that pendulum dowsing does not or can not work. I am a jewelry maker, and I was hired to make pendulums for a local businessman. He had two other piece makers, and between us we turned out over 750 pendulums a week. This was over a five year period. Do the math!! This was only one manufacturer.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1632.html#msg1632

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 07:08:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

do you want us to use a map you provide or should we start with our own maps to fing known things???

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1641.html#msg1641

Toolbox's Diver Down

Please Register or Login

Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you5

Activity
0%
Male
United States

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 07:52:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Both

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1651.html#msg1651

Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you5

Activity
0%
Male
United States

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 10:37:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Next Lesson

Dowsing is a way of being conscious of sensory inputs which are not directly connected to the instinctive brain functions. For example man's sensitivity to magnetism.  The organ we assume to be responsible for this sensitivity is the pineal gland . We know that the pineal is contained within the skull, but the pineal lies outside the brain, and has no direct contact with the brain nor does it have direct nerve connections. So the pineal must communicate with the lower brain through subconscious urges, and not rational thought. In the case of dowsing, clearly the subconscious brain (not mind) is, in some way, able to alter muscle tension in the shoulders and arms, by way of the ideomotor effect, causing the crossing of angle rods, and the swinging or rotation of the pendulum.
Yet the same channels must also be used by other subconscious stimuli for them to be felt. Anyone who has used dowsing tools may find that the same techniques work well for psychic explorations, such as dating artifacts and map dowsing. But, although the manner of bringing the raw impulse through to conscious perception may be the same, this does not mean that the origins are the same. Dowsing may be linked to the magnetic sensitivity of the pineal, but psychic  sensations may emanate from quite different organs.
Becker and Marino, who state that not all information gathered by the usual senses is 'processed at the conscious level, and there is no physiological principle that would preclude the subliminal detection of EMFs [electromagnetic fields] by the nervous system.'
If you have succeeded in ,getting your pendulum to move to "YES" and "NO" and back and forth between them, and have practiced a little bit, you are ready to proceed with Programing Your Dowsing System. (notice that I did not say pendulum)
 With your pendulum swinging to the "Ready for Question" ask the Dowsing System the following questions:
   May I, can I, should I, ESTABLISH, CHANGE OR ADD Dowsing Conditions and Agreements or Programs which will be continually in effect until changed by me.
"Primary Program is to be continually in effect until I choose to make changes.
Covering the overall primary controls, limits, agreements and dowsing responses.
The Purpose is to determine amounts, effects, conditions, circumstances, influences, times, measurements, distances, numbers, percentages and other requested areas.
Dowsing Communications to be inter- cooperative and restricted to: the Overall Universal Superconscious,  my Superconscious, my Higher Self and their approved Spirit Guides/Guardian Angels, and others of their choice, my Mind Systems, my Subconscious and its related systems. This is to cause me no harm, discomfort or loss of energy, either physically or spirituality.
Influences such as misleading thoughts, imaging, wishes, or any other conditions from any source, physical or non- physical, including my own or other persons, entities or mind systems of any kind, are not to affect me adversely or cause incorrect dowsing answers.
Time as related to dowsing is to be in my time unless other wise requested.
Answers are to be selected from all available knowledge and information sources.
The Method of Answering by the pendulum or any dowsing systems is to be:  General, swinging or moving to "yes", "no" or other information, indicating the most appropriate answer for the question asked. Clockwise spin is for searching or other agreed-on systems.
Temporary Changes may be made by me while dowsing, reverting back after use.
Program Changes like adding, deleting or changing may be made by me, but only by using a three step system of my choice.  End of program."
"May 1. Can 1, Should I Program, is to become a working part of all my Dowsing Programs, and be continually in effect until I choose to make changes. When used in reference to dowsing questions, the May 1, Can 1, Should 1, is to have the following meaning:
May I is to mean: Do I have appropriate permission?
Can I means: Do I have the ability to successfully dowse in this area and am I ready?
      Should I means: Considering all aspects related to this situation would it be appropriate, proper and suitable to dowse in this area?
"Map Dowsing Program is to become part of and work with all my programs or agreements, and to be in effect until I choose to make changes. When using a map or drawing, some type of dowsing device, and with or without an additional pointer or straight edge, the dowsing system is to indicate when the pointer, straight edge or dowsing device is indicating the present map represented location of the object, subject or target specified by the dowser. End of Program., thank you"
  If the pendulum swings to YES, you are done, if it swings to NO, try again later. I know this seems complicated, but it works.
Next lesson we will begin to map dowse the charts for thirteen shipwrecks.

Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1706.html#msg1706

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 05:21:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've always been intrigued by dowsing of all forms. Looks like here's my chance to pick up a little more on it.  Can't wait to see what's next.  This will be great.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,329.msg1746.html#msg1746

Stringfrenzy

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: