[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldnboyTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« on: November 01, 2011, 01:42:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

For all and any dowsers out there have you had any good positive results.
 I would like to hear some of your experience and & out comes from  the use of the L rods

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg200000.html#msg200000

Offline goverton
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 05:15:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

I for one have found my water line in front yard when I had no idea where it was.  This was using one bent coat hanger.

My friend who has dowsed for many years, constructed an L rod from silver spoons and he has been able to
locate caches by driving slowly down the farm to market roads.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg200003.html#msg200003

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:50:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Look, I don't mean to be a spoilsport, but dowsing is so outdated, unreliable, and strenuous it is only a last resort if you are stranded somewhere. I'm not saying it doesn't work. I have found things by dowsing. Sort of like using a metal detector to find gold in a trashy area--you have to be darned lucky. Not that you can't dowse an "area" but to get right on the spot is going to take years of practice. I would never dowse a spot then dig without confirming it with a metal detector. Matter of fact I just wouldn't do it to start with. Like one dowse says, if you start at the age of five and practice every day, by the time you reach 25 or thirty years old you should be a top dowser. Look into frequency generators. They have the best discrimination by far. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg200104.html#msg200104

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline goverton
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 10:43:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

My friend that dowsed went with me to suspected TH sites. I had several sites marked on map(Treasure Map) that he
had not seen of likely burial spots.  As we drove down a couple of county roads slowly, he did detect those spots without even knowing where I planned to look.  Real neat that that "L" rod of silver turned hard at each location from the road and then turned back toward the road when passed each one.  He would say..."likely spot that way" as each one was pointed.
.......of course the rest of the story is not necessary.....
I do know he has found sites on his own and his friend used nothing but a dowsing rod and a shovel around dallas, tx and they together would travel down old FM roads that went back to the 1900's

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg200114.html#msg200114

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 12:14:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dowsing rods are notorious for hitting on mineralized ground. One of the clues is you can't get a pinpoint or you get several hits over a wide area.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg200128.html#msg200128

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 09:27:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

I understand it is easy to discard information that doesn't fit into what you want to hear. I am offering you valuable information here for free. Like the saying goes, "If you have a good idea (this isn't my idea), don't worry about somebody stealing it, you'll have to ram it down their throat."

I can't recall the percentage of dowsed hotspots that end up mineralized pockets, but it's at least 95%. Just like gold, minerals settle in to the low places and act like a resonator. In almost all cases a solid gold target gives a weaker response. And to make matters worse, practicing with a freshly placed gold target gives a very weak response compared to a tiny amount of flour gold that has been long time buried. That even happens with the MFD equipment (not so much with the minerals because of good discrimination) if you don't have some kind of weight cancelling. Of course some dowsers have learned to overcome this through mental "programming" learned through the school of hard knocks. 

Posted on: November 03, 2011, 07:40:21 AM
Even assuming that you got the dowse correct, as it is with remote viewing, a cousin of dowsing, interpretation of the signals is key to success and it is also the most difficult part to get right. While some naysayers try to project that they make no mistakes, anyone who thinks so is fooling themself. And it's not just with dowsing or RV'ing. MFD equipment, even the ones with the electronic receivers require some interpretation, but the big difference is you don't have to get the dowse correct. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg200213.html#msg200213

Offline goldnboyTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 01:38:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goverton and Mike, thanks for your coments.
 I found both of your comments interesting.
 Mike what frequency generators would you recomend.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg200324.html#msg200324

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 09:37:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you are just starting out, I would try something low cost. Vernellelectronics.com has something to get you started. I think it is called the VR-300G costs $285. That comes with rods and the Anomoly Qualifier (weight cancelling). That is just about a give away price. And if you don't like it they have a return policy (there is a restocking fee).

Of course there are others on the market that are more advanced but higher priced. Send me a PM if you like. I suggest you don't try to build your own at first. For starters you will probably not get it right. There is much deceptive info out there, frequencies, voltages, offsets, even rod construction, are all questionable at best. And to top that off, many people on the forums who claim to be proponents are actually not. They don't even know how to use one properly. Matter of fact I don't know anyone who actuallly uses one that spends any time on the forums, only on rare occasions.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg200351.html#msg200351

Offline jackofdiamonds
Copper Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

Australia

260.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows
Windows
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 07:58:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The day before yesterday my son couldn't find his laptop. I had told him to type up his resume and I'd be able to take him to one of the local shops to drop it off. He looked everywhere and my time was limited. I've dabbled in dowsing with limited success but I do have a home made pair of dowsing rods. So I just grabbed them and was led directly and unambiguously to his room. In his room I saw another old laptop there which was not the one he needed. So I let him keep searching while I had other things to attend to. Then my daughter looked in his room and found his laptop on his shelf among books and papers.

Events like this show me how ones belief or uncertainty as to how dowsing works influences how we interpret results.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg286658.html#msg286658

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:04:02 pm by jackofdiamonds »
Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 03:19:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A little help for Mike

Please Register or Login

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html

For the new dowser I think it is important to be accurate with the rods. What the rods are made of and what kind of handles and how long they are is important. The most important thing to me is body position. You need to find a repeatable body position so that when you are on the target and the rods are crossed you can mark it.

When I noticed that I was digging some big holes to get a little gold I decided to work on the problem. The first thing I did was place a silver dollar on the floor. I put the heel of my boot on it and held my rods out and they only closed part way. I moved my arms back and forth and the rods opened and closed. I moved my hands in and out and they opened and closed.

So...I found a position for my arms with my hands 1 inch wider than the rod length. The position I chose was my arms at shoulder height and out as far as I could push them. I could repeat this position every time. I decided that I would use the front 1/2 inch of my left heel as my marking spot as I could reach it without hurting my back to much. I then started using a dime as my target.

The next step was to trim my rods so they were crossed and locked when my heel was on my spot and my arms and hands were in position. When on the target turn in different directions and adjust your feet as needed. Hope this helps some of you newbies.....Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28208.msg292662.html#msg292662

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: