[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline captainrobinTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:53:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just a big thank you for the thread Topic: Map Dowsing by Goldminer, posted back in 2006. Interesting read, gonna try to find the book referenced.
Robin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21053.msg140500.html#msg140500

I respect your opinion, but not when I know better.

Fish, or cut bait.

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 01:29:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey captainrobin?I had been map dowsing for a few years when this was posted. I may add that I had a little success but not a lot. By adding the dowsing oath and the thank you?s map dowsing advanced fast?I am still learning how to ask the questions better but my over all my finds have increased?.Art 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21053.msg140728.html#msg140728

Offline captainrobinTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:18:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Art, I appreciate your sharing some experiences. Brief background with my experiences dowsing. I got into it back in the late '70s, doing some reading, trying some experiments. Had moderate success locating silver coin hidden by spouse. I dowsed the wrists of several pregnant women and predicted sex of the baby they were carring with 100% success. I bought one of the Anderson Precision Master Rods and tried it, but that thing was totally inconclusive. Still have it BTW. Duty transfered me to Europe and I just slipped away from the practice, didn't follow up on it anymore. Retired from the Army in 1999, and moved to the second oldest English established colony county in Georgia. Reading local history I realized there HAS to be buried specie here. Started doing some research on dowsing, doing some reading, even tried Maticai's Poloroid thing. Inclusive to tell the truth. Had a SERIOUS pull that led me about a mile from home, site of an old plantation and salt works. Poloroid thingie suggested silver was there, Anderson in Y-rod configuration said silver was there. I worked the dickens out of the location, but could never pin it down. It seemed to move from visit to visit. On top of that, there was only what I can describe as a "presence" there, and it would jump my ass and ride me the whole time I was trying to work the site. VERY uncomfortable, hair on end, skin crawling, sense of malvolence. I gave up, it drove me away. I was spooked, and didn't mess with dowsing for the next ten years due to that experience.

Well, now I have a number of sites from my local research that may have caches. I'm talking moneyed and landed men here in the mid 1700s through the mid 1800s, and the later 1800s through the early 1900s during the timber boom. There were NO banks here in the 1700s, but one was established in the early 1800s. Which, BTW, had a theft of $23K in specie resulting in all old banknotes being recalled and new notes being issued. Haven't learned yet via research if the specie was ever recovered. Reading microfiche of the local paper of that year, trying to determine fate of the specie. Unfortunately, during The War of Northen Aggression, the county courthouse was burned, all proir local records lost. Kinda puts a crimp on research.

Anyhow, I have a lot of time on my hands. I'm still interested in dowsing. I can walk over a hose that water is running through and simple brass L-rods will cross. I can walk a cemetary with old graves marked only with weathered wood and as I cross the grave the L-rods will cross. They will also cross in areas of the cemetary that have no markers. I can get yes/no circling with a pendelum. This talent is also  possessed by my mother and my son. Ma did it in her genelogy research. My son is attempting to learn it to search for artifacts.

So I'm wide open for pointers and references. Didn't know about asking permission and guidance. I don't know how this thingie works, but it seems I have some ability, I'd like to develop it, and I love a good hunt.

Glad to make your aquantence, and would gladly have you as a mentor.
Robin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21053.msg140997.html#msg140997

I respect your opinion, but not when I know better.

Fish, or cut bait.

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey captainrobin?I am a Physical Dowser?No Mental imput at all?My methods are here?

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/dowsing/want_to_try_dowsing-t104.0.html

Check them out as you never know when one word or a sentence will change your Dowsing..Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21053.msg141040.html#msg141040

Offline bsloan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 05:21:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Captianrobin, I have a question about the plantation experience. Do you think a person who can sense spirits would be better at dowsing?  My wife daughter, and at least 2 grandkids have sensed spirits, and at early ages, were able to identify great grandparents in pictures, and call them by name. 

Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21053.msg183453.html#msg183453

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 07:50:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'll take a stab at this one. It is my opinion that much of what is referred to as "past lives experiences" is in fact ancestorial "channelling".  Children are natural dowsers. It's once they hit about seven years old (or earlier in some cases) that they begin to question things or what as I say the skeptic side (left side) of their brain becomes dominant. And I have read that in many cases once a child figures out they have something special that most adults don't have, they become egotistical and lose the ability. I would say your children leaning in the right direction.

So to answer your question, yes, young people can pick up dowsing very easily and they don't have to be under seven years old. My suggestion is to find a chapter of the American Society of Dowsers (or other dowsing group) near you and attend their meetings. Hopefully there will be some other young people there who can relate with them. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21053.msg183461.html#msg183461

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: